Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required - Page 37 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutIntroducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 03-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #541
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
It did everything I could ask for on a shake down run. The only problems I have as of right now. Is...
1) The bore seal in the rear ARB needs to be replaced
2) The starter solenoid is bad (new starter)
3) The new alternator squeaks like no other
4) I broke the tiny front suckdown line. Time to get me a viking line like I have for the rear
5) The rod on the master cylinder snapped in half when I went to load it on the trailer.
6) Small leak in the power steering box.

Other then those problems it performed flawlessly. It went where I pointed the wheels and climbed up just about everything I tried. Cant wait to fix up the rest and get back on the trail for some more tuning in a couple weeks.

I didnt take many photos, but Jeffro took over a 1000 so ill just wait for his trail report
Nothing that cannot be fixed in fairly short order, I have found that a center limit strap works very well up front, like it better than the suckdown winch on my other Jeep, problem with a suck down winch is that you can forget to release it, with not so good result. Flopped my lil Jeep because of it. Also there is that tendency for the winch line to break, been there done that. As for the Alternator does the belt have enough wrap?
Pretty cool how a well built big boy Jeep walks over darn near everything with open diffs isn't it?

Unread 03-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #542
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Nothing that cannot be fixed in fairly short order, I have found that a center limit strap works very well up front, like it better than the suckdown winch on my other Jeep, problem with a suck down winch is that you can forget to release it, with not so good result. Flopped my lil Jeep because of it. Also there is that tendency for the winch line to break, been there done that. As for the Alternator does the belt have enough wrap?
Pretty cool how a well built big boy Jeep walks over darn near everything with open diffs isn't it?
I did have the front locker which was nice. But I was surprised on what I climbed with out a rear locker. That 4bt has some power behind it. A couple times I was building right around 30 psi of boost. The belt is brand new. there is some deflection in the belt if I push on it. Not sure why its acting up. But thats my least bit of concern right now.
Unread 03-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #543
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I did have the front locker which was nice. But I was surprised on what I climbed with out a rear locker. That 4bt has some power behind it. A couple times I was building right around 30 psi of boost. The belt is brand new. there is some deflection in the belt if I push on it. Not sure why its acting up. But thats my least bit of concern right now.
I looked back through your pics and the reason for the belt slipping is that there is not enough belt wrap around the alternator pulley. to fix that you would want either reroute the belt or move the idler/ tensioner pulley down a way to get more wrap around the alternator pulley. Would be somewhat tricky since the upper radiator hose comes out in that area. But should not be a problem for you. Great to see this thing on some rocks man, great built
Unread 03-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #544
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I looked back through your pics and the reason for the belt slipping is that there is not enough belt wrap around the alternator pulley. to fix that you would want either reroute the belt or move the idler/ tensioner pulley down a way to get more wrap around the alternator pulley. Would be somewhat tricky since the upper radiator hose comes out in that area. But should not be a problem for you. Great to see this thing on some rocks man, great built

The belts not slipping. I know that noise. Its the alternator it self making a whining noise.
Unread 03-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #545
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I didnt take many photos, but Jeffro took over a 1000 so ill just wait for his trail report
Here it is.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #546
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #547
Shobes
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Excellent video, I love the sound of that 4bt when you lean into it! Nice work!
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #548
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Love it dude. Wish I could've been there.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #549
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Love it dude. Wish I could've been there.
Thanks. I need to get back down there one more time before moab. I need to tune my ORIs a little. Hoping for mid april
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #550
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks. I need to get back down there one more time before moab. I need to tune my ORIs a little. Hoping for mid april
By looking at all the pictures the ORI's are doing some interesting stuff
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #551
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Just don't break it.

Unread 03-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #552
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
By looking at all the pictures the ORI's are doing some interesting stuff
I feel like the rear is alittle to soft for me. Front seemed to preform flawless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Just don't break it.
Yes mom

Talk about flex
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #553
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Killer build. Will gave me a hand this weekend installing my locker and he talked about how well your Jeep performed at the Badlands the day before. I had to find your build on here to check it out. That's definitely some super impressive work! My ZJ could use a little of your creative ingenuity if you're ever up in the Crown Point area.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #554
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I feel like the rear is alittle to soft for me. Front seemed to preform flawless.

Yes mom

Talk about flex
Look at all the pics Jeff took as far as flex goes, squatting and what not
Don't know squat about how ORI's work, but the claim is that they do not unload, seems like they do also the back seems to flex earlier and more than the front, it's nice when the front and back flexes equally so the body stays relatively straight and the axles just articulate. I am sure you will get it adjusted to your liking. Still love the pic of climbing a ledge with 4 tires spinning and the coal coming out of the back, those pics are priceless.
Looks like it has some serious torque
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #555
roes
1947 CJ2A 

Quote:
Don't know squat about how ORI's work, but the claim is that they do not unload, seems like they do also the back seems to flex earlier and more than the front, it's nice when the front and back flexes equally so the body stays relatively straight and the axles just articulate.
The nitrogen pressure in the bottom controls the struts "spring rate", that most likely needs increased in the rear. It takes 2-3 tries to get everything adjusted to your liking for each vehicle.
roes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
14b , 40's , 4bt , aluminum , boat side , cnc , cummins , custom , d60 , diesel , indyorv , ori struts , plasma , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.