It's just another TJ build thread... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > It's just another TJ build thread...

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #16
2000GrayTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice so far! I like the way this is headed, very similar to what I'm going for with my new project.

cheers

Unread 05-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #17
curt7088
2002 TJ Wrangler 

well honestly more antennas can't hurt!!! might as well go all out!!!
lol iam stealth like a 900 pound cat ha ha
curt7088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #18
tucanbob

more are hurtful that close to each other. the minimum distance is something like 11'
Unread 05-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #19
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I quickly realized I absolutely hate the red.

I changed my headlight bezels back to black and darkened the turn signals... I'm slowly working towards the "blacked out" thing... I'll see how I like it as I go along

I also properly wired up the ground on my winch control. Previously it was on one of the motor bolts and I finally took all of five minutes to wrench out the bottom ground and do it right.

Next up is front control arms. I still have stockers up top with is a definite so I'm looking to buy some used adjustable Rubicon Express to match my back uppers.

I'm also throwing around the idea of cutting off the axle end of my front lowers and welding on a Johnny Joint... I'll have to look into this though seeing that I have no experience with it

4 linked DD on coilovers
Brian86992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #20
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wiring harness for the 55W HIDs arrived. Apparently the stock harness cannot handle the innitial draw from the lights so it takes several times switching them on and off to get them both on... very annoying hopefully this will fix it.
While I was at it I ordered some super white LEDs for the dash cluster. Cost about $7 and it'll be a fun little project.

Looks like I'll get to spend some quality time with the Jeep tomorrow

4 linked DD on coilovers
Unread 05-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #21
cwsluggers1
1989 YJ Wrangler 

What kind of fender flares do you have?
cwsluggers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #22
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure of the brand but I think they would be a " 4" pocket flare" Want to buy them?

4 linked DD on coilovers
Unread 05-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #23
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Today I Installed a (second) harness for my HIDs so they actually turn on the first time, not the 10th
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HI...Wiring-Harness
As far as I understand it relieves "stress" from the stock harness, which couldn't power the initial surge when the lights are turned on.

I also did the dash LED mod. Real easy 10 minute project.

I should have read more and bought 3 way (or something like that) LEDs because although the ones I bought work, there's bright spots and dim spots. The picture actually makes it look worse than it really is though

4 linked DD on coilovers
Unread 05-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #24
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Last night I spent a few hours rolling around under the Jeep doing TLC stuff.

Loosened then re-torqued all the front control arms in preparation for some overhaul. Adjustables up top (still trying to find someone selling used adjustable UCAs with a flex joint) and some sort of DIY Johnny Joint on the bottom. Now that I know all the bolts will break free I can rest easy - that usually ends up being the hardest part of Jeep work.
Also did an alignment for my toe in (to be honest I actually just found that the toe is is perfectly aligned so after jacking it up and painting a reference line I didn't have to adjust anything) and then I re-re-centered my axle, with a measuring tape this time instead of just eyeballing it.
Added tire pressure.
Bled brakes (Jeep is pulling to the right when braking after installing the new Black Magic Pads) and topped off all the under hood fluids.

The TJ feels loved now, time to find some control arms

4 linked DD on coilovers
Unread 05-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #25
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Control arm quest:

I don't know if I should be waiting around for Rubicon Express UCAs (used for around $150) or just buy Currie UCAs for ~$230. From what I've read Currie would be the better product (Johnny Joints and all) but is it worth the extra $80?
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-24153.html

4 linked DD on coilovers
Unread 05-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #26
CGSteve
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian86992 View Post
Control arm quest:

I don't know if I should be waiting around for Rubicon Express UCAs (used for around $150) or just buy Currie UCAs for ~$230. From what I've read Currie would be the better product (Johnny Joints and all) but is it worth the extra $80?
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-24153.html
Call Gerald at Savvy, he'll cut you a good deal and he's good for a laugh...I just picked mine up on Friday at his shop.
CGSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #27
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Last weekend was my first week out of class so a few friends and I took a trip up to my girlfriend's hunting lease in Palmdale and also stopped by Redneck Yacht Club.

Then, from a thread I created:
Quote:
While driving the TJ yesterday it started pulling to the right, I assumed it was just my alignment getting out of wack so I continued driving the next mile to my destination. The pulling was getting worse and worse as I drove so after I stopped and inspected I realized that my (brand new) centric rotor was actually smoking. Three hours later I went back and the brake had opened itself so I was able to drive home and I just didn't use the brakes. When I was in front of my driveway I decided to test it again so I stopped several times and pumped the brakes fully and they properly operated. Now I'm nervous to take the Jeep anywhere but I'm not sure where I need to be looking to fix this.

Clogged brake line? Caliper not releasing properly?

Another interesting tidbit is that before this happened the left brake seemed to "grab" harder than the right so the Jeep tended to drift left while braking.
So, I'm in the process of sorting that out right now :

I ended up buying some used Rock Krawler UCAs from a forum member here (red88MJ) for a sweet price and they arrived last night.

They're adjustable, have flex joints and are really beefy. I'll probably do a little grinding and painting on them so they look real pretty and don't rust out before I install them.

4 linked DD on coilovers
Unread 06-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #28
jclauson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

she has to sit on a pistol case haha

check it out
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/hysterias-90-yj-build-1190617/
jclauson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #29
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

To be honest, all of us were using the case. She's pretty tall at about 5'10" and I'm 6'2" and still found the case useful because it was a tall table

4 linked DD on coilovers
Unread 06-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #30
jclauson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

That looks like a good time. I havnt been out shooting in a while.

check it out
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/hysterias-90-yj-build-1190617/
jclauson is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.