I did the JK signals tonight.
Things went really well........for the first one.
I think I got them pretty even. I made a template off the first one and taped it in place for the second one.
I didn't have to remove the headlights, but I removed the rings to make sure I could see behind the headlights, so I didn't drill into something. I fed the stock wiring in from behind in a pre-existing opening.
It turned out pretty good. I painted the exposed metal black, to prevent rusting.
The drill kicked back on me on the second one.....causing a few scratches to the grill.....
Oh well, I'll get some touch up paint, it's not a show Jeep.
For the side markers I just used the stock bulb. I pushed it through the holes the MC LED's go into, and they snapped right in.
I don't know if this will be the final set up, but if works out, it'll stay. It was free.
I painted the housing the bulb sits in black. I also painted the yellow bolts black.
The lights look pretty even.
I like it. Well, except for the scratches I caused.
I've often contemplated painting the grill black, but for now I'll just get some color matched touch up.
The hole thing took less than an hour.
Edit 1/3/14: For the record, I used a 3 1/8" hole saw.