A Jeep is Never Finished - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Jeep is Never Finished

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #16
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Your enthusiasm is awesome, keep up the good work.

Unread 01-06-2014, 12:22 PM   #17
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Your enthusiasm is awesome, keep up the good work.
Thanks! Speaking of enthusiasim...my top pick for rocker guards have been the ARB rock sliders. Super over kill (1.25" thick), very expensive ($470-&500), but sexy looking. I was on Craigslist last night doing my normal daily auto parts browsing and someone listed a brand new set of them! Needless to say, I negotiated and got them for $325.00!!!!! I could not be more excited. The hardware is pretty complicated and there are 3 tools you don't have in a normal shop that I will need to acquirer or rent, but I'm excited about that next project and will definitely post the video as well.
MySundayShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #18
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySundayShirt View Post
Thanks! Speaking of enthusiasim...my top pick for rocker guards have been the ARB rock sliders. Super over kill (1.25" thick), very expensive ($470-&500), but sexy looking. I was on Craigslist last night doing my normal daily auto parts browsing and someone listed a brand new set of them! Needless to say, I negotiated and got them for $325.00!!!!! I could not be more excited. The hardware is pretty complicated and there are 3 tools you don't have in a normal shop that I will need to acquirer or rent, but I'm excited about that next project and will definitely post the video as well.
Good for you. Tools are always a better investment than paying someone to do it.

When are the sliders supposed to arrive?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #19
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Good for you. Tools are always a better investment than paying someone to do it.

When are the sliders supposed to arrive?
They were a local Craigslist post so I actually picked them up last night. They are in my garage! I'm itching to get it started but don't want to rush it either. I like to research and prepare as much as possible because I don't think there is any 2nd tries on these. I'm not quite sure why there are rivets in the hardware? We shall see. *Hopefully I don't crack my head open like others out there
Unread 01-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #20
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
They were a local Craigslist post so I actually picked them up last night. They are in my garage! I'm itching to get it started but don't want to rush it either. I like to research and prepare as much as possible because I don't think there is any 2nd tries on these. I'm not quite sure why there are rivets in the hardware? We shall see. *Hopefully I don't crack my head open like others out there
Good find then, nothing like immediate delivery, so to speak.

Research is good, Youtube is your friend as well. A good brand new drill bit is good to have too. Measure twice, drill once (per hole).

Cracking your head only hurts once.....unless you do it twice.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 01-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #21
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm not quite sure why there are rivets in the hardware? We shall see.
It appears the rivets are for the inner braces, did you get those too?

Did you get the instructions? If not I found this PDF (not sure if those are the same one's you got though)

Unread 01-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #22
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
It appears the rivets are for the inner braces, did you get those too?

Did you get the instructions? If not I found this PDF (not sure if those are the same one's you got though)
Ahhh. Yes, those are them. It came with a rough paper copy of that PDF so thanks so much for finding it! You are awesome. There is also 2 separate smaller metal pieces (that might be the inner supports), but there is also 2 longer plastic pieces that aren't mentioned in the instructions, unless I have overlooked it. Can't figure them out.
Unread 01-06-2014, 05:47 PM   #23
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ahhh. Yes, those are them. It came with a rough paper copy of that PDF so thanks so much for finding it! You are awesome. There is also 2 separate smaller metal pieces (that might be the inner supports), but there is also 2 longer plastic pieces that aren't mentioned in the instructions, unless I have overlooked it. Can't figure them out.
I was curious about the ARB sliders and when I looked them up, bingo instructions!

Having the inner braces is great, sliders without them are a no-no.

My sliders have a rubber gasket between them and the tub, which is nice, keeps the tub from getting scratched to hell.

Unread 01-14-2014, 06:13 AM   #24
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

2012 JK Wrangler 

So irritated! Since my rocker guards were an unexpected unscheduled purchase for my “toy” (as my groom would call it) he feels as if I need some reason to have them. With it being the first of the year I of course set exercise and weight loss goals for myself. He is now trying to use my excitement of wanting to put these as motivation for me to meet a weight loss mile stone. @#$%&! We shall see who wins this war.

Now that I vented…I read through the installation steps and it seems time consuming but not bad. The diagrams make is seem as if the front seats need to be removed but doesn’t mention it? Is there enough room to put the interior brackets without having to remove the seats? Also curious as to why I have to remove the back 2 fender flare bolts if it’s supposed to fit between them. If it would ever stop raining and my other half would take a weekend trip somewhere I could attempt to start on this!
Unread 01-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #25
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't have to remove the seats when I did my Rokmens, the room was snug when doing the internal bracing but manageable. I'm willing to bet yours are the same.

If you haven't ventured over to, or even seen it, we have a Fitness and Nutrition area too. I use it for self motivation.

Unread 01-15-2014, 05:02 PM   #26
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

2012 JK Wrangler 

If you haven't ventured over to, or even seen it, we have a Fitness and Nutrition area too. I use it for self motivation.[/QUOTE]

Not you too! I kid...but no I didn't know there was a fitness section to this forum. That is pretty awesome. I'll have before and after pics of my Jeep before I would of myself. Maybe that'll count. lol.
Unread 01-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #27
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not you too! I kid...but no I didn't know there was a fitness section to this forum. That is pretty awesome. I'll have before and after pics of my Jeep before I would of myself. Maybe that'll count. lol.
Yep me too, but I'm not a gym rat. LOL. Before and after pics of ourselves are not as easy to come by as before and after pics of our Jeeps, nor are they required, thankfully. LOL.

Unread 01-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #28
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06

Yep me too, but I'm not a gym rat. LOL. Before and after pics of ourselves are not as easy to come by as before and after pics of our Jeeps, nor are they required, thankfully. LOL.
I feel like every time I take an after picture I look the same

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #29
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
I feel like every time I take an after picture I look the same
bwahaaaa! Totally agree.
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #30
MySundayShirt
A Jeep is Never Finished

2012 JK Wrangler 

Realizing I worked over 50 hours last week and again this week, I convinced him that I have more than paid for those rocker guards. Needless to say...I will hopefully be putting them on this weekend. I w.i.n.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.