A while back I had a Dana 30 Alloy USA tube seal break loose. It would turn in the tube around the shaft. Alloy USA would not warranty it and called "installer failure."
I ended up having to pull the shaft because I could not get it to press back in tightly. I discovered that part of the rubber seal had worn. I had to use some RTV adhesive and pressed it back in. Let it dry for about 12 hours. I have had no issues.
That's funny I just went through a similar process. Only I didn't have fan speed #3. Turns out it was the switch. I managed to rebuild it. Works good now! I bought relays, and have to install them so it doesn't melt again.
So I finally have my Clayton 5" stretch in my hands. I took them three weeks to build it. Maybe a sign of the times
Anyway, I have been taking care of some of the small stuff getting ready to do the stretch.
This week was taking care of the EVAP system. On 2005 TJ's it was smartly placed in the passenger side rear wheel well. Needless to say it can't be here with the stretch. I am not doing a fuel cell or in the tub relocation. My family rides with with me, so cutting the system down and keeping underneath is a must.
I did some research and found some useful threads.
After hacking down the system I knew I could get it smaller. I recently scored a SMAW welder, but I haven't been able to practice yet. Fabrication was limited.
I bought this bracket. It was in the duct isle of my local hardware store. Meant for a 6" post.
I bent the top up to clear the EVAP system.
Drilled holes to hold the EVAP and mounted it. After mocking it up it worked. I was able to cut out more sheet metal and pushing this thing up against the rear of the tub near where the tail light wires and the third brake light pins are.
Hit it with rattle can black.
The new EVAP unit (minus charcoal canister and new bracket and reduced plumbing).
Covered it with some rubber mat so it's not taking any direct hits.