Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required - Page 37 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #541 of 1411 Old 03-17-2013, 11:01 AM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
It did everything I could ask for on a shake down run. The only problems I have as of right now. Is...
1) The bore seal in the rear ARB needs to be replaced
2) The starter solenoid is bad (new starter)
3) The new alternator squeaks like no other
4) I broke the tiny front suckdown line. Time to get me a viking line like I have for the rear
5) The rod on the master cylinder snapped in half when I went to load it on the trailer.
6) Small leak in the power steering box.

Other then those problems it performed flawlessly. It went where I pointed the wheels and climbed up just about everything I tried. Cant wait to fix up the rest and get back on the trail for some more tuning in a couple weeks.

I didnt take many photos, but Jeffro took over a 1000 so ill just wait for his trail report
Nothing that cannot be fixed in fairly short order, I have found that a center limit strap works very well up front, like it better than the suckdown winch on my other Jeep, problem with a suck down winch is that you can forget to release it, with not so good result. Flopped my lil Jeep because of it. Also there is that tendency for the winch line to break, been there done that. As for the Alternator does the belt have enough wrap?
Pretty cool how a well built big boy Jeep walks over darn near everything with open diffs isn't it?


My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 1411 Old 03-17-2013, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
ksilovich
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Nothing that cannot be fixed in fairly short order, I have found that a center limit strap works very well up front, like it better than the suckdown winch on my other Jeep, problem with a suck down winch is that you can forget to release it, with not so good result. Flopped my lil Jeep because of it. Also there is that tendency for the winch line to break, been there done that. As for the Alternator does the belt have enough wrap?
Pretty cool how a well built big boy Jeep walks over darn near everything with open diffs isn't it?
I did have the front locker which was nice. But I was surprised on what I climbed with out a rear locker. That 4bt has some power behind it. A couple times I was building right around 30 psi of boost. The belt is brand new. there is some deflection in the belt if I push on it. Not sure why its acting up. But thats my least bit of concern right now.

Jeffery 2.0 : Cummins 4bt, 40's, ORI's, D60, 14B, lots of AL
ksilovich is offline  
post #543 of 1411 Old 03-17-2013, 12:15 PM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
I did have the front locker which was nice. But I was surprised on what I climbed with out a rear locker. That 4bt has some power behind it. A couple times I was building right around 30 psi of boost. The belt is brand new. there is some deflection in the belt if I push on it. Not sure why its acting up. But thats my least bit of concern right now.
I looked back through your pics and the reason for the belt slipping is that there is not enough belt wrap around the alternator pulley. to fix that you would want either reroute the belt or move the idler/ tensioner pulley down a way to get more wrap around the alternator pulley. Would be somewhat tricky since the upper radiator hose comes out in that area. But should not be a problem for you. Great to see this thing on some rocks man, great built

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
post #544 of 1411 Old 03-17-2013, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
ksilovich
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post

I looked back through your pics and the reason for the belt slipping is that there is not enough belt wrap around the alternator pulley. to fix that you would want either reroute the belt or move the idler/ tensioner pulley down a way to get more wrap around the alternator pulley. Would be somewhat tricky since the upper radiator hose comes out in that area. But should not be a problem for you. Great to see this thing on some rocks man, great built

The belts not slipping. I know that noise. Its the alternator it self making a whining noise.

Jeffery 2.0 : Cummins 4bt, 40's, ORI's, D60, 14B, lots of AL
ksilovich is offline  
post #545 of 1411 Old 03-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
I didnt take many photos, but Jeffro took over a 1000 so ill just wait for his trail report
Here it is.
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #546 of 1411 Old 03-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #547 of 1411 Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 AM
Shobes
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Lyon
Posts: 572
Excellent video, I love the sound of that 4bt when you lean into it! Nice work!
Shobes is offline  
post #548 of 1411 Old 03-18-2013, 06:05 AM
Imped
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 20,300
Love it dude. Wish I could've been there.

OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is online now  
post #549 of 1411 Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
ksilovich
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Love it dude. Wish I could've been there.
Thanks. I need to get back down there one more time before moab. I need to tune my ORIs a little. Hoping for mid april

Jeffery 2.0 : Cummins 4bt, 40's, ORI's, D60, 14B, lots of AL
ksilovich is offline  
post #550 of 1411 Old 03-18-2013, 11:33 AM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
Thanks. I need to get back down there one more time before moab. I need to tune my ORIs a little. Hoping for mid april
By looking at all the pictures the ORI's are doing some interesting stuff

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
post #551 of 1411 Old 03-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
Thanks. I need to get back down there one more time before moab. I need to tune my ORIs a little. Hoping for mid april
Just don't break it.
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #552 of 1411 Old 03-18-2013, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
ksilovich
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
By looking at all the pictures the ORI's are doing some interesting stuff
I feel like the rear is alittle to soft for me. Front seemed to preform flawless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Just don't break it.
Yes mom



Talk about flex

Jeffery 2.0 : Cummins 4bt, 40's, ORI's, D60, 14B, lots of AL
ksilovich is offline  
post #553 of 1411 Old 03-18-2013, 06:29 PM
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point
Posts: 3,419
Killer build. Will gave me a hand this weekend installing my locker and he talked about how well your Jeep performed at the Badlands the day before. I had to find your build on here to check it out. That's definitely some super impressive work! My ZJ could use a little of your creative ingenuity if you're ever up in the Crown Point area.

97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, bumpers, bunch o' skids, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
Build
ejschultz is offline  
post #554 of 1411 Old 03-18-2013, 06:41 PM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
I feel like the rear is alittle to soft for me. Front seemed to preform flawless.



Yes mom



Talk about flex
Look at all the pics Jeff took as far as flex goes, squatting and what not
Don't know squat about how ORI's work, but the claim is that they do not unload, seems like they do also the back seems to flex earlier and more than the front, it's nice when the front and back flexes equally so the body stays relatively straight and the axles just articulate. I am sure you will get it adjusted to your liking. Still love the pic of climbing a ledge with 4 tires spinning and the coal coming out of the back, those pics are priceless.
Looks like it has some serious torque

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
post #555 of 1411 Old 03-19-2013, 06:19 AM
roes
Registered User
1947 CJ2A 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Syracuse, IN
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Don't know squat about how ORI's work, but the claim is that they do not unload, seems like they do also the back seems to flex earlier and more than the front, it's nice when the front and back flexes equally so the body stays relatively straight and the axles just articulate.
The nitrogen pressure in the bottom controls the struts "spring rate", that most likely needs increased in the rear. It takes 2-3 tries to get everything adjusted to your liking for each vehicle.
roes is offline  
Reply

Tags
14b , 40's , 4bt , aluminum , boat side , cnc , cummins , custom , d60 , diesel , indyorv , ori struts , plasma , tj

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Clutch Assembly Pictures Requested - 1971 CJ5 028346 Jeep Picture Requests 0 06-18-2011 11:20 AM
Some Assembly Required: An 82 CJ7 Strings72 Jeep Builds 5 01-20-2011 05:11 PM
Any pics of Jeeps without spare tire & assembly phyrefighter Jeep Picture Requests 14 03-17-2008 11:29 AM
Factory Soft Top Header & Assembly Varnish Jeep Picture Requests 0 10-13-2006 11:04 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome