Which Jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Which Jeep?

Happy Thursday! From Morris 4X4 CenterHalloween Savings to die for!THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 11-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
Lefty17

Which Jeep?

Well im about to be 16 and im interested in getting a Jeep! Im looking at the 90-99 Jeep Wrangler's and Cherokee's. Which ever I get im planning on it having 33" tires and a lift, my question is whether it is better to buy a Jeep already lifted with all the extras or buy stock and then get the modifications made? Which is the best way to go?

Lefty17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Pete3
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If you can fine a good deal on a clean one with all of the mods that is most definitely the way to go. I bought my rig for 12k a little over kbb. He had receipts for all of the parts and purchases to get it where it sat adding up to 22k for parts & installation. I was originally looking to build one up, but coming across this I decided that the rig I was planning on building a DD On 35" tires was right in front of me at a fraction of the cost I woul build it at. and it was clean. Good luck and hunt craigslist like a dawg!
Pete3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
FlexinYJ33
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Pros and cons to both, if ur lookin for a wrangler, anything up to 95 is leaf springs, 97 and newer are coils springs. Depending what u wanna do with it, leafs will be rougher ride but easy to lift and work with, coil is softer ride. Cherokee will be coil also, wranglers have shorter wheel base, but are smaller If u plan on using as a DD. I have a 99 Cherokee with a long arm kit and 35s, and also a 93 wrangler stretched 6 inches, 37 in tires both jeeps are locked and loaded... But I'm a big fan of takin my top off on nice days, either way you'll be happy but it all depends what u are gonna do with it
FlexinYJ33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
FlexinYJ33
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Most the time its cheaper to buy a already modded rig then doing it yourself, but then u gotta look at it like this, who did the work? Was it done right? Was it beat to ****? How long as it been modded? When u lift it an everything yourself you have the peace of mind that it was done the way u want, but in the end will most likely cost ya a lil more
FlexinYJ33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
WhyJayPA
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I try not to buy any cars that have been modified. Especially jeeps. The previous owner can tell you all they want about who did the work and how they never beat on the jeep but the bottom line is that you'll never know the truth.

Buy a stock vehicle, drive it and get used to it, then modify it according to your own taste and needs.

Thats the fun in building any type of car or jeep. Make it your own and be proud of it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.