Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #826
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
We got a winner. Im starting to draw up a tube chassis. Will be going with jk fiberglass front clip. Plan is to swap everything over so no need to buy anything other then tube .
So how long are you going to be without a Jeep, I mean buggy, this time?

You are a glutton for punishment.

I take it that shop lease thing didn't workout either.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 10:51 PM   #827
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post

So how long are you going to be without a Jeep, I mean buggy, this time?

You are a glutton for punishment.

I take it that shop lease thing didn't workout either.
Not long I hope. Should be a simple swap over. Maybe a month at the longest. Ill have everything built while still rocking my current jeep.

I got a lead on another one I think.
Unread 02-07-2014, 05:35 PM   #828
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich
Jeffery 2.1 is in the works
Uh oh.
Unread 02-08-2014, 10:19 PM   #829
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Kevin is playing terrible pool and rocking out to Britney Spears Toxic.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2014, 09:28 AM   #830
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Kevin is playing terrible pool and rocking out to Britney Spears Toxic.
Sounds normal.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 02-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #831
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

So, did you get any work done this weekend, or did you spend all your time singing and dancing to Britney Spears?

Unread 02-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #832
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I was only dancing to try and get Mike to break out the moves.
Yeah we got most of the chassis finished. And should have it done by this Sunday. Going to see if I can bring my plasma table down and start cutting the following weekend.
Unread 02-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #833
moomoomage
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The things I see people do are amazing I'm only 17 but I can see myself learning and being a jeep guy for life!
moomoomage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #834
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomoomage View Post
The things I see people do are amazing I'm only 17 but I can see myself learning and being a jeep guy for life!
Im only 22, and started this jeep when I was 20. Once you start you will never stop.
Unread 02-12-2014, 05:36 AM   #835
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was only dancing to try and get Mike to break out the moves.
Yeah we got most of the chassis finished. And should have it done by this Sunday. Going to see if I can bring my plasma table down and start cutting the following weekend.
You guys suck! I guess that shows how valuable experience is. We didn't even get Doug's done. We learned a **** ton though!

Before we started he said you told him to double how long you think it would take. We were cursing your name every time we hit a road block.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #836
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
You guys suck! I guess that shows how valuable experience is. We didn't even get Doug's done. We learned a **** ton though!

Before we started he said you told him to double how long you think it would take. We were cursing your name every time we hit a road block.
Yup....You put the Voo-Doo Hex on us Kevin. However, I did learn a lot which was my next major objective.

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #837
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Two things I have learned. If you think it will cost x it will really cost you 2x. And if it should take x amount of time it will be 3x the first time and then 2x for every time after that.
Unread 02-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #838
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Two things I have learned. If you think it will cost x it will really cost you 2x. And if it should take x amount of time it will be 3x the first time and then 2x for every time after that.
It seems like a solid theory. I started my cage last night & the amount of stupid **** that went on made me want to burn the garage down. From not being able to make the last bend on my A to C pillar tube because I thought it'd be a good idea to try & start bending from the opposite end, to gouging the snot out of the plastic around my steering column moving my dash around.

In the end after about an hour of measuring & moving & grinding & cutting, I got the A to C bars set perfect. Hopefully some good uneventful progress tonight.

Can't wait to see some pics of the U4!

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #839
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post

It seems like a solid theory. I started my cage last night & the amount of stupid **** that went on made me want to burn the garage down. From not being able to make the last bend on my A to C pillar tube because I thought it'd be a good idea to try & start bending from the opposite end, to gouging the snot out of the plastic around my steering column moving my dash around.

In the end after about an hour of measuring & moving & grinding & cutting, I got the A to C bars set perfect. Hopefully some good uneventful progress tonight.

Can't wait to see some pics of the U4!
Tip and trick. Add an extra few inches to the a to c middle. Then cut and sleve it at the b piller. That way you can twist the tube and get it to fit easier. And dont let people tell you that you just weakend that joint. Cause thats false. Your adding more material on the inside and you have a weld there. Your actually strong if done right.
Unread 02-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #840
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That's how poly a to b pillars are

Tags
14b , 40's , 4bt , aluminum , boat side , cnc , cummins , custom , d60 , diesel , indyorv , ori struts , plasma , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.