Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 236 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3526 of 4271 Old 03-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Louie4
Jeep Enjuneering

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I can't remember the last time I went wheeling....if I were wheeling it regularly I probably wouldn't even care about the "issues" I'm having with it.

It seems everyone is going wheeling this Saturday, but I can't, because of work....
I've been stagnant for the last 18 months or so. Went back to school and got a part-time job. Got married also which meant jeep time was marginal if any.

Warmer weather and the ability to take the top off usually keeps me afloat.

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3527 of 4271 Old 03-24-2014, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Check the fitting on the intake manifold. It's a 90 rubber plug. This is what shape mine was in when I threw an evap code.
That's ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Warmer weather and the ability to take the top off usually keeps me afloat.
Topless warm weather usually helps me as well.

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #3528 of 4271 Old 03-24-2014, 07:44 PM
tsstoudt
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Have you filled it up lately, if I squeeze as much gas in mine as possible on occasion mine throws an evap code, usually goes away on its own after approx. 80 miles and 3 to 4 cold starts.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #3529 of 4271 Old 03-24-2014, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nope. It didn't come back on when I started it after work...so that's a plus.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

post #3530 of 4271 Old 03-25-2014, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Went for a drive today..... Still no code. The squeak is getting louder.. No surprise there.

post #3531 of 4271 Old 03-25-2014, 08:59 PM
bobthetj03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

It will take several cycles to come back if it does, so be patient. What's this squeak all about? My alternator bearings are going. It's a lovely noise!

Bob's boring build:

White Jeep club member #2003

post #3532 of 4271 Old 03-25-2014, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It will take several cycles to come back if it does, so be patient. What's this squeak all about? My alternator bearings are going. It's a lovely noise!
I hope it never comes back...LOL.

I believe I have a u-joint warning me it's almost time for new ones.

post #3533 of 4271 Old 03-25-2014, 10:16 PM
bobthetj03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I hope it never comes back...LOL.

I believe I have a u-joint warning me it's almost time for new ones.
Your jeep has taken you on some incredible journeys! I can only hope that I can do half of what you've done in your jeep! If you step back and really think of what you have put your rig through, I think it has treated you well so far. A little extra maintenance is par for the course IMO for what we put our jeeps through.

Bob's boring build:

White Jeep club member #2003

post #3534 of 4271 Old 03-26-2014, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Your jeep has taken you on some incredible journeys! I can only hope that I can do half of what you've done in your jeep! If you step back and really think of what you have put your rig through, I think it has treated you well so far. A little extra maintenance is par for the course IMO for what we put our jeeps through.
Oh I know it, after the abuse I gave it just on Cliff Hanger last year a little extra love is to be expected. It's just been a long, long boring winter.

I truly believe the less you drive your Jeep the more that goes wrong with it....and I've barely driven mine this winter.

post #3535 of 4271 Old 03-26-2014, 09:19 AM
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh I know it, after the abuse I gave it just on Cliff Hanger last year a little extra love is to be expected.
So true haha.

I am impressed you went for it on 33's ! Climbing out of that exit is such a good feeling.

TJ build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ljs-devil-1329976/
post #3536 of 4271 Old 03-26-2014, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
So true haha.

I am impressed you went for it on 33's ! Climbing out of that exit is such a good feeling.
The exit was something else.....I bounced a bit, may have even had all four off the ground. I'd do it again for sure.

post #3537 of 4271 Old 03-26-2014, 11:35 AM
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cliffhanger scares the **** out of me

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ

post #3538 of 4271 Old 03-26-2014, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Cliffhanger scares the **** out of me
I'd like to do it in the dark.

post #3539 of 4271 Old 03-26-2014, 07:35 PM
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
I'd like to do it in the dark.
Seriously? I've done hells revenge at night and that's pretty sketchy feeling.

TJ build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ljs-devil-1329976/
post #3540 of 4271 Old 03-26-2014, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post

Seriously? I've done hells revenge at night and that's pretty sketchy feeling.
Under a full moon would be cool.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.