JeepWJ26 Build--Johnny Cash Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > JeepWJ26 Build--Johnny Cash Build

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #16
TreyXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Any idea how many watts you are aiming to get out of your 12's? Or what subs your gonna get?

TreyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #17
JeepWJ26
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyXJ View Post
Any idea how many watts you are aiming to get out of your 12's? Or what subs your gonna get?
Im probably aiming for 400-500 watts. I am looking into kenwoods and bazooka's at the moment. I am big into music and I listen to more acoustic, indie, country, and a little rock and roll, so I am not worried about having the loudest subs in the world. Regardless of what you listen to though, subs make a large difference in sound quality. Im hoping that throwing the other speakers in there will give me a nice clear sound.

Any idea on where to mount the amp? I was thinking to the second box I am going to make on the front under the smaller speaker box. Not sure though.
Unread 06-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
TreyXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWJ26 View Post
Any idea on where to mount the amp? I was thinking to the second box I am going to make on the front under the smaller speaker box. Not sure though.
You could mount your amp under your passenger seat, that way you wouldn't have to use as much or as thick a wire, and have lower impedance, although that wouldn't make much difference in a 500 watt system. If you get a amp small enough you could mount it under the back seat, or mount it on the back of the seat. And mounting your amp to your box would work, thats what I did with my subs, but you have to be careful about concealing it, an amp + sub + box is a thieves combo. I just put a blanket over my equipment before I leave my XJ unattended for long periods of time, and I also have dark window tint.
TreyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #19
JeepWJ26
2002 WJ 

^ Thanks man. Yeah Ive got tinted windows and Ill be bolting it down. Ill also be covering it in areas where I think it may have a chance of being taken. Ill prob be looking into mounting it to the box or under the back seats. Well see. Ill let you know.
Unread 07-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #20
jujunator
2001 WJ 

put a rockford P3 i there. i have one 12 and i run 600 to it. it slams!
jujunator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #21
JeepWJ26
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujunator View Post
put a rockford P3 i there. i have one 12 and i run 600 to it. it slams!
Its been a while since I posted in this. Since then, Ive got a system. I decided to go with two 12" powerbass subs and an 800 Watt Powerbass amp. The subs sound awesome. I am having issues with getting full power to the subs right at the moment. I think I am going to check the wires to the head unit to make sure the connection is good because the sub I have in now works great when its with another amp. But with the 800 watt amp its only hitting some notes, not full power. Its weird. Ill post pictures tomorrow of the set up tho, im pretty happy with it.
Unread 07-25-2011, 04:31 AM   #22
jujunator
2001 WJ 

so you have a digital amp? if so a lot of them will have a screen that tells you how much power is going in and out. you also might want to get a better alternator and battery. but that set up sounds pretty sweet.
jujunator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #23
puffisaurus
1993 YJ Wrangler 

nice speaker box
puffisaurus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #24
JeepWJ26
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujunator View Post
so you have a digital amp? if so a lot of them will have a screen that tells you how much power is going in and out. you also might want to get a better alternator and battery. but that set up sounds pretty sweet.
Its working now. But thanks. And I wont need an alternator or battery unless I go with a heavier setup. Ive got some speakers I can throw in, but Im not sure I will. The stock sound system on these Jeeps are really good. I think I am going to throw either a 2-way or 3-way on the shelf of the box in its own little box.
Unread 07-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #25
JeepWJ26
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffisaurus View Post
nice speaker box
Thanks man, heres a current picture. The amp is going to go in the spare tire carrier and I am going to hide the wires. Thats all going to happen after I throw the second box in on the other side. Then ill clean the jeep out and Ill be set. It was the first box I ever made, so the carpetting and what not is not the best, but it looks pretty good in person. I copied another members build, his name is Towerdude. Should check his out, his is pretty awesome.

Unread 07-26-2011, 01:03 AM   #26
4x2WJ
2002 WJ 

ok so i want to paint the grey bottom on my jeep WJ. what all did you do? does it chip any?
4x2WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #27
JeepWJ26
2002 WJ 

^ Prep: Cleaned the pieces, sanded them down with 800 grit sand paper, sprayed on degreaser (followed the instructions), wiped it down with a wet rag/cloth, and then wiped with a dry rag/cloth.

Paint: I laid down two coats of Krylon Fusion (satin black) and one coat of clear coat. I let it dry and lightly sanded that. Be sure not to go to hard, but make sure you scuff it enough for the bedliner to adhere. After the Krylon dried, I hit it with 3 to 4 coats of the rustoleum bedliner followed by 2 to 3 coats of clear coat.
Unread 08-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #28
JeepWJ26
2002 WJ 

Its been a while. Thought I would post some pictures of audio system. For now, it is going to stay as it is until I get more time to finish the 2-way speaker boxes. Also, the word "Jeep" cut into the spare tire carrier cover is not finished yet. I am still thinking of getting plastics peices to put around the edges of the letters to give it a cleaner look. After that, Ill be painting some mesh or putting diamond plate under the letters so it looks good.

Heres a picture of the system/spare tire cover

Box up close
Unread 08-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #29
JeepWJ26
2002 WJ 

I also wanted to update you guys on the lift. I just got the shocks in. Went with Rancho 5000 series to match up with the 2.5" Old Man Emu lift coil springs.

Unread 08-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #30
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWJ26 View Post
I decided to paint the cladding and grille black. I did it a little differently then most people, but the visible coat is Rustoleum bedliner.
Details?
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.