A Jeep is Never Finished - Page 13 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 186 Old 05-06-2014, 07:13 AM
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

1987 MJ Comanche 

Why not just go try to get the inspection with out buying 2 grand in tires unless you were going to do it already? What is the worst thing that could happen?

16 Taco
87 MJ Chief in pieces
Bought/Wheeled/Sold: 85 CJ, 79 FSJ, 05 LJ, 06 WK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 186 Old 05-06-2014, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
MySundayShirt
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob View Post
What he said^
Also if you are looking for a mud terrain, I can highly reccomend goodyear wrangler mt/r with kevlar. I just got them in 35's 2 months ago and they are great!
Those have actually been my #1 pick so far. Where did get yours from? I have priced a few places and so far its tire rack but that's because I'm also having a new set of wheels mounted on them too as a package deal, ready to mount.
post #183 of 186 Old 05-06-2014, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
MySundayShirt
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Why not just go try to get the inspection with out buying 2 grand in tires unless you were going to do it already? What is the worst thing that could happen?
Yes, getting a new set have been in the works, finally doing it. It's a hybrid birthday gift from my groom too
post #184 of 186 Old 05-06-2014, 11:52 AM
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySundayShirt View Post
Those have actually been my #1 pick so far. Where did get yours from? I have priced a few places and so far its tire rack but that's because I'm also having a new set of wheels mounted on them too as a package deal, ready to mount.
Discount tire $195 each. free mount install and balance. They will price match anyone including online vendors. I brought a printout from 4wheel parts.com and they beat the wheels by $20 each and the tires by $5 each. To put in perspective they wanted $239 per tire "their" price.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-April '14- YJoTM- June '15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #185 of 186 Old 07-13-2014, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
MySundayShirt
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've been away for a bit but for good reason. I ended up deciding to sell the TJ (a decision I regretted for awhile). It sold A LOT quicker than I expected (17 hours from posting it). I figured with it being summer time would be the best opportune time for buyers and took the leap. I then started my search for a 2012 and up. The additional 100hp was to appealing and it being my daily driver I wanted a few more features too. I was being picky and didn't think I was going to find what I was looking for a few months but one popped up about 1hr from me. My 98 TJ was a great project I still miss and loved how 'basic' and primitive it was in a way. I am however thoroughly am enjoying my 'newsed' 2012 Sport in hyrdo blue. There is quite a bit I have to get familiar with. I have had the pleasure of familiarizing myself with the many forums of how standard it is for the passenger door to leak...the very next day after I purchased it. Not a happy camper but I'll keep researching and ensure it gets fixed. You JK owners out there, I will have plenty of questions!

Name:  JK.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  107.3 KB

Name:  JK side.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  108.2 KB
post #186 of 186 Old 07-18-2014, 07:48 AM
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Love that color

I don't even own a jeep anymore

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.