Jeep01AH's Black 4.7 Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeep01AH's Black 4.7 Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
JeepaholicNinja
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice Jeep! Any tire plans yet?

...Wishing I wasn't stock
JeepaholicNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #17
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Thanks! Right now, I'm looking to buy some Crager soft 8s and probably some BFG A/Ts this spring or summer. Still trying to decide between 32s and 33s though. I'm not really excited by the idea of fender trimming just yet.
Unread 12-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #18
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

So after two separate occasions in the shop and the addition of new front calipers (old were leaking), new rear rotors, pads, and calipers, and a new master cylinder, I still have a very low brake pedal. I will be going back to the shop to ask them about their bleeding procedure to see if they went wrong anywhere. Hopefully I can solve this soon otherwise I'm not sure I would be comfortable with bringing it back to hilly Dubuque.

Also, the HD tie rod and drag link with HD ends should be here soon. I'm hoping that will fix my death wobble. I checked all of my bolts tonight and they were all perfectly tight. Too many problems right now and I need more money! Just Empty Every Pocket I guess..
Unread 12-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #19
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

FINALLY! The brakes are where I want them to be! I had a new hard line put on and the brakes are now rock hard. Also, I put some new oil in Leeroy and a new oil pressure sensor.

Here is a picture from yesterday...

image-2874864416.jpg
Unread 12-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #20
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Forgot to add that I bought a new pioneer head unit today. I'm heading over to best but tomorrow to buy a mounting kit and a wiring harness. I'm pretty exciting to get this in! Pictures to come as soon as I put it in!
Unread 12-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #21
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

I tackled the new head unit with little problems tonight. I'm not very good with electronics but I was able to make this work.

The deck I used is a pioneer DEH 150MP.

image-1414274299.jpg

This is the factory head unit after I popped all the tabs in the bezel.

image-3456214386.jpg

Then with the bezel off.

image-3140668651.jpg

From there it was really plug and play. I had one hold up because I didn't know I had to match two different wires because I have the infinity sound system. Other than that, I was able to figure it all out.

Here is the final product.

image-846363252.jpg
Unread 12-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #22
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

I keep forgetting to add that I replaced the hood supports yesterday as well. Took maybe 5 minutes for the whole process and it's great not having to support it with a baseball bat!
Unread 12-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #23
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

It got pretty cold here last night. When I went out to start the car to head over to the gym, the temp. was -2F. Driving out of my neighborhood, the brake pedal got really soft again. I pulled over, popped the hood, and found that I had no brake fluid left in the reservoir. I turned around and went home and on the way, I saw my brake fluid all over the street where I had hit the brakes. I had it towed back to the shop and they are looking at the hoses now. Hopefully just a quick change of some hoses and it'll be all good to go. Also, the HD tie rod and drag link should be delivered today. I don't my alignment place will be open tomorrow or New Year's so I guess that will have to wait for Thursday.
Unread 01-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #24
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

I got the Jeep back from the shop today! Brakes feel good. I had a lot of fun with the 8" of snow we've gotten here lately. At lunch I was finally able to take my first picture next to a stock WJ.

image-484254166.jpg
Unread 01-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #25
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

My Moog HD tie rod and drag link finally went on today! The steering feels much tighter now, but I feel like it's wondering a bit. It could be because of the snow covered roads we have, but I'll have to see how it does tomorrow. I'll be driving back to Dubuque tomorrow for school. Hopefully there will be less drama than last time.

In other news, Leeroy hit 185k today!

image-3327135201.jpg

He is still running strong as ever, but I'm a bit worried about these next few days. Monday has a high of -15F right now and I've seen windchill forecasts for as low as -52F. I just know he is gonna be yelling at me when I start him up..
Unread 01-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #26
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Back in Dubuque! Leeroy performed pretty well on the ride out here. He used A LOT of gas but I did do almost half of the drive of overdrive off because of the snow. At highway speeds, we had one smaller case of DW when I hit a good bump going about 65mph. I tried to keep it just under that for the rest of the way and had no more problems. There were even a few times that I made it up to almost 70mph without noticing and had no problems. I'm going to guess that the last bit of DW is cause by a bent rim I have and some unbalanced tires. I'll just have to deal with it for another 5-6 months until I buy new ones. Speaking of the future, here are some of the projects I'll be doing the first half of this year. First, new dash and climate control lighting. I think I'm going to try to match the red from the head unit. Those will be ordered as soon as I get my paycheck after this week. After I sell my Country Thunder tickets, I'll be looking at new rims.. probably crager soft 8's and some new rubber. I was thinking 33" BFG A/T. I still have to decide between 10.5" wide or 12.5" wide. I'll post on the picture request thread soon. Also on the list for the first half of the year are some discos, a hilift, and a roof rack. Its going to be a very exciting year for Leeroy!
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #27
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Not much to add for today. Leeroy sat all day until I needed to go get groceries. I tried to wait for the warmest part of the day, but it didn't help much. The engine turned over 3-4 times before actually starting up. He was very happy when he finally warmed up though. Remember, this was the WARMEST is got here today... Brutal.

image-3042585368.jpg
Unread 01-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #28
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

After doing a little research, I decided that its probably a pretty good idea to back flush my heater core. I have barely any heat and I really don't think its ever been done. That will be the done when I go back home around the end of the month. Also, as soon as I get paid, I'll be ordering dash LEDs in red. I'm trying to match the color of the head unit, so we'll see how well it will match. More work is coming soon! Just have to gather some funds to pay for it.
Unread 01-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #29
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

I ordered my LEDs for the dash today. It was $27 shipped for 7 red LEDs which will illuminate all of the background and the turn signals in the dash. I'll be putting those in in about two weeks when I get home from school again. Other than that, Leeroy is running great. In one week of driving, he only used 1/4 tank of gas which is great for my wallet! With some good money coming in, I plan on ordering the new wheels by April. Also added to the plan, I will be building a trunk organizer which will incorporate a place to hold a full size spare. Because of this added weight in the trunk, I will probably get some 1" pucks for the rear to counter the sagging.
Unread 01-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #30
Jeep01AH
2001 WJ 

Just a quick update! The LEDs shipped yesterday and will be waiting for me when I get home.

I also found this picture of what it should look like. This is skennedy843's dash that he posted today. Looks good so I'm very excited about this!

image-825743372.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.