Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #751 of 1410 Old 12-09-2013, 04:18 AM
Danno6102
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
- replace the front joint with the Heims sitting on my desk (F*** JJ, currie wont help me out at all. there ignoring my emails)
They ignored emails & phone calls when I had issues with their front housing kit. Melted the bushing when we welded it in. Nothing in the instructions about removing it, so was trying to get them to send me a new bushing. Currie customer service.


IndyORV
My Build

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #752 of 1410 Old 12-09-2013, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
ksilovich
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Currie customer service.
Yea I am not impressed with them at all. I will never recommend them to anybody after this. Its one thing to say no we wont warranty them, and its another to ignore someone.


Some side notes. I had a set of yukon locking hubs. Had nothing but issues with them unlocking on me. So I sent them in for warranty. The denied it. Cause of some bullsh*t reason. Lucky for me ECGS is taking care of this and warrantying them and fighting yukon over this issue. I am not the only person with this same issue.

I can not say enough good things about ECGS and there customer service. You need anything axle related I would buy from them. There normally really competitive on there pricing. Even if the one time it does cost a few extra bucks its well worth buying from them. From taking care of these Yukon hubs to 2 day shipping me a new locker a couple days before I leave for Moab. Hit them up for anything you need!!

Another side note I am expanding my tool collection. I picked up a new to me box/pan brake. Its a Tennsmith HBU48-12. I am the second owner and the first was GM at the engine assembly plate. Thing looks like it was never used. And its USA made down in TN. Cant beat USA made. I didnt want a made in china brake.

Jeffery 2.0 : Cummins 4bt, 40's, ORI's, D60, 14B, lots of AL
ksilovich is offline  
post #753 of 1410 Old 12-09-2013, 12:09 PM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
Yea I am not impressed with them at all. I will never recommend them to anybody after this. Its one thing to say no we wont warranty them, and its another to ignore someone.


Some side notes. I had a set of yukon locking hubs. Had nothing but issues with them unlocking on me. So I sent them in for warranty. The denied it. Cause of some bullsh*t reason. Lucky for me ECGS is taking care of this and warrantying them and fighting yukon over this issue. I am not the only person with this same issue.

I can not say enough good things about ECGS and there customer service. You need anything axle related I would buy from them. There normally really competitive on there pricing. Even if the one time it does cost a few extra bucks its well worth buying from them. From taking care of these Yukon hubs to 2 day shipping me a new locker a couple days before I leave for Moab. Hit them up for anything you need!!

Another side note I am expanding my tool collection. I picked up a new to me box/pan brake. Its a Tennsmith HBU-12. I am the second owner and the first was GM at the engine assembly plate. Thing looks like it was never used. And its USA made down in TN. Cant beat USA made. I didnt want a made in china brake.
That thing is sweet, makes doing clean sheetmetal work so much easier.
On another note, do you really feel you need bigger injectors? The engine seems to be getting plenty of fuel (lots of billowing black smoke)

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
post #754 of 1410 Old 12-09-2013, 01:18 PM
kellerumps
Senior Member
 
kellerumps's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Paris, IL
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
On another note, do you really feel you need bigger injectors? The engine seems to be getting plenty of fuel (lots of billowing black smoke)
You have no idea how much billowing black smoke there is until you follow him.

I don't look for problems....They find me.

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline  
post #755 of 1410 Old 12-09-2013, 02:05 PM
JJeeper09
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,188
ECGS is awesome, those guys truly rock!
JJeeper09 is offline  
post #756 of 1410 Old 12-09-2013, 02:25 PM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerumps View Post
You have no idea how much billowing black smoke there is until you follow him.
As far as smoke goes he could compete in a tractor pull contest

