Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required - Page 68 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 07-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #1006
Shobes
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
I've used up all my turbo/diesel knowledge....so good luck!
I've been thinking about this all day and all I can propose is that pressure and velocity are inversely related. If you have a very high flow air filter and are cruising with no hood, it's possible that the air speed could cause the boost pressure to drop. That is he only speed related thing I can think of, it also seems to correlate with your earlier comment that covering up half of the filter improved the performance. Just a thought, been a long time since fluid dynamics!

Unread 07-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #1007
Ryanw10
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've had it too with my 5.3 where the air filter was clogged and at high speeds/high rpm the motor would cut out. Could be happening only at high speeds because more torque is involved rather than at low speeds
Ryanw10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #1008
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobes View Post

I've been thinking about this all day and all I can propose is that pressure and velocity are inversely related. If you have a very high flow air filter and are cruising with no hood, it's possible that the air speed could cause the boost pressure to drop. That is he only speed related thing I can think of, it also seems to correlate with your earlier comment that covering up half of the filter improved the performance. Just a thought, been a long time since fluid dynamics!

Thats is exactly what I am thinking. Sounds crazy but the only explantion ican think of.

On another note I got good at engine braking. Blue out a front hose yesterday. Welding slag burned through my blanket and pierced on of the lines.
Unread 07-26-2014, 10:04 AM   #1009
BRay

You still running the stock fuel lift pump? If so make sure the priming lever is in the up position. If its stuck down it could limit the stroke of the pump reducing fuel volume and pressure.

I suggest checking fuel supply pressure just before the injection pump at those same speeds and make sure its not falling off. If you have the stock fuel pump it should maintain 4-7 psi at all times.
Unread 07-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #1010
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You figure out what was bogging down Jeffery yet?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #1011
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
You figure out what was bogging down Jeffery yet?
Waiting on a brake line before I can drive him again.
Unread 07-28-2014, 08:52 PM   #1012
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post

Waiting on a brake line before I can drive him again.
Gotcha. You got like 9 days.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 07-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #1013
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Gotcha. You got like 9 days.
I have 8 more nights. And I am still busting ***.

Few nights ago I made some simple but effective mounts.

Injector Line Clamp

Air Tank Mount

Rear Tire Carrier - Tieins

Then last night I was in the shop from 7 to midnight.

3D Model.

Plasma cut and scribed plate

Broke them

Tacked up

Tig Welded.

Inside Braces

Laying on the Frame

Still need to bolt it in place, and paint it.
Unread 07-30-2014, 07:51 AM   #1014
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bumper looks good.

Unread 07-30-2014, 10:50 AM   #1015
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich
I have 8 more nights. And I am still busting ***. Few nights ago I made some simple but effective mounts. Injector Line Clamp Air Tank Mount Rear Tire Carrier - Tieins Then last night I was in the shop from 7 to midnight. 3D Model. Plasma cut and scribed plate Broke them Tacked up Tig Welded. Inside Braces Laying on the Frame Still need to bolt it in place, and paint it.
That is really nice
84jeepcj7rock is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 08:16 PM   #1016
BRay

I see you have a carter style electric fuel pump in one of the pics so fuel pressure as I suggested is most likely not your problem.

Nice work on the bumper and the welding looks top notch.
Unread 07-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #1017
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRay View Post
I see you have a carter style electric fuel pump in one of the pics so fuel pressure as I suggested is most likely not your problem.

Nice work on the bumper and the welding looks top notch.
I checked the lift pump on the engine and the lever was up. And the pump is only a hear old. The one on the fuel cell is only used for off camber situations and priming after fuel filters changes. I should get the brake line tomorrow so I am going to do more testing then.

Had a friend machine me some pulleys for the SD winches. Normal pulleys would not fit in my current mounts.
Unread 07-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #1018
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Where's the new truck? (As if you don't have enough to deal with)

Unread 07-30-2014, 08:37 PM   #1019
BRay

New truck? Lets se some pics.
Unread 07-30-2014, 08:40 PM   #1020
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRay View Post
New truck? Lets se some pics.
He was teasing me with a 2014 Mega Cab 2500.

Tags
14b , 40's , 4bt , aluminum , boat side , cnc , cummins , custom , d60 , diesel , indyorv , ori struts , plasma , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.