Janesy's 03' Rubicon Build - Page 46 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #676 of 842 Old 05-03-2014, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
janesy86
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beverly
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendsetter75 View Post
I don't have the O/D off and Axle Lock switches just the defroster and wiper. Again I don't have the Rubicon.
And since I'll never rock a hard top on this rig, the defroster and wiper are useless. Eventually I'll throw in a piece of aluminum there and do a custom switch panel, like my buddy.


03' Rubi: 2" BDS, 1.25" BL/MML, Hylined rollin' on 35" MTR's

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #677 of 842 Old 05-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Tonellin
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,107
You managed a couple of years out of the 42rle, 4.10 gears and 35's..obviously this re-gear is going to make it feel like a new jeep but how bad was it on that stock setup? I've got 35's on the mind for the near future but since it isn't a DD I'm not sure if I should splurge on regear or just save up....

06 LJ Rubicon
http://www.jeep-owner.com/index.php/topic,748.0.html
Tonellin is offline  
post #678 of 842 Old 05-05-2014, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
janesy86
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beverly
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin View Post
You managed a couple of years out of the 42rle, 4.10 gears and 35's..obviously this re-gear is going to make it feel like a new jeep but how bad was it on that stock setup? I've got 35's on the mind for the near future but since it isn't a DD I'm not sure if I should splurge on regear or just save up....
It's not terrible to me... Not sure if I'd want to DD it tho. I turn O/D off once I jump in and go. It's more than fine for around town and most longer trips too, just kinda sucks once you hit a long grade uphill, starts to bog down a bit.

More than sufficient offroad for sure. I can't wait to see how it responds with the 5.13's tho, it's gunna be a whole new animal!

If I didn't want to regear, I'd live with it how it is for a while. But everyone else seems to think otherwise. So maybe I'm more tolerable or it's the fact I don't DD it..

03' Rubi: 2" BDS, 1.25" BL/MML, Hylined rollin' on 35" MTR's

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline  
post #679 of 842 Old 05-06-2014, 12:29 PM
green50gt
Senior Member
 
green50gt's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Goshen, IN
Posts: 704
I drive mine about 50 miles a day with the 35" 4.10 Auto combo, its tolerable. Not ideal, but it works. Off-road there is no issue at all from what I've seen. (FWIW)

Looking good Nick! Really excited to see this thing rolling again!
green50gt is offline  
post #680 of 842 Old 05-06-2014, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
janesy86
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beverly
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
Looking good Nick! Really excited to see this thing rolling again!
Thanks bud, I can't wait either. Rear axle is about done, but I'm stuck in TX for another day, so once I get back, if I have enough time, as I'm heading to CT this weekend, I'll pull the front axle and get that over to my guy when I pick up the front. Shouldn't be too much longer, but still antsy.

Although since the rig has been down, it gave me the chance to do some minor mods, like swapping the seats, locker bypass and in cab winch control. I'd like to swap on the CJ tailgate soon too.

03' Rubi: 2" BDS, 1.25" BL/MML, Hylined rollin' on 35" MTR's

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline  
post #681 of 842 Old 05-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Tonellin
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
It's not terrible to me... Not sure if I'd want to DD it tho. I turn O/D off once I jump in and go. It's more than fine for around town and most longer trips too, just kinda sucks once you hit a long grade uphill, starts to bog down a bit.

More than sufficient offroad for sure. I can't wait to see how it responds with the 5.13's tho, it's gunna be a whole new animal!

If I didn't want to regear, I'd live with it how it is for a while. But everyone else seems to think otherwise. So maybe I'm more tolerable or it's the fact I don't DD it..
Good to know..I drive mine around town on weekends and then to trails for different runs - other than that I've got the beater car

Get that CJ tailgate on

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
I drive mine about 50 miles a day with the 35" 4.10 Auto combo, its tolerable. Not ideal, but it works. Off-road there is no issue at all from what I've seen. (FWIW)

Looking good Nick! Really excited to see this thing rolling again!
That's exactly what I wanted to hear, when I think of running 35's on 4.10 and auto I think of tolerable haha thanks

06 LJ Rubicon
http://www.jeep-owner.com/index.php/topic,748.0.html
Tonellin is offline  
post #682 of 842 Old 05-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Tonellin
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,107
You still have the CB mounted with the u-bolts on the rollbar like you did in the beginning of your build thread? Do you like having it their?

