Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jeep CJ7 Lift Questions

361 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jeepcj7er 
#1 ·
Okay, so I'm trying to get a little bit of advice before I start trying to install a 4" BDS suspension lift on my 86' CJ-7. First of all, it has a dana 30 front, dana 44 rear 2.73 gear ratio (getting that changed to 4.10), dana 300 TC.

I want to make sure that the driveline is angled properly, but am not too sure about how to accomplish this. I know that I can order a tom woods cv driveshaft, and will probably need to have the spring plates re-positioned on the axle tubes.

Will I need to get a SYE like i did on my Jeep TJ? What is the procedure for lining up the pinion angle / re-positioning the spring plates? I'm sure this stuff is covered somewhere on this site. Anyone know of any good threads that have a detailed install? Thanks in advance for your input!

#2 ·
You should probably post this question in the CJ Forum since most people in the build forum don't have CJs. Are you installing a drop transfer case kit? If so you shouldn't have to mess with the castor angle or install a SYE kit. I haven't had to do either on my 83 and haven't had and vibrations. If you dont have the drop kit I would put the tom woods cv on to be safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.