Springs are under it. They need to be adjusted from side to side a little. I realized I made my lower arms a tad too long so my springs are arched more than I wanted, but I will have to see how it performs, or maybe shorten them later.
Upper arms are tacked together (not going to make the mistake of the lowers again)
Frame supports to go over where I cut into the frame are together, I just need to grind them smooth.
Looks like my rear drive shaft will be between 26and 27"
I also ordered lower shock mounts today and they should be here tomorrow.
As it sits right now, It's pretty much 101" on the dot.
The shark fin will be removed, I needed somewhere to clamp the ground
Hanging by the springs
No jack stands
I've got 2 buddies coming over tonight. I hope they can knock out the motor mounts this evening. I have to remove my MML. I have 1/4" between my Air compressor filter and the hood and <1/2" of room between the top fittings and the hood.
I see what you mean about should have moved them further back. From the second picture it looks like they will miss the bumpstops when you compress it completely. Maybe it's just the angle though.
If you went any farther back you'd have to rebuild the whole rear frame section (I think). It might not be as bad as I am picturing though.
Maybe you could move it back and run shorter coils so you can drop the upper bucket down a hair on that section of frame?
... an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.
Last edited by LOCKED UP; 05-07-2010 at 08:03 AM..
Started building a tire carrier today. It's nothing fancy as it just slides into the receiver hitch. It does come out of the receiver goes up about 4" and then goes back 6" towards the body which allows for the tire to be closer to the body.
Tire carrier so far. I'm planning on probably putting reinforcement plates in to add some strength.
Testing for the shock mounts. I know the springs have one heck of a rake, I'm going to have to shorten the lower arms an inch or so to fix that which would probably put the wheel base at 99.5-100" with the front in it's current position. If I push the front out I should be able to get a little more stretch, but that would require a different steering setup.
Lower shock mounts. The replacement brake lines for both sides are sitting in the back seat of my suburban.