Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required - Page 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #646
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
Got some big plans for Jeffery. All of which have to be done by the end of the month.

To name a few.
- Engine cage
- Engine skid
- New front coilover hoops
- custom half doors
You can do it....get 'er done!

Tack those damn engine bolts in place too.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #647
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
You can do it....get 'er done!

Tack those damn engine bolts in place too.
Those are on the list too. But I got something alittle more fancy then just tacking them in place.
Unread 09-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #648
cycleguy04

How is maintaining the 4BT going for you? I hear fasteners are constantly coming loose. What are the oil change intervals and how much is required?

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #649
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy04 View Post
How is maintaining the 4BT going for you? I hear fasteners are constantly coming loose. What are the oil change intervals and how much is required?
Only bolts that loosened up after 5k miles of driving is then engine mount bolts. But I got an idea in the works to solve that. I change the oil every 5-6k miles. I could every 10k but I rather change it more often. 10qts per change. Other then fuel filters every other oil change theres not much maintenance to be done.
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #650
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Other then fuel filters every other oil change theres not much maintenance to be done.
You mean other than repair rear of tub, passenger side rear corner armor, passenger side boat side slider, passenger side "fender" tubeweld, and the grill hoop....no maintenance at all.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 09-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #651
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You mean other than repair rear of tub, passenger side rear corner armor, passenger side boat side slider, passenger side "fender" tubeweld, and the grill hoop....no maintenance at all.
Thats not maintenance. Thats just minor repairs. All of witch should be mostly done by mid October.
Unread 09-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #652
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

working away. Getting ready for next weekend.

Unread 09-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #653
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Next Weekend?

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #654
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerumps View Post
Next Weekend?
I think he's going to Brown's house to get some work done on Jeffery, wheeling is still a few weeks away.

Unread 09-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #655
crazycollinz
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How much for a set of the shock mounts and how do the struts do for on rode driving are they the stx or just the regular ori's
crazycollinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #656
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think he's going to Brown's house to get some work done on Jeffery, wheeling is still a few weeks away.
That is correct. No more wheeling for me until Harlan. Got to get jeffery all fixed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycollinz View Post
How much for a set of the shock mounts and how do the struts do for on rode driving are they the stx or just the regular ori's
Id have to get a cost of what the steel was again. These are made so the mount is 12.75 off the top of the frame rail, and 3.5" out past the out side edge. They are made to fit a box 2x3 or 2x4 tube, not the factory frame.

They are STX and there nice over 25mph. Anything slower with the weight I have on the jeep is alittle hard of a ride. But once I am cruising its like riding on clouds.
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #657
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Are those your new front coilover mounts? You should sell those as a kit, they are nice.
What's wrong with your current front coilover mounts, not strong enough/ flexing?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #658
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Are those your new front coilover mounts? You should sell those as a kit, they are nice.
What's wrong with your current front coilover mounts, not strong enough/ flexing?
Yup those are my new CO mounts. Nothings wrong with my current setup. I just need to clear up some room on the passenger side.

Built these with the intention of pushing my intercooler back up against my radiator. That way I can shell the grill out. Also this should allow me to run the intake tube right over the top of them. (adding the cross brace behind the mount not up top) All in all is should clean up my front end.

If I was to sell them as a kit. Id have to make the out side piece a little bit bigger. You cant fit a large mig gun down in there to weld Learned the hard way. Going to use my buddies Miller 140 with a smaller gun to get down in there.

Cut out the rest of the parts to get a good start on the tube work next weekend. I cut out some 2 and 4 bolt flanges out of Steel and AL. Then made the top of the battery box mount. And then cut out the bottom. Just waiting to use my friends box/pan brake to bend it up.

Also made some wall art cause you know what time of year it is again
Unread 09-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #659
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Copyright infringement, love it!

Unread 09-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #660
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Copyright infringement, love it!
If you look with a magnify glass you can see the TM stamped on it

Tags
14b , 40's , 4bt , aluminum , boat side , cnc , cummins , custom , d60 , diesel , indyorv , ori struts , plasma , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.