Jeep CJ7 build overload..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeep CJ7 build overload.....

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-11-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
Sheps_CJ7
1981 CJ7 

Jeep CJ7 build overload.....

Well it is time to completely rebuild the CJ7. I am in overload looking up axle's and tires and gear ratio's and this and that.... . I have decided on ford 9 axles, beadlocks and 35's/36's. I want a bigger wheel than the OEM 15's. Basically I don't want my wheel to look like a burnt donut. I have 258 bored .30 over power plant. I know the biggest question that will be asked is "what are you using it for?" Well I live in south Alabama so not really any rock climbing here that I know of. So it will be beach, trail, mud... I will probably drive it more in the summer than my truck. Now to sell the Rhino to fund this build!! So any suggestions will be welcome.

Lets just throw in a coil spring conversion maybe in there for good measure. So many options... so many decisions....

I'm going for....
4" suspension lift 2" body
36" tires 17"-20" beadlocks
258 power plant
Other than that, everything else will be decision as I go!

The pic is the current state it is in now.

jeep.jpg  
Sheps_CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.