Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jeep YJ 4BT Cummins build!!

106K views 218 replies 62 participants last post by  theend2008 
#1 ·
hey guys thought i'd jump on jeepfourm and show y'all my yj build.im new to this site so bare with me.ive got a 1988 jeep yj it was 100% stock when i bought it at age 16.ive been slowly buying things for it,my plans are to drop a cummins 3.9l 4bt into it.so ill post some pictures of my build and how im going to do it.feel free to comment and give suggestions along the way :cheers2:

#8 ·
I don't have picture of my axles yet but,I've got Dana 44 front and rear out of a 88 waggy from ebay for 300.the rear has limited slip diff I'm going to be putting either 4.88 gears or 4.56.the front I'm thinking of a lunch box locker.I'm going to be springing over the axles myself.

#24 ·
Made some spring perches for the rear Dana 44,my tape measure looked like 3" and every one online said that the diameter was 3".after finishing one I realized it was to big!!! So I got the verniers out and its not 3" its 2 3/4".oh well my fault for not double checking.I just went ahead and ordered some from ebay should be in next week.

Hand tool Tool Bicycle part Wrench Calipers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.