It's just another TJ build thread... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > It's just another TJ build thread...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #31
curt7088
2002 TJ Wrangler 

POP ur calipers off and grease the hell out of the liddle slides on them and see if that fixes the problem seems to me like all the mud may have caked them up pretty good... happened to my lil nissan hardbody once and it almost cause an accident ( little slides had been seized up for a while and was only stopping with one pad on the right front and wore out the pad one day when i touched the brakes it was only metal on metal and it grabbed hard in one of the grooves that had worn into it and threw me off the road into a ditch then into a parking lot lol ) but try that out.

lol iam stealth like a 900 pound cat ha ha
curt7088 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #32
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well yesterday I graduated from high school so I've been too busy to tear into my brakes yet, the Jeeps just been parked.
I did however have time to (somewhat) grind down and sand the UCAs and paint them.

The right one is only partially grinded in this picture.

4 linked DD on coilovers
Brian86992 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #33
curt7088
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nice looks good what type of paint did you use?
Unread 06-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #34
Keenans_TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Great looking jeep. How do you like the light output of the HIDs with E-code housings?
Unread 06-10-2011, 12:49 AM   #35
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I got three teeth pulled on Monday so I've been basically laying on the couch for the last days not able to work on the Jeep or even drive it (I'm on Vikodin). I'm out of town over the weekend but Monday is go time. Hopefully I'll find enough time to knock out a whole list I have of Jeep To-Do's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt7088 View Post
nice looks good what type of paint did you use?
Regular ol' Krylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenans_TJ View Post
Great looking jeep. How do you like the light output of the HIDs with E-code housings?
Amazing. Definitely one of my favorite purchases. Very clean cutoff too so it's friendly to other cars, but the high beams will really get someone's attention.

4 linked DD on coilovers
Unread 06-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #36
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Today I got lotsa maintenance done (and it feels GOOD)

First, replaced the brake calipers. The left was not shutting as hard as it should and would sometimes stick shut. All went smoothly and I'm glad to have brakes at 100% again. Unfortunately, my camera decided to delete those pictures...

Next I moved onto O2 sensors. After shelling out a pretty penny for 4 new ones I was glad to find that they all came out with not too much effort (I've heard some horror stories). I feel that the Jeep has more power now and I hope I'll find better gas mileage too but I won't know until I burn through another tank.

I also found time to put in the new (to me) Rock Krawler UCA's. I was able to push the axle forward about another 2" with the little oblong washers on the LCAs. The steering seems a bit straighter now which is definitely a good thing.

Finally I was so ashamed of the "Skyjacker" sticker sticker on my SS I ripped it off and re-branded. Not that it'll change anything, I just don't want to advertise for them like that.

4 linked DD on coilovers
Unread 06-22-2011, 12:14 AM   #37
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

More stuff... caught a little free time today.

I sanded and painted some epoxy that I used to fill a crack in the hard top. (Had to do this on both sides actually) It's no body shop job but it's strong as ever and hardly noticeable.

Then I ditched the license plate bracket, drilled some new holes in the plate, stuck double-sided tape to the back of the plate so it won't scratch up the tub and pulled out a mallet. I'm very happy with it now.

Don't stalk me

The "streamline" plate should go well with what I'm thinking about next: MCE Flatty Fenders, Genright ww2ww Rocker (that I may buy locally) and then something to get rid of the rear pocket flares.

The MCE fenders follow the body, i.e. they don't stick out any farther than the tub. I obviously need to remove the rear flares then but I don't want to leave the side bare with the mounting holes visible. (That looks terrible IMO)
The only solution I've come up with so far is a set of steel or aluminum corners, but that's going to seriously increase my cost of doing this Any ideas?

Here's the look of a Jeep that is what I think of as "narrow" - no flares past the body

I just can't figure out if 33x12.5's would look really awkward with no rear flares or not

4 linked DD on coilovers
Unread 06-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #38
curt7088
2002 TJ Wrangler 

it should look alright if you use corners on the rear, but if you have to cut ur fender up back there it may look like you seriously need a larger tire, lol you've made a lot of progress on it so far, a helluva lot more than i have... looks good glad to see ur enjoying ur jeep mang...
Unread 06-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #39
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Definitely will make the 33's look tiny. Especially after new fenders and my ongoing steering research I will be ready for 35's or 36's, the only problem is that my tires were brand new just a year ago and have a ton of life left. I guess we'll see how it goes

4 linked DD on coilovers
Unread 06-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #40
cwsluggers1
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Sell the 33's. Only a year's worth of driving?? You could get some good money to put down for the bigger meat.
cwsluggers1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #41
jclauson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I just did tubes up front and cant figure out what to do with my rear to make it match either. I was considering full corner armor also. Then I feel like I will always be worried about getting a ticket. Coverage laws in my state say that tires shouldnt stick out past the flare.

Dilema

check it out
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/hysterias-90-yj-build-1190617/
jclauson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #42
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Go ahead and post a pic I would love to see how it looks. Fortunately in Florida there aren't any coverage laws I need to worry about

4 linked DD on coilovers
Unread 06-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #43
JahnPaters
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian86992 View Post
Go ahead and post a pic I would love to see how it looks. Fortunately in Florida there aren't any coverage laws I need to worry about
wow, I never knew that. I always just assumed cops never cared to look. mine stick out a good 2+ inches, but I like it that way.
JahnPaters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #44
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Seriously considering a set of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...Q5fAccessories

Thoughts?

4 linked DD on coilovers
Unread 07-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #45
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep is lookin good man.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.