Jeep01AH's Black 4.7 Build Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeep01AH's Black 4.7 Build Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #46
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

I was finally able to install my JKS Quicker Disconnects today. It took me about 45 minutes working pretty slowly and fixing a bent axle mount. They work great and I love the new flex. Here are some pictures of some mall crawling to test it out!

Unread 04-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #47
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Decided to get an instagram to further feed my Jeep addiction. You can follow me @BlackWJJeeping. Also, I've been having some very bad clunking coming from the rear axle, so I crawled this afternoon and found a very loose a-arm spacer. Tightened that up and now all I have is the clunking in the front again! Not perfect, but an improvement. Ball joints will be installed this week and 33x12.5x15 Maxxis Bighorns and some steelies will be put on next week! Probably going to have to trim, but I don't mind. After that, its off to the cliffs one week from friday! Next week is gonna be incredible..
Unread 04-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #48
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Its been a very busy week with Leeroy. The week started with a few small things: and oil change and conversion to full-synthetic; bumpstop extentions; TheKSmith's sway bar holder. After all of that was taken care of, Chris helped my replace both bushings and ball joint in the a-arm. The ball joint really needed it! Then I trimmed a lot off the front fenders to open them up for the 33s. I took about 2.5" inches off all the way around.
Unread 04-20-2014, 08:18 PM   #49
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Friday I traveled to The Cliffs in Marseilles, IL with 4 other Jeeps to spend the day in some mud. Everyone claims its incredibly muddy, but it was not as muddy as I thought it would be.

Here are the drivers with their Jeeps:

I was borrowing some 31's because my 33s won't be here until Monday morning.

Unread 04-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #50
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

The new tires are finally on!
Unread 04-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #51
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

After almost a week with the new wheels and tires, I have absolutely no death wobble. I still have pretty bad bumpsteer, but with the wheels sticking out farther, its to be expected. I will be adjusting my caster when I get back home next weekend. This may even correct the wondering I've been having and the lack of return to center. I just need to get me one of those fancy digital angle finders now..

Some plans for the summer:
-Replace power steering pump and possibly steering box
-Replace motor mounts
-Remove all of the spray on bedliner from the fenders and cladding (Big mistake using it..)
-Replace A/C evaporator and heater core
-Buy and install IRO adjustable rear lower control arms
-Buy and install BTF differential covers
-Oh.. and maybe even wheel it a bit!

Its going to be a busy and expensive summer! Ready.. GO!
Unread 04-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #52
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

I'm entered in a Jeep show this weekend, so I thought I would make Leeroy look good. After washing, polishing, and waxing the hood, I decided that the paint is so bad that it just looks better dirty. Now I just have to find a place to go get muddy again! Pics of the event will be up this weekend!
Unread 05-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #53
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Well it looks like I will be adding some rock sliders earlier than I thought. Found a pretty good deal here on the forum and I really didn't want to pass it up. If this goes through, I'll be getting a pair of Rocky Road Super Sliders. They do have a little bit of surface rust, so I'll be cleaning them up and repainting them this summer. I also bought a set of sway bar spacers here on the forum, last night. Those will be added when I put the BTF dif covers on this summer. Leeroy will finally have enough armor to start hitting the rocks this summer!
Unread 05-06-2014, 10:36 AM   #54
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Last Saturday, I entered Leeroy in the Fox River Jeep Club's first annual Jeep Show. There were some great looking Jeeps other there so I took some pictures of a few of them.

I was also able to mount a fire extinguisher inside the driver's side door. I don't anticipate fighting any fires, but it is required for most club's.

Still trying to finalize the shipping of the sliders. No rush, but I am excited about them. I also have a buyer for all of my stock parts and the wheels/tires I took off. Its not a ton of money, but I also didn't expect any money at all for any of it!
Unread 05-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #55
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Bought a Rancho steering stabilizer mount today.. Looking to relocate my target of a steering stabilizer. I'm not sure what model its for, but I'm gonna make it work. Hopefully that will happen before my first trip with the Tri State Stump Jumpers on the 31st.

Also cleared up some bumpsteer today when I found a loose trackbar bolt. Must have come loose on our trip to the cliffs. Noises are gone now though!

As for the sliders, they are not happening anymore. The guy didn't want to ship them anymore. Oh well, that money will now be spent on the maintenance that needs to be done.
Unread 05-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #56
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

I finally had some time to put some work in on the Jeep today. Adjusted the upper control arms for the millionth time, but hopefully the driveline vides will be mellowed out a bit on the way home tomorrow. The steering stabilizer mount will be ready for install on Friday, so expect to see some before and after pictures. Also, I may have found another line on some sliders! If the other guy doesn't speak for them tomorrow, I pick them up Friday! My goal would be to sand, paint, and install them before the trail run on the 31st. Pictures within the next few days!
Unread 05-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #57
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Steering stabilizer relocated.. JCR Stage 2 sliders bought.. Pictures to come tonight!
Unread 05-25-2014, 09:48 PM   #58
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

I was able to do some more work on the sliders today. They're starting to look good! Here is how they looked before the restoration.

I will put up some more pictures of the cleaned up sliders tomorrow. This is the steering stabilizer that I relocated on Friday also.

Unread 05-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #59
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Sliders have been painted!

image-1796282674.jpg

Install was supposed to happen today, but absolutely no stores had 3/8" self tapping screws. I ordered them online tonight and they'll be here Wednesday.

Tomorrow should be a great first run of the summer with the stump jumpers! Leaving here around 615 in the morning to head out to Dubuque. I'll put some pictures up for the run tomorrow.
Unread 06-26-2014, 11:17 AM   #60
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Haven't updated in a while.. I've done two runs wit the Stump Jumpers and haven't had anything worse than a little body damage. The sliders are on! They really saved me on the second run. Here are some of the pictures from recently and a video.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.