It's started...SilverStreaker JK Build thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > It's started...SilverStreaker JK Build thread

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #31
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

This afternoon I installed the KC Hilites Windsheild Light Brackets and KC HiLiTES 121 SlimLite Black 130-Watt Long Range Lights

I've got to finish the wiring tomorrow and get a couple of pics of the finished job.

I've been really on the fence about a sPod but for now that money is going to go to another pair of HiLites (fogs) to mount on my bumper as well as some lights for the rear (haven't decided yet on those).

My Wife's Jeep - 2007 Grand Cherokee - only mod - K&N Cold Air Intake system
SilverStreaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #32
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

Here's a picture of the new lights.

Now I just got to finish the wiring

Unread 02-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #33
JDCS
2012 JK Wrangler 

Did you have any issues with wiring in the 2012? I talked to my shop and they said they had to get all technical with the computer to "let it know the light were there." It makes sense, but I don't know Jack about wiring and wanted to ensure I did it right if I tried to go it.
Can you go through the process you did to wire the lights?
JDCS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #34
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCS View Post
Did you have any issues with wiring in the 2012? I talked to my shop and they said they had to get all technical with the computer to "let it know the light were there." It makes sense, but I don't know Jack about wiring and wanted to ensure I did it right if I tried to go it.
Can you go through the process you did to wire the lights?
I just ran straight from the battery and used the switch included with the lights. From what I've read you can have major issues tapping into the system wiring. The instructions that came with the lights were very straight forward and made the install pretty easy.

Unread 02-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #35
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

Here's some photo's I took of my installation-

Unread 02-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #36
JDCS
2012 JK Wrangler 

Awesome thanks!
JDCS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #37
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

I am enjoying your Jeep build to this point...keep it up
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #38
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
I am enjoying your Jeep build to this point...keep it up
Thanks man! I'm having a blast doing it.

Unread 02-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #39
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

I had to put the jeep in the shop so I forgot to update the build thread this weekend.

Here's the thread I created to vent about my first trip to the service dept. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/m...ummed-1331483/

On Friday I installed the Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Black Tailgate Cover which is really nice and the two m.o.l.l.e. bags that were included should hold up pretty well.

I also installed a Bestop Under Seat Lock Box which was a piece of cake to install and I feel is very secure. Now I have a good place to lockup my CCW when I go into a place I'm not allowed to carry concealed instead of the glove box.

I've got on order the Rugged Ridge Black Aluminum Locking Fuel Door Cover and the Flaming River Battery Disconnect Switch to wire my winch to.

Unread 02-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #40
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've got to take a couple of pics of the lock box but here's a few of the other items I put on this weekend.

The next BIG thing on my list is a security system. I'm leaning towards a Viper alarm but haven't decided yet.

Unread 02-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #41
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

First picture looks great on the beach
Unread 02-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #42
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmandryck View Post
First picture looks great on the beach
Thanks! I need to get back out there and get an updated picture

Today I had a chance to really check the clearance and I didn't see any rubbing

When I checked this one, I was really glad I trimmed my pinch seam

Unread 02-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #43
slapshot
2011 JK Wrangler 

Looks good!

What size tires did you switch too? Any rubbing?

And how's the spare tire support brackets working out?
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #44
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
Looks good!

What size tires did you switch too? Any rubbing?

And how's the spare tire support brackets working out?
Thanks! The tires are Cooper Discoverer STT 35x12.50r17 and I didn't notice any rubbing while I was out this weekend but I checked it yesterday back at the house and the left rear wheel did rub a little on the plastic wheel well one the inner edge of the tire. Not enough to be concerned with though.

And the spare tire hung on great. I hit a few spots/holes a little harder than I intended but I didn't see any vibration on the back. I do plan on taking the tire off this week and just re-torquing the bolts just to be safe.

Unread 11-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #45
sstamb0925
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jeep looks good man, how do those tires run with the lift? ive got a RC 2.5 and am looking at 35's hows it handle offroad?
sstamb0925 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.