Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 137 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2041 of 4271 Old 06-16-2012, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjones1994 View Post
Just read your entire build in 3 days! One of my fav builds!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Jeff your Jeep looks great!! You have done a great job on it.
Thanks....I'll be happier when my Rokmen sliders return. The front bumper needs re-painting too, maybe I'll get that done while I'm on vacation.

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 4271 Old 06-16-2012, 08:15 PM
LeadDog
2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks great with the matching rear fenders!

The scenery never changes unless you're the Lead Dog.
post #2043 of 4271 Old 06-16-2012, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadDog View Post
Looks great with the matching rear fenders!
I like it too. I'm glad I went with these. The Genright steel fenders would have required primer and paint, and as mentioned before, wouldn't have given an inch if I rubbed a tree, which could have resulted in the tub giving first, and since I didn't want full rear corners this seemed like a good solution.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

post #2044 of 4271 Old 06-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great, I think I might use those on Dumpster.

When in 2013 are you going to Moab? EJS?

K.C.C.O.
Carpe Diem

post #2045 of 4271 Old 06-16-2012, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
Looks great, I think I might use those on Dumpster.

When in 2013 are you going to Moab? EJS?
Thanks. I kind of liked the lack of crowds when I went, so EJS doesn't really trip my trigger, but I wouldn't rule it out.

post #2046 of 4271 Old 06-16-2012, 11:51 PM
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Thanks. I kind of liked the lack of crowds when I went, so EJS doesn't really trip my trigger, but I wouldn't rule it out.
Been to Moab twice, first week of May worked very well for us, nice weather, not to hot remember, this place is essentially high desert so it can and does get very hot. Also not very big crowds so it's easy to run trails without to much waiting. However you look at it Moab is fun period. Cool trails, tons of them for not terribly built up Jeeps, so fun for all. Plenty to see, I love the place, just no driveline shop in town, that kinda sucked for us.

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
post #2047 of 4271 Old 06-17-2012, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Been to Moab twice, first week of May worked very well for us, nice weather, not to hot remember, this place is essentially high desert so it can and does get very hot. Also not very big crowds so it's easy to run trails without to much waiting. However you look at it Moab is fun period. Cool trails, tons of them for not terribly built up Jeeps, so fun for all. Plenty to see, I love the place, just no driveline shop in town, that kinda sucked for us.
I went the last week of May in 2011....the weather was great and the trails were empty.

post #2048 of 4271 Old 06-17-2012, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm realizing that once I get my sliders back on I won't have anything else to do to the Jeep, for quite some time, except enjoy it. That's not really a bad thing.

post #2049 of 4271 Old 06-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Imped
2004 TJ Wrangler 

35's.

OlllllllO

IndyORV
post #2050 of 4271 Old 06-17-2012, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
35's.

Like I said, not for quite some time. But me wants.

post #2051 of 4271 Old 06-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Like I said, not for quite some time. But me wants.
They're only 3" bigger
post #2052 of 4271 Old 06-17-2012, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi

They're only 3" bigger
And several thousand dollars, with wheels and such.

post #2053 of 4271 Old 06-17-2012, 07:13 PM
rt4422
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06

And several thousand dollars, with wheels and such.
Woah woah, don't make it worse than it is! It's not to hard to find a slighty used set of 35s. Crager soft 8s are $50-60 with 4" of backspacing. And you could sell your MTRs and wheels for a pretty penny.

My TJ Build:
post #2054 of 4271 Old 06-17-2012, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt4422 View Post
Woah woah, don't make it worse than it is! It's not to hard to find a slighty used set of 35s. Crager soft 8s are $50-60 with 4" of backspacing. And you could sell your MTRs and wheels for a pretty penny.
It would be nice to pick up a set of slightly used 35's w/wheels to put on when I go wheeling, then throw the 32's back on for daily driving.

post #2055 of 4271 Old 06-17-2012, 08:38 PM
rt4422
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06

It would be nice to pick up a set of slightly used 35's w/wheels to put on when I go wheeling, then throw the 32's back on for daily driving.
Not a bad idea. Whats your gearing?

My TJ Build:

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.