I think I want to move mine and your location looks great...

06 LJ Rubicon
http://www.jeep-owner.com/index.php/topic,748.0.html
Tonellin is offline  
post #683 of 842 Old 05-08-2014, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
janesy86
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beverly
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin View Post
You still have the CB mounted with the u-bolts on the rollbar like you did in the beginning of your build thread? Do you like having it their?

I think I want to move mine and your location looks great...
Nah, it's now mounted to the backside of the center console. I hardly ever use the thing, sure every now and then its handy, but for most of the time, unnecessary.

It didn't stay there very long and I forget why I moved it, but it was a good spot.

03' Rubi: 2" BDS, 1.25" BL/MML, Hylined rollin' on 35" MTR's

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline  
post #684 of 842 Old 05-17-2014, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
janesy86
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beverly
Posts: 1,378
Got the rear axle back and dropped off the front. Had some time today to to clean it up and hit it with some paint and slap on the Riddler diff cover. Also since my buddy got out the broken airline fitting I just rana piece of rubber brakeline threw the hole. Nice snug fit and worked nicely when I hooked it up to the compressor. Got it rolled back under the jeep n started hooking stuff up. Will finish up during the week.




03' Rubi: 2" BDS, 1.25" BL/MML, Hylined rollin' on 35" MTR's

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline  
post #685 of 842 Old 05-21-2014, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
janesy86
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beverly
Posts: 1,378
Attached Images
 
janesy86 is offline  
post #686 of 842 Old 05-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Trendsetter75
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East
Posts: 1,568
Where are you going to mount the license plate. Are you painting it black or silver?

2010 JKU (6-spd)
Trendsetter75 is offline  
post #687 of 842 Old 05-21-2014, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
janesy86
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beverly
Posts: 1,378
I want to paint it silver. Hinges black. License plate will either go in the center below the tailgate or on the right, over where the lower stock hinge is. I'd like it in the center better tho.

03' Rubi: 2" BDS, 1.25" BL/MML, Hylined rollin' on 35" MTR's

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline  
post #688 of 842 Old 05-26-2014, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
janesy86
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beverly
Posts: 1,378
Got it painted and mounted. Just cut old tailgate off at hinges for now since it was a lil beat and all torx bolts stripped.. will pull them once I get access to a welder. Extremely happy right now tho.
Attached Images
   

03' Rubi: 2" BDS, 1.25" BL/MML, Hylined rollin' on 35" MTR's

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline  
post #689 of 842 Old 05-26-2014, 10:59 PM
rbkelley89
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chico
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Got it painted and mounted. Just cut old tailgate off at hinges for now since it was a lil beat and all torx bolts stripped.. will pull them once I get access to a welder. Extremely happy right now tho.
Did you run the bolts all the way through both spots at the hinges?

2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is offline  
post #690 of 842 Old 05-27-2014, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
janesy86
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beverly
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkelley89 View Post
Did you run the bolts all the way through both spots at the hinges?
No, with a lil finagling I was able to get a nut and washer on the backside of the bolts. Wasn't easy.

03' Rubi: 2" BDS, 1.25" BL/MML, Hylined rollin' on 35" MTR's

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
04 Rubicon build GregStephens2 Jeep Builds 90 10-10-2014 04:37 PM
.06 Rubicon Build. MRYJ101 Jeep Builds 104 01-08-2013 06:10 PM
04 Rubicon Build skinpin Jeep Builds 23 07-18-2012 01:59 PM
04 TJ Rubicon Build angrybear Jeep Builds 0 11-19-2011 01:57 AM
My 04' Rubicon build 04goldrubi74 Jeep Builds 1 08-18-2011 09:54 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome