A Jeep is Never Finished - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Jeep is Never Finished

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 01-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #61
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Looking good! Let's see some wheel'n pics!
Wheel'n??? Sore subject. I've not had the pleasure yet I doubt my rig is even ready for that yet. I'd break an axle I'm sure lol. I'd also have no clue what I was doing and my luck I'd hold a line of people up on a trail. I'll find someone one day that will dare that trek with me and teach me the ways.

MySundayShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #62
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySundayShirt View Post
Wheel'n??? Sore subject. I've not had the pleasure yet I doubt my rig is even ready for that yet. I'd break an axle I'm sure lol. I'd also have no clue what I was doing and my luck I'd hold a line of people up on a trail. I'll find someone one day that will dare that trek with me and teach me the ways.
Nonsense, your Jeep would handle wheeling just fine. All you need to do is find a local group that likes taking newbies out. I've shown plenty of newbs (male and female) around, it's fun watching them learn their Jeeps, and seeing their faces when they climb something they never thought they'd be able to do.

Find a group, and wheel it.

Tow hooks, snatch 'em straps, a CB, and a few tools are all most groups really want you to have. Personally I just require hooks the first time out....and tires with decent tread of course.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #63
JuniorsCJ7
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
I am sure you and your Jeep would do fine. Get together with a group of other Jeeps, and have fun! You don't have to hit the extreme trails to have a good time.
JuniorsCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #64
MrSundays
Raptor Jesus

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySundayShirt
Here's the link to the Jeep Club. They are very active. If you're nervous about wheeling a good place to start would be at the Starr Motors event. Very light wheeling. Small and large rock gardens with other obstacles that my stock TJ can do.

As far as BedTred goes, it's hit or miss apparently. Some people say it doesn't fit great, some say they dont have any issues. It's essentially a carpet replacement but it's waterproof and won't stain and when you go out wheeling you can just take it out and hose it off. It's definitely not going to protect against rust but it won't matter if the jeep isn't under coated because that's where a majority of salt festers.
Unread 01-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #65
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

1998 TJ Wrangler 

As far as BedTred goes, it's hit or miss apparently. Some people say it doesn't fit great, some say they dont have any issues. It's essentially a carpet replacement but it's waterproof and won't stain and when you go out wheeling you can just take it out and hose it off. It's definitely not going to protect against rust but it won't matter if the jeep isn't under coated because that's where a majority of salt festers.[/QUOTE]

Since I recently found rust on my floor board I definitely want something more permanent to cover it and that is a rust prohibitor.
Unread 01-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #66
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I will definitely look into the local groups around me now. I just figured I was spending all this time and money to get it ready and that it would be awhile before I could attempt it. That is good to know and encouraging.
Unread 01-25-2014, 09:39 PM   #67
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I will definitely look into the local groups around me now. I just figured I was spending all this time and money to get it ready and that it would be awhile before I could attempt it. That is good to know and encouraging.
That's the wrong way to think in my option. Use your Jeep and learn from those trips what you what to change about it for your area. Way to many people get wrap up in throwing money at a project and get burned out then sale it for a lose. Go out with the local clubs there is a lot to be learned from people in your area. Every place is different and a different setup jeep works better in one place but not the other. Plus a local club is a great place to find good deals on used parts.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 05:51 AM   #68
MrSundays
Raptor Jesus

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry just realized I didn't provide the link haha. Here ya go... http://www.meetup.com/Hampton-Roads-Jeep-Club/
There's also Middle Peninsula Jeep Assn but they meetup in Newport News. They meetup at the DD on Jefferson Ave every Saturday morning at 10. Get out there and meet some fellow enthusiast, lots of good advice and a lot of people with useful trades. There's a guy in the HRJC that offers regearing for next to nothing.

Sent from my pocket brick
Unread 01-28-2014, 06:07 AM   #69
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Any suggestions on a rear bumper? I have heard the one that matches my front bumper (Smittybilt SRC) is a little heavier than some like. I mainly want it black powder coated, with d-ring mounts, hitch, and not bulky.
Unread 01-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #70
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

There's the genright one if you want something that isn't over the top. Add some frame tie-ins and it'll be a good setup.

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....0#.Uue9nKY8LCQ

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #71
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Also, I'm about to order some neoprene seat covers. With or without the Jeep logo on the headrest? What do you think?
Unread 01-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #72
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Any suggestions on a rear bumper? I have heard the one that matches my front bumper (Smittybilt SRC) is a little heavier than some like. I mainly want it black powder coated, with d-ring mounts, hitch, and not bulky.
I have the LoD Extreme Duty rear bumper, it has frame tie ins as well....under $200.

A buddy is going to customize it, adding a swing out tire carrier.

I had neoprene covers in my YJ....which was better than the vinyl for sure. Color/logo's is a personal choice, get what you like.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 01-28-2014, 08:41 AM   #73
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

1998 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Jeffro06;19828073]I have the LoD Extreme Duty rear bumper, it has frame tie ins as well....under $200.

I like that a lot! It looks like it would match mine well too. Was it a pain to install? Did you have to drop the the gas tank?

The seat covers I keep going back and forth if I want that stupid Jeep logo or not! lol I know which brand and color scheme I want just not sure about that one little misc. stitching that is holding me up from clicking submit.
Unread 01-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #74
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dropping the gas tank would make it easier. Here's how it went for me, but as they say, "all Jeeps are different". I had a guy weld mine up, mainly because my YJ's was welded on, and I like the extra strength that provides. I can always cut it off if I ever decide to take it off.....which probably will never happen.

Unread 01-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #75
MrSundays
Raptor Jesus

2000 TJ Wrangler 

x2 on the LoD Bumper. All their products are great. My buddy runs front and rear bumpers and they are quality products.

Anything cosmetic is up to what you want such as the seat covers. Do what you think looks good!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.