Jawasan's Islander Rework/Remake... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jawasan's Islander Rework/Remake...

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 10-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
jawasan
Grasshopper

1989 YJ Wrangler 

The Edelbrock Off-Road carb kit showed up today and had that put in and tuned. We'll see how she does off camber and such this weekend at the 'fest.

ALSO this just showed up about 15 minutes ago! Guess in the next few weeks I will be prepping and putting down some Monstaliner in the tub and will redo the hood going up into the windshield. Should look really tight once the yellow is laid down with it and the OEM striping.

jawasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #17
jawasan
Grasshopper

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Ok I guess I can now take "mall crawler" out of the equation! I mean it's no Moab, but Jeeptoberfest was pretty damn cool and the YJ performed nicely.

BTW, the Edelbrock Offroad carb kit did an excellent job off camber...yes, I did stall her out a few times on some hard drops, but I am satisfied....I see no need to go propane at all.

Unread 10-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #18
jawasan
Grasshopper

1989 YJ Wrangler 

...just a few more....

Unread 10-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #19
jawasan
Grasshopper

1989 YJ Wrangler 

..all the pretty paint underneath is gone!

You can bet you a$$ I am not repainting and yellow under there again! Screw that man! Gonna' just stay black!

..and with that said, because I am so proud of her I am going to show her love by NOT WASHING her. Let her whore around with some gaudy makeup for a while!!

BTW, wasn't a lot of mud there...which was fine by me!
Unread 11-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #20
metalmulisha
1989 YJ Wrangler 

jawasan what did you do for a latch on your tailgate on the pass. side been thinking about doing the same also does it rattle at all
metalmulisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #21
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

nice jeep

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90-yj-frame-swap-build-up-1434246/
lovett86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #22
jawasan
Grasshopper

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmulisha View Post
jawasan what did you do for a latch on your tailgate on the pass. side been thinking about doing the same also does it rattle at all
I used the existing hinge as a latch itself. I will post up some more pictures...I finally got around to attaching the cables and finishing it off. One of the most useful things I have done to 'er.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovett86 View Post
nice jeep
Thanks. In the process of trying to "make her mine" since it was pretty much built up already. Funny cause when I bought it I am like "cool, won't have to spend much since most is done." WRONG....always something! lol
Unread 11-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #23
jawasan
Grasshopper

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Here are a couple close-ups. I did cut off some of the lower hinge tab so when closing it goes in easy....the swing/arch will cause it to rub when closing and opening, so I trimmed it. The drop in pin works fine since I am in and out of the tailgate area OFTEN and I do have a t-handle hitch lock that fits perfectly and is not too big and gaudy.

Unread 11-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #24
jawasan
Grasshopper

1989 YJ Wrangler 

- just a couple more of the straps in place and hardware I used (nutserts/rivnuts)....

Unread 11-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #25
jawasan
Grasshopper

1989 YJ Wrangler 

....haven't been updating much but I've gotten a few more things done, or for, the Jeep.

Picked up a Spider Shade at Jeepfest. Also ordered "A to Z" Rock Sliders with side tubes, already shipped and should be here after Thanksgiving...also after "turkey day" I'm ordering the Hoop/Stinger combo PLUS the front part of the cage kit from them. I've heard nothing BUT GOOD about this fab shop, so might as well just get it all from the same "guy" and show some support.
Unread 11-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #26
jawasan
Grasshopper

1989 YJ Wrangler 

...and lastly, hit up Monstaliner the other night and picked out a 2 gal kit for the exterior. "Don't Scream at Me" Yellow.

Sadly when I went to get ready to the mother-in-law's Cherokee tub I noticed that the free qt. of Chassis Saver was not put in the box....never really felt the need to check the box when it arrived. I will wait to do her tub until Eric can send it since she definitely has rust issues.

Hopefully my order will have it included cause there is no way in hell I can share my stash with her! Get your own lady! lol

Anyhow....will post up pics as I progress of course. Have a great Thanksgiving holiday everyone.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.