JeepDVL45's 'Bruiser' Build -- A Daily Driver's slow build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > JeepDVL45's 'Bruiser' Build -- A Daily Driver's slow build

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #31
JeepDVL45

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got a couple of halfway decent days. Stripped EVERYTHING out of my jeep and prepped the tub for bed liner. The Monstaliner should go in tomorrow (My parents are in Italy for vacation for a weeks so I have my Mom's Grand Cherokee for a few days)
I also repainted my rockers, corners, and bumper with Hammered Black (looks MUCH better). I also prepped and painted my Rock Hard Sport cage, and ordered my angle bars and spreader bar. They should be here Monday. I'm hoping to get it all prepped painted and installed by Tuesday night. I'll post updated pics of my jeep when everything is done.

"Real men hide their feelings, WHY?!
BECAUSE IT’S NONE OF YOUR ****** BUSINESS!!!!
Men do not cry. Men do not pout. Men jack you in the ******* jaw and say…thanks for comin’ out." - Boondock Saints II
JeepDVL45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #32
JeepDVL45

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hell YEA!!! FedEx just dropped off the rest of my cage!!!!!!! Time to go prep and paint so I can get the rest of it in.

I have the bed lined and the main cage in. I decided to go without the stock padding (so it is for sale, PM me if you're interested) I also have some soft top hardware that I removed that is up for sale as well (not officially....like I said, just PM me if you're interested) Just the plastic bow connectors. I'm keeping the door surrounds.

On a side note; installing the cage was a PITA. Not terrible, but the dash clips were tough to remove, and the dash bar took me 4 shots to get it in correctly. I did have to modify my door surrounds slightly (took about 1/2" off of them to get them to fit with the cage in place....not a huge deal, but too a little more time)

Can't wait to get the rest of the cage in and get it done!!!!!

I'll post pics when I get it done.

Men do not cry. Men do not pout. Men jack you in the ******* jaw and say…thanks for comin’ out." - Boondock Saints II
Unread 07-22-2011, 06:09 AM   #33
JeepDVL45

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered some KC Daylighter's (130W!!) to replace my walmart specials on my bumper. I'll probably keep the small "fog" lights still, they do throw out a good amount of light for $20

Unread 07-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #34
Globals
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Build is looking awesome. Any Pics of the cage installed?
Globals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #35
JeepDVL45

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globals View Post
Build is looking awesome. Any Pics of the cage installed?
Here you go. Not the greatest pics, but you get the idea.

Unread 08-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #36
JeepDVL45

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I my cowl intake installed yesterday.....
Not a terrible install. My only casualty was the oil dipstick. While I was drilling through the cowl, I leaned on it and snapped the end off.
Tips for installation...be sure to have a GOOD hole saw!!
The interior of the cab is quite a bit louder now, you can definitely hear the intake sucking air.....

Unread 08-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #37
JeepDVL45

2003 TJ Wrangler 

And....before I forget....the Monstalined tub....

Its a little dirty in this picture, from climbing in and out of my jeep while installing the roll cage.

Unread 08-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #38
JeepDVL45

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just got these in the mail last night.....4 130W KC Daylighters (2 driving lights and 2 long range lights) and a set of windshield mounts.

Going to install tonight. The long range lights will go on the windshield, the driving lights will go on the bumper. (I tore off the blue 'WalMart special" lights in preparation for these). I love KC and all, but the bright yellow covers will have to do. Rather then going out an paying $50 for a couple sets of stone guards, I'll try my hand at painting the covers.....not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'll figure it out

Unread 08-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #39
Rittsy
2000 TJ Wrangler 

cage looks good, keep up the good work!

2000 Jeep TJ Stock. except for the CB radio :)
Rittsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #40
JeepDVL45

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sneak Peak....

Now I just have to wire them up, aim them and paint the covers....

Unread 08-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #41
j0e
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice DD, similar to what I plan on doing.

Was there any lift at all prior to putting on the 31s?
j0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #42
JeepDVL45

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0e View Post
Nice DD, similar to what I plan on doing.

Was there any lift at all prior to putting on the 31s?
Nope. No lift before my 31's. I did rub just a bit on the back end if I hit a dip at high speeds with someone in the back seat. But nothing to be concerned about.

I threw the 2" lift in about a year after I got my first set of 31's. I wish I didn't have to get rid of my body lift, I think it would look better with the extra 1.25" and I would be able to squeeze 33s in there...then again, I still have the crappy 3.07 gears, so those would need to be swapped out before I could throw 33's under my jeep.

thanks and good luck with your build!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.