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
post #757 of 1410 Old 12-09-2013, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
ksilovich
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
That thing is sweet, makes doing clean sheetmetal work so much easier.
On another note, do you really feel you need bigger injectors? The engine seems to be getting plenty of fuel (lots of billowing black smoke)
It only blows smoke when I spool the turbo and get on it. Its not blowing smoke all day unless I dog the engine. And I have an injector that is stuck open. So I need to have them rebuild. So I am thinking of have rebuilt with some new orifices for a 50hp increase. Just to get alittle more power. I do have 5400Lbs to drag up some of these hills. If I did do new injectors I would do some pump tuning and turn back the fuel screw. Meaning more power with the same amount of smoke or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
As far as smoke goes he could compete in a tractor pull contest
I am no were close that that amount of smoke. Personally I like a little smoke but I don't care to be rolling call all day long.

Jeffery 2.0 : Cummins 4bt, 40's, ORI's, D60, 14B, lots of AL
ksilovich is offline  
post #758 of 1410 Old 12-09-2013, 02:44 PM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,245
What I was getting at is exhaust temp, do you run a pyrometer? If you keep hunting for power to tackle long hills, that where things go bad with a lot of fuel. Gets exhaust temp in the danger zone in a hurry, as well as oil temp

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
post #759 of 1410 Old 12-09-2013, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
ksilovich
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
What UI was getting at is exhaust temp, do you run a pyrometer? If you keep hunting for power to tackle long hills, that where things go bad with a lot of fuel. Gets exhaust temp in the danger zone in a hurry, as well as oil temp

I do have a pyro, Its just not wired lol. been on the back burner to pull the dash and connect the wires.

Im just looking to try to get around 400ft/lbs at the wheels. That was my goal when I started this build. And to do it safely. I know a few guys that are going to help me achieve that.

Jeffery 2.0 : Cummins 4bt, 40's, ORI's, D60, 14B, lots of AL
ksilovich is offline  
post #760 of 1410 Old 12-09-2013, 03:25 PM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,245
Main thing is watching exhaust and oil temp under long pulls, keep that under control and the engine will live a long and happy life

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
post #761 of 1410 Old 12-09-2013, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
ksilovich
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Main thing is watching exhaust and oil temp under long pulls, keep that under control and the engine will live a long and happy life
Trust me I know.

Jeffery 2.0 : Cummins 4bt, 40's, ORI's, D60, 14B, lots of AL
ksilovich is offline  
post #762 of 1410 Old 12-11-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
ksilovich
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,124
Working on the new Tierod tonight.
I keep bending the long ES2233L end. So my solution is build a beefy a$$ end

I am going to be making the end tierod out of 1.75 x 0.5" tube. Will either be DOM or chromoly. Still deciding.

The material for the rod end will be 4130 chromoly tho.

The stud will slide into the tube and this will be welded to the tube. Then the other end will be drilled and taped for an ES2010L rod end.

Jeffery 2.0 : Cummins 4bt, 40's, ORI's, D60, 14B, lots of AL
ksilovich is offline  
post #763 of 1410 Old 12-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
Then the other end will be drilled and taped for an ES2010L rod end.
Duct tape or scotch tape?
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #764 of 1410 Old 12-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,167
Gorilla tape?

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #765 of 1410 Old 12-11-2013, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
ksilovich
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Duct tape or scotch tape?
tapped you smarta$$

Jeffery 2.0 : Cummins 4bt, 40's, ORI's, D60, 14B, lots of AL
ksilovich is offline  
Reply

Tags
14b , 40's , 4bt , aluminum , boat side , cnc , cummins , custom , d60 , diesel , indyorv , ori struts , plasma , tj

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Clutch Assembly Pictures Requested - 1971 CJ5 028346 Jeep Picture Requests 0 06-18-2011 11:20 AM
Some Assembly Required: An 82 CJ7 Strings72 Jeep Builds 5 01-20-2011 05:11 PM
Any pics of Jeeps without spare tire & assembly phyrefighter Jeep Picture Requests 14 03-17-2008 11:29 AM
Factory Soft Top Header & Assembly Varnish Jeep Picture Requests 0 10-13-2006 11:04 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome