Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 26 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #376 of 4270 Old 01-19-2011, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Wait... what do you use it for?


Jeffro06 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #377 of 4270 Old 01-19-2011, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Changed the oil, took the jeep for a 20+ mile spin, no chirpping. I hope it's the same come morning when it's like 8* outside.
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #378 of 4270 Old 01-19-2011, 06:13 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,314
If that is supposed to mean revenue generator (jk btw) for your town/city/county/state, then a GC is much better than any Tahoe.

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline  
post #379 of 4270 Old 01-19-2011, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
If that is supposed to mean revenue generator (jk btw) for your town/city/county/state, then a GC is much better than any Tahoe.
I'm a "dick".
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #380 of 4270 Old 01-20-2011, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Estimated date of delivery for my new Rokmen Mercenary front bumper......January 22.
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #381 of 4270 Old 01-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Myers
Posts: 4,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Estimated date of delivery for my new Rokmen Mercenary front bumper......January 22.
Did you get the merc or the merc GT?
Hendrix is offline  
post #382 of 4270 Old 01-20-2011, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Did you get the merc or the merc GT?
Merc, w/the hoop and welded on fairlead.
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #383 of 4270 Old 01-20-2011, 11:30 AM
kyle_craig
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: White Bear Laaake, Minnesooota
Posts: 2,745
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Merc, w/the hoop and welded on fairlead.
So awesome...
kyle_craig is offline  
post #384 of 4270 Old 01-20-2011, 11:45 AM
MountainMan864
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 3,656
What about corner armor in the future, full length or short? Under-armor setup or UCF? Cant wait to see the next phase when 35's go in.
MountainMan864 is offline  
post #385 of 4270 Old 01-20-2011, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
What about corner armor in the future, full length or short? Under-armor setup or UCF? Cant wait to see the next phase when 35's go in.
I wish I didn't have to wait, but I do and for quite awhile. I've thrown 5-grand into this thing since I bought it, and I don't have any left to throw.

My hopes for stage two are Metalcloak fenders, with rear corner guards, a tummy tuck, adjustable control arms and beefier driveshafts. That'll be a few bucks.

Stage three would be 35's, gears, and beefing up whatever else in the driveline needed to handle the 35's.

It's good to have goals. Before all that I need to finish stage one.
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #386 of 4270 Old 01-20-2011, 05:12 PM
JJeeper09
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,188
What will you go to the driveline?
JJeeper09 is offline  
post #387 of 4270 Old 01-20-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
My "duh" moment of the day.

If you've been following this you know I had some chirpping in the engine compartment which turned out to be the oil pump dristributer. I've talked to Chrysler and have a diagnostic appointment for tomorrow.

Last night I changed the oil and replaced it with Mobil 1 synthetic, Truck Turbo Diesel 5W-40, as suggeted.

This morning it was cold, real cold, colder than it's been thus far this winter. i figured if it was going to chirp it would do it this morning. Well, it didn't.

When I got home from work tonight I figured I'd start it, since it was still friggn' cold as can be. I started the Jeep, no chirping, then.......it died.

My butt puckered, I thought WTF! I started it again......it died!!

More butt puckering. I started it again.....you guessed it, it died.

I was really worried now, you know with the horror stories of the oil pump causing engine failure and all. I tried to start it one more time........nothing!!

I did the key trick to check the code. I called the shop forman I've been talking to about the oil pump and asked him what the code meant.

Anyone?
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #388 of 4270 Old 01-20-2011, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
What will you go to the driveline?
Driveline was probably a poor choice of words, I mean any parts that need to be upgraded in strength, if any, to handle 35's, I haven't researched that far out yet. Like tie rods, u-joints, steering knuckles, whatever....you know the little things..
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #389 of 4270 Old 01-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Imped
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 20,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Driveline was probably a poor choice of words, I mean any parts that need to be upgraded in strength, if any, to handle 35's, I haven't researched that far out yet. Like tie rods, u-joints, steering knuckles, whatever....you know the little things..
Just put the following on your list:

Currie steering
Savvy brake pads
Centric rotors
Arms--whatever as long as Currie JJ's are used

I wouldn't worry about the axle shafts. Put in some new spicer joints and call it a day. Having a rubicon makes building for 35's fairly straightforward.

Do the ZJ tie rod if you haven't already. Your current tie rod is hollow. If you fold it up @ the badlands next time we're there, I'll . That's really the only weak point of your jeep. If it were me, I'd concentrate on belly clearance and suspension before worrying about tires and fenders. After all that is taken care of, the only thing you'll need to run 35's are the tires. A well built TJ on good suspension (JJ's all around, blah blah) and clearance doesn't need 35's to be awesome.

OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline  
post #390 of 4270 Old 01-20-2011, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
If you've been following this you know I had some chirpping in the engine compartment which turned out to be the oil pump dristributer. I've talked to Chrysler and have a diagnostic appointment for tomorrow.

Last night I changed the oil and replaced it with Mobil 1 synthetic, Truck Turbo Diesel 5W-40, as suggeted.

This morning it was cold, real cold, colder than it's been thus far this winter. i figured if it was going to chirp it would do it this morning. Well, it didn't.

When I got home from work tonight I figured I'd start it, since it was still friggn' cold as can be. I started the Jeep, no chirping, then.......it died.

My butt puckered, I thought WTF! I started it again......it died!!

More butt puckering. I started it again.....you guessed it, it died.

I was really worried now, you know with the horror stories of the oil pump causing engine failure and all. I tried to start it one more time........nothing!!

I did the key trick to check the code. I called the shop forman I've been talking to about the oil pump and asked him what the code meant.

Anyone?
In case anyone wonders.......I used my non-sim (or whatever it's called) door key in the ignition.......

I was like.....

Jeffro06 is offline  
Reply

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
My Rubicon DaveFL Jeep Builds 7 02-02-2015 02:07 PM
Black Rubicon with flat black Rubicon decals MoparToYou Jeep Picture Requests 16 03-12-2012 06:53 AM
TJ (Rocky Mountain Edition) on Rubicon Wheels or Rubicon with Rocky Mtn. Interior MichaelK23 Jeep Picture Requests 19 01-03-2011 09:08 PM
My New Rubicon jeepmojo01 Jeep Builds 9 08-10-2009 07:44 AM
My New Rubicon Zacb262 Jeep Builds 5 06-02-2009 10:11 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome