Jeep YJ 4BT Cummins build!! - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeep YJ 4BT Cummins build!!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 10-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #211
lobi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

small world hello from Nicholasville im always looking for someone to go wheeling with holler if you ever want some one else to go with

lobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #212
ThomasYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

This is so awesome!! Just sat here and read through all of it. Good job on doing a lot of the fab work yourself! Subscribed.
Funny thing is that I've watched your videos so many times looking for Cummins Jeeps on YouTube, before I even found this thread. As soon as I started reading I thought to myself, "I know this Jeep...."

I'm saving up for the swap right now, have my Jeep in storage. With the cost of everything I want to do I'm probably going to have to budget between 15-20 until all is said and done.

On a side note, I'm glad the 3:55 and 35s work out so well. I was leaning between those or 3.73.

I'll be keeping my eye out for more! opcorn:
ThomasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #213
ThomasYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quick question:
What'd you do about the fuel filler, seeing as diesel nozzles are bigger. Just drill it out, or what?
ThomasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #214
Jeep-1995
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Cummins YJ

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!! this is by far the SEXIEST YJ i have ever seen!!!
Dad and I are talking about doing this too. i want to do it basically the exact same but with a hood stack! what millage are you getting and what gearing are you going with?
We had the same idea about pulling a Cummins from a bread truck but we wernt sure about a transmission. i didnt know the 6BT 12 Valve tannies lined up so that helps a lot!! thanks for the great write up and hopefully next summer we will be able to tackle the project!
That is inspiring to see a teenager doing all this, i am 19 and in college and this is my dream build but i always thought older mechanics who owned a shop, were the only ones who got to successfully do this!!

great job once again!!!

Tags
4bt , cummins , jeep , nv4500 , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.