Jeffery 2.0 - some assembly required - Page 23 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #331 of 1411 Old 12-21-2012, 10:40 AM
10-3-TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wonderful work. I really like the black engine. I would have liked to paint mine black but I stuck with Cummins beige so if and when oil leaks showed up I can find them easier.

Look forward to see videos of that monster running.

Great job

"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart"

"Look no further than yourself, for all of the good and all of the evil that exist in this world, resides in the heart of man and his propensity to use it".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 1411 Old 12-22-2012, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Painted the cagethis morning. It took 3 cans of primer and 8 cans of black for a single coat.

Jeffery 2.0 : Cummins 4bt, 40's, ORI's, D60, 14B, lots of AL
post #333 of 1411 Old 12-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
Painted the cagethis morning. It took 3 cans of primer and 8 cans of black for a single coat.
Time for a paint booth.

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #334 of 1411 Old 12-22-2012, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post

Time for a paint booth.
We have a 500 dollar gun. Just was to lazy to pull it out and clean it

post #335 of 1411 Old 12-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We have a 500 dollar gun. Just was to lazy to pull it out and clean it
I have to say, I was a bit surprised by the rattle can. I was sure you (or your dad) had a paint gun. But rattle can works too.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

post #336 of 1411 Old 12-23-2012, 01:51 PM
vvp
2007 JK Wrangler 

damn.... that is a work of art
post #337 of 1411 Old 12-23-2012, 02:11 PM
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

My excitement is peaking right now.
post #338 of 1411 Old 12-23-2012, 02:36 PM
JeepSpeed18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Absolutely Amazing! Your craftsmanship is incredible man. I can't wait to see it finished.

_=====ooooo
//__l_l_,\____\,_____
l_/-\_l__l_/-\_|lllllll|
_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

96 Jeep Cherokee 4" lift with 32" KM2's
94 Jeep Cherokee 3" lift with 29's!

JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket my life moto. :)

White Jeep Club Member #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
post #339 of 1411 Old 12-23-2012, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks everyone. I my self am excited. one years work of work is now finally coming together.

To day I finished up the rear electrical harness and the rock light harness.

Then it was time for the tub to go on.

After that I prepped and bed lined the inside. I have to touch up some spots but I will do that in the morning.

post #340 of 1411 Old 12-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It'll suck if this rides like crap. LOL.

post #341 of 1411 Old 12-23-2012, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
It'll suck if this rides like crap. LOL.
I dont give to s**** how it rides right now lol.
As long as I can go offroad and climb s*** I dont care how the ride quality is.

post #342 of 1411 Old 12-23-2012, 08:06 PM
cycleguy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich
Thanks everyone. I my self am excited. one years work of work is now finally coming together.

To day I finished up the rear electrical harness and the rock light harness.

Then it was time for the tub to go on.

After that I prepped and bed lined the inside. I have to touch up some spots but I will do that in the morning.
I'm putting a liner on my jeep. Is it cold where you're at? I'm a little concerned that mine won't cure right if it's too cold. I bought a 175,000 BTU propane heater/blower, but the concern with that is the heat coming out of it is very humid.

Coming from a guy who seems to know his s***, should I use the heater or spray the liner on without it at about 40-45 degrees?

'98 Wrangler Sahara - SOLD

'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3

'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI

'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system

'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future
post #343 of 1411 Old 12-23-2012, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy04 View Post

I'm putting a liner on my jeep. Is it cold where you're at? I'm a little concerned that mine won't cure right if it's too cold. I bought a 175,000 BTU propane heater/blower, but the concern with that is the heat coming out of it is very humid.

Coming from a guy who seems to know his s***, should I use the heater or spray the liner on without it at about 40-45 degrees?
To be honest. I'm not sure what the temp should be for the liner. I work in a heated 70 degree workshop. So I never bothered to look at them temp required. My guess would be that it would just take longer to cure.

post #344 of 1411 Old 12-23-2012, 10:04 PM
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
To be honest. I'm not sure what the temp should be for the liner. I work in a heated 70 degree workshop. So I never bothered to look at them temp required. My guess would be that it would just take longer to cure.
Correct, it will just take longer to cure. What liner did you use, I used herculiner in my yj and it looked a lot like yours. I loved it.
post #345 of 1411 Old 12-23-2012, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post

Correct, it will just take longer to cure. What liner did you use, I used herculiner in my yj and it looked a lot like yours. I loved it.
I used AL's Liner. With the rubber additive.

Tags
14b , 40's , 4bt , aluminum , boat side , cnc , cummins , custom , d60 , diesel , indyorv , ori struts , plasma , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.