Jeep YJ Reconstruction - Help me choose a color! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-31-2016, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
seanks1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep YJ Reconstruction - Help me choose a color!

So I'm over half way through my jeep yj reconstruction. Time to start shopping for color choices. I've always been a huge fan of Saharas and I plan on stealing the Sahara stylings for mine. I'm going with a spice interior (love it or hate it - I love it).

I played around with photoshop. Should I go with the classic/factory Sahara Green? Or should I try to mix it up with a blue (actually this photoshop blue is "Anvil" from the new Jeeps). See the pictures and let me know!

**Credit to the owner of the Sahara I found on Google and used for my modeling & photoshop - exactly the look I am going for.
color-option-anvil.jpg

color-option-green.jpg

Last edited by seanks1; 10-31-2016 at 02:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-01-2016, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
seanks1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Voting between my family and friends is almost 50/50...I need the help of strangers lol
post #3 of 3 Old 11-01-2016, 06:43 AM
RedJeepster1
Low and Slow

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Someone on the YJ Non-Tech (I think) posted a picture of a YJ in the anvil color the other day and I thought it looked great! I think that was the general consensus. I did a burnt orange when I rebuilt mine and I honestly see them all over the place in that color now. The anvil color seems like it hasn't caught on yet but it looked great when I saw it. I'll see if I can dig up the picture.

EDIT: As it turns out it wasn't the exact anvil color that we were talking about, but it was a shade of gray that looked pretty decent. It was on Morris 4x4's website. Here is a snap shot of it.

Also, here is another slightly darker gray that one of the other forum members has. @zte87
Attached Images

88 YJ with a 4.6l stroker, AX-15, NP231, 2.5" lift, 4.10's and 33's
2000 XJ w/ 350k+, AW4, NP231, Locked Rear, HD Crown Leafs, trimmed to fit 33's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.