Jeepin72's Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeepin72's Build Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #76
hoovail
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Fun stuff! I didn't expect to see the order for the corners go in so soon...but that will be sick! I cant wait to check em' out!

Thanks for the detailed write-up!

BTW, I'm finishing my cage in the morning if your available

Real Jeeps are built, not "bolt-on"!
hoovail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #77
mcheezle
2005 WK 

nice!
mcheezle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #78
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovail View Post
Fun stuff! I didn't expect to see the order for the corners go in so soon...but that will be sick! I cant wait to check em' out!

I didn't either. I called TnT Customs to get an education on their corners and discovered that it may relate to the locations of the rear axle. They did not recommend their hyline stuff to me for my build plan. They said if you were not running a 42" tire it wasn't needed.

I went with their Oversize corner. They said some people have a 100" wheel base and run those, granted the front axle is pushed out a "few" inches. So I figured I would get them on the way and see if I get to stay at 98" or if I have to drop down to 97" or something and look at pushing out the front axle an 1" or so like we talked about.

We will see.
Unread 03-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #79
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterday I worked on some clean up items. I fixed up some electrical issues, brake lines, etc... I think I have my rear AntiRock dialed in. It is pretty tight back there, but I put the arms above the tire. The upper heim is on the outside and the lower heim is on the inside.

As the tire drops, so will the arm at the same rate right? It shouldn't touch?

We will see.
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #80
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin72 View Post
Yesterday I worked on some clean up items. I fixed up some electrical issues, brake lines, etc... I think I have my rear AntiRock dialed in. It is pretty tight back there, but I put the arms above the tire. The upper heim is on the outside and the lower heim is on the inside.

As the tire drops, so will the arm at the same rate right? It shouldn't touch?

We will see.
Setup looks nice man. Just wondering why you didn't locate the lower heim bracket in front of the axle instead of behind?
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #81
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The AntiRock started as a TJ bolt on kit. The bolt on brackets for the torsion bar mounted on the frame near the rear crossmember with the torsion bar passing between the tub and frame over the gas tank. The arms faced the front of the Jeep.

I couldn't keep it in the same spot. The fuel filler tube and breather tube on the GenRight tank were in the way of where the of the torsion bar needed to be. I recently read an article in JP Magazine where they used both the GenRight tank and the TJ bolt on kit (in its intended location) and made it work. Of course there was no picture though.

Back when I originally installed it I did the frame side and had a local 4x4 shop weld on the bracket. That is where they located it.

As I figure out what to do about axle assembly's down the road I will keep in mind moving that bracket to the front of the axle.
Unread 03-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #82
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice, def. watching this for reference on my own.
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #83
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
Nice, def. watching this for reference on my own.
Thanks. I can't say I know what I am doing, but I the rig seems to be taking shape.
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #84
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks. I can't say I know what I am doing, but I the rig seems to be taking shape.
Preaching to the choir brother.
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #85
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
Preaching to the choir brother.
Well you both are doing a good job acting like you know what you are doing if that is true.
Unread 03-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #86
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
Well you both are doing a good job acting like you know what you are doing if that is true.
hahahaha

I ordered my new Tom Woods drive shaft today. The rig will be rolling with both shaft again. I now have a rear driveline length of 24 1/2 inches.

The new Billstein 5125's for the rear should be here any day.

Just as a note to others that may look into the Clayon kit - the shocks mounted in the OEM location still sorta work. If you notch the lower coil bucket there is a chance you wouldn't need to outboard them - if you were so inclined.

On Monday Hoovail and I are taking a roadtrip to TnT Customs to get my new rear corners and rocker guards.
Unread 03-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #87
hoovail
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
On Monday Hoovail and I are taking a roadtrip to TnT Customs to get my new rear corners and rocker guards.
ROADTRIP!

Wow! Rocker guards too?

Real Jeeps are built, not "bolt-on"!
hoovail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #88
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, gotta complete the look, armor, etc... Those Olympic sliders did their job. But they didn't perform what I wanted. They should fit cleanly with the Tnt fenders several months from now....
Unread 03-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #89
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

To any one who comes along and reads this thread - Don't buy cheap and short because you will only end up replacing the parts...
Unread 03-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #90
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
To any one who comes along and reads this thread - Don't buy cheap and short because you will only end up replacing the parts...
Agreed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.