Janesy's 03' Rubicon Build - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Janesy's 03' Rubicon Build

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 12-21-2012, 05:49 AM   #136
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara View Post
Looks good! Just installed mine this week as well.
Thanks! Will be much nicer having these than the crap stock Rubi rails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin72 View Post
How was your experience with Ballistic? I am considering an order from them. Are the diff covers as strong as they are purported to be?
I think it was your thread I mentioned it, but they shipped very quickly. Got the diff. covers in less than a week from order and I ordered on Thanksgiving. And I'm in MA, so thats not bad at all for across the country.

As for the covers themselves. I have not had a chance yet to put them on. But they are beefy. The outer ring is crazy thick and same with the rest. I have no doubt they will last.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #137
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

looks good!

Do those dif covers have recessed mounting bolts?

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #138
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
looks good!

Do those dif covers have recessed mounting bolts?
Thanks Lu. And no I don't think they are, I'll have to double check tho as I just pulled them out quickly and haven't looked since.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 12-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #139
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Picked up a Die Hard battery, since the Jeep wouldn't start the other day. Original went for quite a while, almost 10 years...

Tight squeeze with the hyline fenders but it went in no problem.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 12-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #140
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Of coarse once I got the battery in and went to run some errands, the starter decided to sh*t the bed. Had done it before on me a while back, but a whack with a hammer and started right up. Luckily I had my tools with me and was able to whack it today in the lot I was stuck in (almost wouldn't fire up) and made it to Autozone to pick up a new one. Changed it in the lot and did hte core exchange and went on my way.

Fires up like a champ now!

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 12-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #141
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Nick do you have your old tires that were on your moabs?

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #142
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I don't. Sold em a while back.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 01-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #143
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

After looking through your build (which looks awesome), I'm even more pumped to get my Jeep on the road this spring. Over the summer last year was killing me every time I drove past a jeep while mine was sitting in a pile in my basement/garage.

With the 35's and only a 2 inch lift, which is basically what I'm going to be running (OME 2.5 with a .5 body lift), did you have to trim anything in the back to compensate for rubbing issues?

I'm looking for bent, twisted, broken axle shafts inners and outers, output shafts, etc...Please let me know if you have anything.
IceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #144
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I don't know if I could go too long without driving the Jeep, but yours sounds like it'll come out great, so better off in the long run.

As for trimming, I had to do a little in the rear, with the corners both in front of the tire just a bit and an 1" in the rear or so. Also just took a BFH to the pinch seam in the front of the rear wheel well.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 01-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #145
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I do miss it a lot, but soon it'll be moving again.

And thanks, looks like I'll be bringing my rear corners to work and running the plasma over them.

I'm looking for bent, twisted, broken axle shafts inners and outers, output shafts, etc...Please let me know if you have anything.
IceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #146
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet Rubi, Got a question for you.

Are you able to take full advantage of the hilines? or are the shocks or springs your limiter? if so do you plan to outboard? I've been thinking of doing something simpler and just building my rig similar to yours (2.5 RC springs, 1.25 BL, Rokmen hilines, TT).
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #147
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Right now my shocks are what prevent me from utilizing all the extra space the Rokmens give me. I forget right now how much extra space there is as I haven't felt like tinkering with the Heep in a while with this weather and no garage to work in.

Once the spring comes I'll look at it again and fine tune everything and do my best to make use of what I have. I will be taking a welding class, starting the end of this month, so I should feel comfortable hacking into my Jeep and out board the shocks.

Maybe if its nice out soon, I can take a better look at it to get an idea of what I'm looking at. Just been too busy as of late, so sorry I can't be of better help right now.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #148
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Going out wheelin' tomorrow with the club, Sunday before the Pats game I finally plan on getting around to installing both the Black Magic brakes up front and the JK turns signals in the grille, that I have had sitting around for the last few months.

Also have some Smitty rear flares coming in Monday. I like the flareless look in the rear, but for the winter it woud be nice to calm down the rooster tail a bit, plus I need em for my state inspection in March...

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #149
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome! My Rokmens finally showed up yesterday, and truthfully I am not sure what I am going to do in the rear for flares. I have trimmed Rubi flares now, which I love, but those are going on another project, so I dunno.
green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #150
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
Awesome! My Rokmens finally showed up yesterday, and truthfully I am not sure what I am going to do in the rear for flares. I have trimmed Rubi flares now, which I love, but those are going on another project, so I dunno.
Nice! I was going to run my Rubi flares if necessary, but I want to sell them and I think they will sell easier as a package deal, so I decided against running them so far.

I really do like the flareless look, but not in the winter/rain, plus I'm surprised I've skated by this long in MA, since we have a coverage law.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.