JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Builds (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/)
-   -   A Jeep is Never Finished (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/jeep-never-finished-1959506/)

MySundayShirt 01-04-2014 06:02 PM

A Jeep is Never Finished

I'm a rookie and get excited for even the smallest of projects. :2thumbsup::2thumbsup: Since I purchased my Jeep I've only painted the hardtop and recently installed a new front bumper and winch. That was very exciting for me. I have lots more planned and will continue updating my build page along with my Youtube channel (Rachel's Wrangler) and website (rachelswrangler.com). All a work in progress as I continue to learn more and more! I'll have plenty of questions for all of you so your patience is greatly appreciated. ;) -Rachel

*When I figure out why every time this site says my pics are too large where I can't even upload 1 of them I'll add some.

Jeffro06 01-04-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySundayShirt (Post 19109074)
*When I figure out why every time this site says my pics are too large where I can't even upload 1 of them I'll add some.

Either re-size them, or link them from a host site, like photobucket using the image tags.

JeepaholicNinja 01-04-2014 06:27 PM

Sounds like me haha. High school and no job, so I was happy to paint my rockers black!

Jeffro06 01-04-2014 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You can link your YouTube vids to your build too.

If your pics are small enough you can just attach them:

Attachment 969730

MySundayShirt 01-04-2014 07:05 PM

Jeffro06: Thanks! My pic file sizes are too large. I'll work on figuring that out now lol. Thanks for the tip on adding the links.

MySundayShirt 01-04-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffro06
You can link your YouTube vids to your build too. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiuE37vl7KU If your pics are small enough you can just attach them:

Ha! The pic just loaded, didn't realize you snagged mine from my website! Show off.

Jeffro06 01-04-2014 07:07 PM

Nice job on the bumper/winch install. I knew you were going to have to take it back off, to feed the cable through. lol. Moving the lever on the winch to free will let you pull more line through. The strap on the hook is for you to use to pull line, and keep your fingers as far away from the rollers as possible. Once you get the power to the winch hooked up be sure to go find yourself an anchor point, unspool the line and spool it back in using the weight of the jeep to add some tension to the line, then you can attach the hook to one of the d-rings and tension the line a bit, to keep it from rattling.

Jeffro06 01-04-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySundayShirt (Post 19111018)
Ha! The pic just loaded, didn't realize you snagged mine from my website! Show off.

Just trying to help. :laugh:

Jeffro06 01-04-2014 07:42 PM

When it comes to sliders have you looked at Rokmen? They are very beefy, you can get internal bracing, and they make a handy step as well. I cut a couple of pieces of anti slip stairway grip tape and applied it to each slider, makes it real easy to get in and out, even when wet or snowy.

MySundayShirt 01-04-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffro06
When it comes to sliders have you looked at Rokmen? They are very beefy, you can get internal bracing, and they make a handy step as well. I cut a couple of pieces of anti slip stairway grip tape and applied it to each slider, makes it real easy to get in and out, even when wet or snowy.

Holy $400.00! You are now the 2nd person who has recommended those. That's the same price of the ARB ones (1/8 steel is a bit overkill too) I want but thought there were others close enough for about $100 less. I like the bolt patterns on those better than the A to Z Fabrication ones I'm probably going to end up with. Do you have a build page?

Jeffro06 01-04-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySundayShirt (Post 19112514)
Holy $400.00! You are now the 2nd person who has recommended those. That's the same price of the ARB ones (1/8 steel is a bit overkill too) I want but thought there were others close enough for about $100 less. I like the bolt patterns on those better than the A to Z Fabrication ones I'm probably going to end up with. Do you have a build page?

The Rokmen sliders give you wheel well to wheel well (ww2ww) coverage, not sure if AtoZ does or not. But if you want sliders that can support the weight of the Jeep, without buckling the tub, inner supports are the way to go, and I have those with my Rokmen's.

I do have a build: Jeffro06's Rubicon

If you're on a pc you can see my sig, it has short cuts to various parts of my build.

MySundayShirt 01-04-2014 09:08 PM

I'll definitely need to sign in on a PC. This app seems to have issues and it's limits. Takes forever to actually load other peoples photos in forums for me and my profile picture seems to appear blank when I did add one. Maybe I'll have more luck that way. I'll check it out.

tyvanwie 01-05-2014 01:37 PM

I run the crown sliders. Not the best, but pretty good for the money.

MySundayShirt 01-05-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyvanwie (Post 19130530)
I run the crown sliders. Not the best, but pretty good for the money.

I haven't heard of these, possibly have seen them not knowing it though. I'll check them out too. Thanks for the tip!

tyvanwie 01-05-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySundayShirt

I haven't heard of these, possibly have seen them not knowing it though. I'll check them out too. Thanks for the tip!

I got mine from knowwhere2jeep.com

The time now is 08:03 AM.