Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required - Page 64 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #946
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yep. It sucks that the people that work hard are the ones that get ripped off. Since half of what they took was loose items in the truck I have to claim it under my auto and home owners insurance. So it looks like this is going to be all out of pocket. Good by 2k worth of ****. Yippee.

All I can say is I hope that fuker rots in hell!!!

Unread 06-20-2014, 11:47 PM   #947
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

To sell or not to sell jeffery is what is running through my head right now. Im quite motivated to start saving for an ultra 4 build. I turn 25 in 2 years, and that is when I want to have a race ready rig built by or at least almost finished.
Unread 06-21-2014, 01:19 AM   #948
gtxracer

Rent one to race, if you like it enough, sell the TJ and build your U4 rig.
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #949
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I totally agree with gtxracer. Not only that it would be nearly impossible to break even on what you have spent on parts and time put into the Jeep.

Keep Jeffery and use him as advertising for your shop and write off new mods on your taxes as business expenses.

But ultimately do what you feel is best for you.

"Look no further than yourself, for all of the good and all of the evil that exist in this world, resides in the heart of man and his propensity to use it".
10-3-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #950
BRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-3-TJ View Post
. write off new mods on your taxes as business expenses. But ultimately do what you feel is best for you.
Now that's a good idea.

Oh and you can't sell it until after the Colorado trip, lol.
Unread 06-21-2014, 08:30 AM   #951
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRay View Post

Now that's a good idea.

Oh and you can't sell it until after the Colorado trip, lol.
I would wait till after CO for sure. But just floating some ideas in my head right now.

And I dont have a business to write anything off with.
Unread 06-21-2014, 09:32 AM   #952
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Oh. I misunderstood your shop then.

"Look no further than yourself, for all of the good and all of the evil that exist in this world, resides in the heart of man and his propensity to use it".
10-3-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #953
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-3-TJ View Post
Oh. I misunderstood your shop then.
The shop is just for my personal use. If I have a side job ill do it. But no actual business yet at least.
Unread 06-21-2014, 10:00 AM   #954
Shobes
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich
The shop is just for my personal use. If I have a side job ill do it. But no actual business yet at least.
It's a sweet rig man, keep it and build your U4 rig as money allows. That's my vote anyway, I just don't think you'll get enough money for it to make a huge difference anyway....u4 rigs are huge dollars (from previous posts I'm thinking you're planning to go unlimited).
Unread 06-21-2014, 10:08 AM   #955
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
To sell or not to sell jeffery is what is running through my head right now.
After the last two Fridays, spent riding my Dad's Harley, I keep thinking about selling the Jeep and getting a bike again. A day on the Harley is cheap and very, very fun.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #956
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I would go unlimited. Selling Jeffery would be the upfront money to get started. I know what I can get out of him, and I know what I have into him.

I just always told my self by the age of 25 id be racing. So I am looking at what it will take to make that happen. Cause I am not going to miss that dead line.
Unread 06-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #957
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Number one reason I hate running a full bodied tub.

But this is pure art.
Unread 06-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #958
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Don't blame Jeffery, you're the one that beat on him.

I worked on my Jeep today too....finally did the tranny fluid/filter change, that was "fun".

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 05:34 PM   #959
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Don't blame Jeffery, you're the one that beat on him.

I worked on my Jeep today too....finally did the tranny fluid/filter change, that was "fun".
This is true. I was supprised at how much the AL springs back after applying pressure to it.
Unread 06-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #960
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
This is true. I was supprised at how much the AL springs back after applying pressure to it.
The heate treated AL doersn't give much after it deforms unless you anneal it. We get into that quite bit with our delivery trucks after an accident. GTX racer is on to it, register you shop as a business, business loss the first few years makes for a nice tax write off. Same goes for your plasma table. Money saved is money earned to make the dream come true. Sure hope to see you out at the Hammers in a few years

Tags
14b , 40's , 4bt , aluminum , boat side , cnc , cummins , custom , d60 , diesel , indyorv , ori struts , plasma , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.