Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 199 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2971 of 4271 Old 05-11-2013, 06:10 PM
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
We just sat down to eat.....and there he was.

You eating pizza was much safer than you wiring my jeep, so no complaint here.

The scenery never changes unless you're the Lead Dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2972 of 4271 Old 05-13-2013, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Only thing left to do is pack, clean the Jeep, load the Jeep and wait until Saturday morning.

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #2973 of 4271 Old 05-13-2013, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've had a few people ask about the tranny cooler and how safe it is from damage, so I took these today:

I figure I haven't smashed my muffler yet, so the cooler's chances of survival are just as good.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

post #2974 of 4271 Old 05-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've had a few people ask about the tranny cooler and how safe it is from damage, so I took these today:

I figure I haven't smashed my muffler yet, so the cooler's chances of survival are just as good.
I like the use of the word yet.

I smashed my muffler, but I was doing something really stupid .
post #2975 of 4271 Old 05-13-2013, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
I like the use of the word yet.
You never say never, right?

post #2976 of 4271 Old 05-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You never say never, right?
If you say that you never will. You will.
post #2977 of 4271 Old 05-14-2013, 10:16 AM
bobthetj03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

My only concern would be water crossings, or deep mud. Is there a manual on/off for the fan?

Bob's boring build:

White Jeep club member #2003

post #2978 of 4271 Old 05-14-2013, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
My only concern would be water crossings, or deep mud. Is there a manual on/off for the fan?
Not yet, but I'm thinking silovich can put one in.

post #2979 of 4271 Old 05-14-2013, 10:31 AM
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I dont know anything about those but that doesnt seem like an ideal location for one. Is that where they have to go? There isnt anyway to put it under the hood?

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ

post #2980 of 4271 Old 05-14-2013, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
I dont know anything about those but that doesnt seem like an ideal location for one. Is that where they have to go? There isnt anyway to put it under the hood?
That's where they are designed to go. I thought about under the hood but there's not much cool air under there. I read a lot, this seemed to be the best option..... time and use will tell.

post #2981 of 4271 Old 05-14-2013, 11:20 AM
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If thats where they are designed to go then Im sure itll be fine. Ive never researched them so I wasnt sure.

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ

post #2982 of 4271 Old 05-14-2013, 03:27 PM
shortstax33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Going to switch to an electric fan? It's the only way to shut it off that I know of.

"And if anyone's curious, the answer is yes. I drink beer before/during all mechanical surgery on my vehicles. " - yours truly.
post #2983 of 4271 Old 05-14-2013, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstax33 View Post
Going to switch to an electric fan? It's the only way to shut it off that I know of.
The cooler has an electric fan. Duh.

I know, you were thinking about the fan clutch I installed too.....right?

post #2984 of 4271 Old 05-14-2013, 04:50 PM
bobthetj03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would gather that the fan motor is a sealed unit, but I would think you'd still want the option to manually turn the fan off if you ford a water crossing and risk submerging the unit.

Bob's boring build:

White Jeep club member #2003

post #2985 of 4271 Old 05-14-2013, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I would gather that the fan motor is a sealed unit, but I would think you'd still want the option to manually turn the fan off if you ford a water crossing and risk submerging the unit.
I can hear it when its on, so hopefully I will remember to stop if its running. It kicks on at 180 degrees. I'm sure I'll get a switch, eventually.

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.