A Jeep is Never Finished - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Jeep is Never Finished

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-20-2014, 05:44 AM   #46
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
That looks nice, did you paint the holes you drilled? I used rustoleum to seal the newly drilled holes so they wouldn't rust. Maybe I should have mentioned that sooner?
Alright mentor…FAIL! I did not spray the holes I drilled. I did however spray rustoleum on the spot where it was present under the small side fender flare. Also, did your rocker guards require you to drill 44 holes? Lol 11 of the rivets do go in from the bottom so unless I feel like drilling them all out, I’m not taking these off…ever.

MySundayShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 05:46 AM   #47
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

1998 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=AmnSyd;19571961]Looks great! I was thinking about getting that style but I may go with the reverse ones. Btw, you know about the HRJC right?

Thanks! No, haven't heard of them. Do they have a group setup on here or is it just a local thing? Website?
Unread 01-20-2014, 06:09 AM   #48
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySundayShirt View Post

Alright mentor…FAIL! I did not spray the holes I drilled. I did however spray rustoleum on the spot where it was present under the small side fender flare. Also, did your rocker guards require you to drill 44 holes? Lol 11 of the rivets do go in from the bottom so unless I feel like drilling them all out, I’m not taking these off…ever.
Sorry. I guess they are on for good now. My rivets only hold the braces, but there was a lot of drilling, which is always fun to do. Corner guards require more fun drilling.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #49
MrSundays
Raptor Jesus

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Look up Hampton Roads Jeep Club. They are on Meetup and are based in the VA beach area. Lots of trips and they have like 4 or 5 events a year at Starr motors in Chesapeake.

Sent from my pocket brick
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #50
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

1998 TJ Wrangler 

1. I pulled back my carpet to vacuum it really good from all the metal shavings...to find rust on my floor boards. Does this mean it is to late for me to pull everything out and rhino line (whatever it's called) the tub?

2. On a side note, under my drivers side carpet there was water puddled and sitting in the plug??? My passenger side floor plug is just plain missing and I can tell water has sat under there before but not at the moment. Why would I have water where there actually is a plug in place but not on the other side?
Unread 01-20-2014, 05:56 PM   #51
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Its possible the Jeep had sat out in the rain, the plugs were pulled to drain the water, and one was lost. If they didn't pull the carpet to let it dry it trapped moisture underneath it.

Its never too late to rhino line.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 01-24-2014, 05:57 AM   #52
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I threw this clip together last night but just another simple project. Painting your hardtop.

Unread 01-24-2014, 08:28 AM   #53
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Next up, window tint?

Unread 01-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #54
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Next up, window tint?
When I bought it I actually ripped out the tint that was on it. I think it was the quick tint home kit...looked horrible and an ugly purpleish hue. I hadn't thought about it actually. Is the view too clear and open for you? My next project (after I finally finished my rocker guards when this snow melts) will be rhino lining my tub. I've been doing a lot of research on that now. I'm actually looking forward to it and curious how it's going to come out.
Unread 01-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #55
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's also on my to-do list. Just waiting for enough free time.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #56
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The hard top looks better with the windows tinted, IMO......so long as it's not purple.

Unread 01-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #57
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Video skills are legit……. nice work!
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #58
MrSundays
Raptor Jesus

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySundayShirt View Post
When I bought it I actually ripped out the tint that was on it. I think it was the quick tint home kit...looked horrible and an ugly purpleish hue. I hadn't thought about it actually. Is the view too clear and open for you? My next project (after I finally finished my rocker guards when this snow melts) will be rhino lining my tub. I've been doing a lot of research on that now. I'm actually looking forward to it and curious how it's going to come out.
I was contemplating the rhinoline but Im going with BedTred. I need the insulation and noise dampening. Good luck, are you going to spray or roll it on?
Unread 01-24-2014, 11:32 AM   #59
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looking good! Let's see some wheel'n pics!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #60
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmnSyd View Post
I was contemplating the rhinoline but Im going with BedTred. I need the insulation and noise dampening. Good luck, are you going to spray or roll it on?
I may end up doing both, spraying in the hard areas a roller can't touch and rolling the main larger areas. Not sure. I guess it will also depend on which brand I go with on how thick it is or how it should be applied. I've not heard of BedTred. I'll need to check it out. Do you know of others who have used it and swear by it?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.