Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 47 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #691 of 4271 Old 02-19-2011, 09:08 PM
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Since we had a nice sunny warm(er) day today I decided to finish up my slider. I pulled the Jeep into the driveway, not the garage, where I had plenty of light and room to work.

I removed all the bolts (not all at once) and coated the holes I had drilled with some rustoleum paint. Of course I put the bolts back in afterwards.

I also installed the reinforcment brackets I bought. This was a good time to that since I had to remove three of the slider side bolts to mount each bracket anyway. Installing these brackets meant losening the bolts on the seat frame brackets in order to slide the reinforcement bracket into place. Each bracket is attached to the floor pan with pop rivets, which was actually the hardest part....hard on the hands that is, squeezing that stupid rivet gun, over and over. There are 8 rivets to a side.

The good news is, I'm done and I didn't even hurt myself.
Did you get the ones with the flashlight mount? Do you have any picture of them installed? P.S they look great on there. You have me wanting a pair bad. How are you likely them? The GF wants to know if she could use the tube for a step to get in since I said heck no to the nerf bar idea she wanted me to do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 4271 Old 02-19-2011, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Did you get the ones with the flashlight mount? Do you have any picture of them installed? P.S they look great on there. You have me wanting a pair bad. How are you likely them? The GF wants to know if she could use the tube for a step to get in since I said heck no to the nerf bar idea she wanted me to do?
No flashlight mount. No pic's yet. So far I love them, and part of the reason I love them is because I can use them as a step to get in, much easier than trying to step all the way in....I'm not a tall guy. The wife and kids like them for the stepping ability too.
post #693 of 4271 Old 02-20-2011, 12:04 PM
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
No flashlight mount. No pic's yet. So far I love them, and part of the reason I love them is because I can use them as a step to get in, much easier than trying to step all the way in....I'm not a tall guy. The wife and kids like them for the stepping ability too.
Thanks for the info. Cant wait to see your picture from your trip you have planned for the 5th.
post #694 of 4271 Old 02-20-2011, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Do you have any picture of them installed?
As a reminder, here are the inner supports:

Here's a shot of the driver side, right next to the seat:

Looking over at the passenger side:

post #695 of 4271 Old 02-20-2011, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I recently cut down the Antirock links a bit, so I figured I'd do some "mall crawling" to see if there were any issues with the length.

I don't see any issues with rubbing, and it doesn't appear there's going to be an issue with too much up travel.
post #696 of 4271 Old 02-20-2011, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Since I had my camera out I figured what the heck:

That's the best I can do for "offroad" pics for now.
post #697 of 4271 Old 02-24-2011, 06:02 PM
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

hey jeffro my cousin wants me to ask you how that superwinch is working out for you? He is a toyota guy and he has been over that model superwinch. Thanks
post #698 of 4271 Old 02-24-2011, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
hey jeffro my cousin wants me to ask you how that superwinch is working out for you? He is a toyota guy and he has been over that model superwinch. Thanks
I haven't had to use it yet. But I've wheeled with a couple of guys that have one, and I have seen it work without any problems. One even pulled me out last trip out to the Badlands, it was quick and easy. Both guys had no issues or complaints, so based on that, and the price I went with it.
post #699 of 4271 Old 02-24-2011, 08:30 PM
tucanbob

I'm thinking of getting the rok sliders. thanks for the pics.

are the inside supports extra cost?

99 TJ - SOLD
running jeep-less for now.
post #700 of 4271 Old 02-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Bennettj13
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jeff you should REALLY buy that AEV tranny skid I've got. It's $50 off (not counting shipping even!) and I'll deliver it to you on the 5th. You'd make my life easier by buying it. And I'd know it went to a good home. It's the black sheep of my shelf of jeep parts in the garage. The other parts tease it, knowing it will never be on my Jeep.

Just sayin.

::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
post #701 of 4271 Old 02-24-2011, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Jeff you should REALLY buy that AEV tranny skid I've got. It's $50 off (not counting shipping even!) and I'll deliver it to you on the 5th. You'd make my life easier by buying it. And I'd know it went to a good home. It's the black sheep of my shelf of jeep parts in the garage. The other parts tease it, knowing it will never be on my Jeep.

Just sayin.
I don't think that portion of the skid would really do me any good without the rest of the tummy tucker skid ($550), not to mention all the parts it would take for me to succesfully do a tummy tuck.

The Skidrow skid will have to do for now. Besides, I don't have any more jeep money right now. Saving for Moab and gas prices aren't helping. I'm also roofing and siding my house this spring.....can you say broke?
post #702 of 4271 Old 02-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Bennettj13
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You are missing the part where I need Jeep money too!

::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
post #703 of 4271 Old 02-24-2011, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
You are missing the part where I need Jeep money too!
That seems to be going around these days.
post #704 of 4271 Old 02-25-2011, 12:02 PM
B2CARPEN
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Pics of your jeep look great Jeff! It will be fun watching you get it all dirty next weekend

And let me ask, would one of the guys that inspired you to go with the superwinch EPI 9.0 be Drew by chance? He's had his winch for a little over a year now and has used it more times then I can count (mostly pulling everyone else) and loves it!

It inspired me to go with the superwinch LP8500 new generation.
post #705 of 4271 Old 02-25-2011, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Pics of your jeep look great Jeff! It will be fun watching you get it all dirty next weekend

And let me ask, would one of the guys that inspired you to go with the superwinch EPI 9.0 be Drew by chance? He's had his winch for a little over a year now and has used it more times then I can count (mostly pulling everyone else) and loves it!

It inspired me to go with the superwinch LP8500 new generation.
Yeppers it was, he got me out of this:

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.