Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Unread 12-09-2013, 05:18 AM   #751
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
- replace the front joint with the Heims sitting on my desk (F*** JJ, currie wont help me out at all. there ignoring my emails)
They ignored emails & phone calls when I had issues with their front housing kit. Melted the bushing when we welded it in. Nothing in the instructions about removing it, so was trying to get them to send me a new bushing. Currie customer service.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #752
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Currie customer service.
Yea I am not impressed with them at all. I will never recommend them to anybody after this. Its one thing to say no we wont warranty them, and its another to ignore someone.

Some side notes. I had a set of yukon locking hubs. Had nothing but issues with them unlocking on me. So I sent them in for warranty. The denied it. Cause of some bullsh*t reason. Lucky for me ECGS is taking care of this and warrantying them and fighting yukon over this issue. I am not the only person with this same issue.

I can not say enough good things about ECGS and there customer service. You need anything axle related I would buy from them. There normally really competitive on there pricing. Even if the one time it does cost a few extra bucks its well worth buying from them. From taking care of these Yukon hubs to 2 day shipping me a new locker a couple days before I leave for Moab. Hit them up for anything you need!!

Another side note I am expanding my tool collection. I picked up a new to me box/pan brake. Its a Tennsmith HBU48-12. I am the second owner and the first was GM at the engine assembly plate. Thing looks like it was never used. And its USA made down in TN. Cant beat USA made. I didnt want a made in china brake.
Unread 12-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #753
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yea I am not impressed with them at all. I will never recommend them to anybody after this. Its one thing to say no we wont warranty them, and its another to ignore someone.

Some side notes. I had a set of yukon locking hubs. Had nothing but issues with them unlocking on me. So I sent them in for warranty. The denied it. Cause of some bullsh*t reason. Lucky for me ECGS is taking care of this and warrantying them and fighting yukon over this issue. I am not the only person with this same issue.

I can not say enough good things about ECGS and there customer service. You need anything axle related I would buy from them. There normally really competitive on there pricing. Even if the one time it does cost a few extra bucks its well worth buying from them. From taking care of these Yukon hubs to 2 day shipping me a new locker a couple days before I leave for Moab. Hit them up for anything you need!!

Another side note I am expanding my tool collection. I picked up a new to me box/pan brake. Its a Tennsmith HBU-12. I am the second owner and the first was GM at the engine assembly plate. Thing looks like it was never used. And its USA made down in TN. Cant beat USA made. I didnt want a made in china brake.
That thing is sweet, makes doing clean sheetmetal work so much easier.
On another note, do you really feel you need bigger injectors? The engine seems to be getting plenty of fuel (lots of billowing black smoke)
Unread 12-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #754
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
On another note, do you really feel you need bigger injectors? The engine seems to be getting plenty of fuel (lots of billowing black smoke)
You have no idea how much billowing black smoke there is until you follow him.

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #755
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

ECGS is awesome, those guys truly rock!
Unread 12-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #756
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerumps View Post
You have no idea how much billowing black smoke there is until you follow him.
As far as smoke goes he could compete in a tractor pull contest
Unread 12-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #757
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That thing is sweet, makes doing clean sheetmetal work so much easier.
It only blows smoke when I spool the turbo and get on it. Its not blowing smoke all day unless I dog the engine. And I have an injector that is stuck open. So I need to have them rebuild. So I am thinking of have rebuilt with some new orifices for a 50hp increase. Just to get alittle more power. I do have 5400Lbs to drag up some of these hills. If I did do new injectors I would do some pump tuning and turn back the fuel screw. Meaning more power with the same amount of smoke or less.

Quote:
As far as smoke goes he could compete in a tractor pull contest
I am no were close that that amount of smoke. Personally I like a little smoke but I don't care to be rolling call all day long.
Unread 12-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #758
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What I was getting at is exhaust temp, do you run a pyrometer? If you keep hunting for power to tackle long hills, that where things go bad with a lot of fuel. Gets exhaust temp in the danger zone in a hurry, as well as oil temp
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #759
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What UI was getting at is exhaust temp, do you run a pyrometer? If you keep hunting for power to tackle long hills, that where things go bad with a lot of fuel. Gets exhaust temp in the danger zone in a hurry, as well as oil temp

I do have a pyro, Its just not wired lol. been on the back burner to pull the dash and connect the wires.

Im just looking to try to get around 400ft/lbs at the wheels. That was my goal when I started this build. And to do it safely. I know a few guys that are going to help me achieve that.
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #760
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Main thing is watching exhaust and oil temp under long pulls, keep that under control and the engine will live a long and happy life
Unread 12-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #761
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Main thing is watching exhaust and oil temp under long pulls, keep that under control and the engine will live a long and happy life
Trust me I know.
Unread 12-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #762
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Working on the new Tierod tonight.
I keep bending the long ES2233L end. So my solution is build a beefy a$$ end

I am going to be making the end tierod out of 1.75 x 0.5" tube. Will either be DOM or chromoly. Still deciding.

The material for the rod end will be 4130 chromoly tho.

The stud will slide into the tube and this will be welded to the tube. Then the other end will be drilled and taped for an ES2010L rod end.
Unread 12-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #763
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Then the other end will be drilled and taped for an ES2010L rod end.
Duct tape or scotch tape?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #764
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Gorilla tape?
Unread 12-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #765
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Duct tape or scotch tape?
tapped you smarta$$

Tags
14b , 40's , 4bt , aluminum , boat side , cnc , cummins , custom , d60 , diesel , indyorv , ori struts , plasma , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.