Jeep Wrangler R/T - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeep Wrangler R/T

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 05-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #16
DINOCAVE
formerly CPT Jeep

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Upgrade to a real roll cage and then swap in a "real" engine and I'd say it's a win.

But... Oh man are you going to stir up a hornet's nest on this forum.

DINOCAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #17
lukem80
2002 TJ Wrangler 

people have been putting car bodies on jeep frames for decades

why can't this guy put a jeep body on his corvette frame!

badass
lukem80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #18
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I think it's awesome. It's nothing that I would personally do, but I completely respect the time, imagination, and effort that was put into it.

I also have to say that it should get some V8 power, but I am curious as to what the "modified 4cyl" has done to it.

I have nothing to do with something like that, but it's pretty sweet, and sounds like he at least used quality parts and a good design to pull it all off.

We all have our opinions and he wouldn't have posted it if he didn't expect the cheers and the boos.
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #19
mncdriver
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, as builds go that is sweet! Im thinking with a Corvette drivetrain it would be over the top. I am glad you are not afraid to show off your hard work. Good Luck!
mncdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #20
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Looks good to me! It's unique, which gets you way more points in my book than any of these nay-sayers that have a 4" lift and 33's just like everybody else.

One of my favorite things is a sleeper, take something that isnt supposed to be quick or handle well, and make it do so.

I'd venture to guess that its pretty decent even with the 2.5l in there. Mine was plenty peppy with 4.10s even on 32's. I'd imagine you can push it alot harder when it handles like that.

Dont listen to those fools, keep rockin the jeep! Heaven forbid someone doesnt go wheelin...They probably dont even know that jeep has made 2wd vehicles since day 1 more or less.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #21
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

There are lots of powerful 4cyl cars out there, why not a powerful 4cyl jeep! Very cool, forget the naysayers. Av8 would be dirty though.
Utah Jeep Crew Member #119
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
mg2000xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #22
aosborn

I gotta be honest with you guys. When I posted this thing I figured there would be a firestorm of hate-mail. I had just about given up on ya'll. When the rest of the Jeep world sees it on the streets, about a third don't know what to make of it, a third laugh, and the other third think it is bad-a$$. This car gets more notice than any other custom, muscle or sports car I have ever built, and that includes some very high end cars. But the bottom line is, it is a blast to drive! I know the 2.5 is suposed to be a turd, but it isn't power that makes a car fast, it is the power-to-weight ratio. While I will be the first to admit it isn't a rocket ship as it sits, but keep in mind it now only weighs 2500 lbs, is geared properly and with the suspension and tires it can actually use every bit of power available. It shredded the first set of rear tires in about 3000 miles, if that is any indication of how you can push this thing. I ran it at the local road course on a lapping day a few months ago, and it was right in there with M3 BMW's, pumped up Honda 2000's, Miata's and Mustangs. Not bad for an AMC designed 4 banger in a Jeep.

Andy

BTW, a while ago I had one good old boy in a jacked up Ford p/u call it retarted to my face, and the look on his face just made my day. He just didn't get it... Your comments don't hurt my feelings, being different and having fun is what it is all about.
aosborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #23
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not personally my cup of tea, but I respect what you have done. It looks like it does what you want it to, and that's what counts! You really should upgrade the factory roll bars, though. And another thing... don't listen about the V8. Unless you can find an all aluminum V8, it will **** over the handling that you have achieved. I'd look into a small forced induction type setup... Think the blown 3.8 V6 from a GNX or something. My . I also want to see some video of it on the track.
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #24
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I think it's cool.. I would like some more pictures of the suspension and stuff
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #25
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail78385 View Post
Imped -Do you ever have anything good to say?
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by seankeenan View Post
he does seem to be rather mean. he called me out on my first ever post
Shall I apologize for hurting your feelings?
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #26
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'd love to see some videos of it in action.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #27
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

way to think outside the box.. I really like it!!

I would put Rubi flares on it and a Euro front bumper ends.. they actually extend from the bumper to the fender.

change the wheels if you can.. and get a new motor in it if you can.. I know it's not hurting for one because of how much it weighs.

there's a maroon TJ that has a cage a corvette motor and lowered just like yours. although it doesn't have the suspension you have.

one sick toy

LJ Build thread - Spider

TJ Build thread - Chinook

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Brute Build thread (soon)
Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Lo2aY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 11:08 PM   #28
aosborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo2aY View Post
way to think outside the box.. I really like it!!

I would put Rubi flares on it and a Euro front bumper ends.. they actually extend from the bumper to the fender.

change the wheels if you can.. and get a new motor in it if you can.. I know it's not hurting for one because of how much it weighs.

there's a maroon TJ that has a cage a corvette motor and lowered just like yours. although it doesn't have the suspension you have.

one sick toy
Tell me more about the Euro bumper ends. On my list of things to do is to fab up a filler for that area to keep air out of the fenders, and to install a front air dam to keep air out from under the car. Do you know where to get the parts you mentioned?

Thanks,
Andy

BTW I am working on a video of the car...
aosborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #29
Fitzy194

This is probably one of the coolest jeeps I've ever seen to be quite honest! Can't wait to see more pictures and videos!
Fitzy194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 11:57 PM   #30
03Jeeper

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Something different, and something that many of us wouldn't do or even think about doing, that's why I like it so much. Good job bud.
Sienna Pearl Coat Club Member #24
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My totaled TJ rebuild
03Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.