A Indiana Silvertone TJ & Trailer build - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Indiana Silvertone TJ & Trailer build

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #121
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

On the road....

green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 06:41 AM   #122
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

2nd set of incorrect rock sliders sent to me. I gave the joint the benefit of the doubt and they went ahead and put it right in the ole stinkpipe.

Should have purchased already assembled fenders, and made the "endo" tube shorter so you could see the silly turn signals - oops.

GTS install yet to go. Have roughly a week now ahead of me of jacking with the rock slider joint to get my money back, then I have to install those whenever those come. Otherwise I'm done spending money - Can't sell ANYTHING - Cherokee, Ranger, Parts, nothing. Until some of those items go away, my Jeep fund is very low.

"Might" have enough left over paint to paint the hood - Probably going to shave the bumper and the tie down things since I am not going to need them anymore anyway.

Unread 05-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #123
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wow! Those fenders/bumper came out great! Sucks bout the sliders tho...

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #124
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
2nd set of incorrect rock sliders sent to me. I gave the joint the benefit of the doubt and they went ahead and put it right in the ole stinkpipe.
You would think that they would have gotten it right the first time , much less the second time .

Quote:
GTS install yet to go. Have roughly a week now ahead of me of jacking with the rock slider joint to get my money back, then I have to install those whenever those come. Otherwise I'm done spending money - Can't sell ANYTHING - Cherokee, Ranger, Parts, nothing. Until some of those items go away, my Jeep fund is very low.
Dont feel bad parts arent selling down here either , even at stupid low prices . Hopefully the slider folks will take care of you quickly ... or at least one can hope .

Quote:
"Might" have enough left over paint to paint the hood - Probably going to shave the bumper and the tie down things since I am not going to need them anymore anyway.
What are you going to cut off the bumper ?
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #125
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Wow! Those fenders/bumper came out great! Sucks bout the sliders tho...
Thanks Nick! Yeah. Bet you I don't buy from the same place a 3rd time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
You would think that they would have gotten it right the first time , much less the second time .

Dont feel bad parts arent selling down here either , even at stupid low prices . Hopefully the slider folks will take care of you quickly ... or at least one can hope .

What are you going to cut off the bumper ?
One would think right?

Well that is kinda good to know about the market, though it still sucks. I have an offroad trip in a week and a day - doubtful I'll have new sliders in place by then.

Sorry, guess I didn't make that very clear. In regards to the hood, the rubber bumpers and tie down for the windshield when folded down - I won't need those anymore so I am going to shave them.
Unread 05-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #126
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Working on the install of the warn gts. There were only two of the 3 bolts holding the tank in on the front. One I had to cut off. I have all the body mounts loose and the body pulled away from the frame to get into that crossmember. Have a new used bolt in there but don't have one of those fancy clip things...hopefully autozone or the likes has those? Broke both straps as well....

On the gas tank itself, there are hoses that go to each side, and mated with a plastic T or Y fitting, then off to the frame. I broke this fitting...is this a common every day piece that can be purchased at a parts store?
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #127
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Crickets...

Got the needed parts at Napa, and put her all back together. For the record I measured to see how much I gained - although the standard is pretty much 1" - I forgot those measurements seeing how it took a few days to get back together.

Truthfully it looks like I gained nothing under the tank, but whatever, it's stronger and that's all I really wanted. I certainly wouldn't want to stick my hand between the diff and the gts if it wanted to compress - tight in there now.

At this point I have to fix a nail in a tire, gas up, throw in my tools, and I could go wheeling this weekend. Might be a game time decision though.
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #128
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Some Genright hiline rear flares would finish off the look oh so nice
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #129
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBevO8 View Post
Some Genright hiline rear flares would finish off the look oh so nice
Hmmm. You might be onto something. If that is the route I decide to go I am going to get those. problem is though, I want new corners to weld those bad boys to - so now im talking like 600-700 bones, which is depressing. More than that actually, they would get color matched as well.

I removed the hockey pucks out of the front bumpstop equation, still have another inch or two I could cut out of the super long bumpstop extension deals.

Absolutely craptastic movement out of the rear axle - this thing is going to have to get outboarded - but maybe the hi rear flares are part of the answer - but not a lot of droop.

I did confirm last night that the warn skid is indeed 1" shorter than the factory skid...just doesn't look like it.
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #130
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Those interested, some progression of the trailer.

At my buddies shop with a test 35 kevlar sitting under it - cute huh?

Back home doing some mock up, sitting on the frame.

There is bondo in this back corner, so I think I think I am going to put some shorty corner guards on to cover that up.

CJ tailgate, gonna have to do a smidge of modifying to make this work, but should be ok.

Lots and lots to do in a very little amount of time. Hope to have it mocked up enough tonight where I can go pick up steel tomorrow. Due to time constraints I am probably going to leave it as is and just rock it out, or maybe spray bomb it army green until we come back from Silver Lake and it can be down awhile to get proper body work.
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #131
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The trailer is looking awesome , get that thing spray bombed !
Unread 05-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #132
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

More metal work to be done - obviously, but it's finally in a "trailer" status.

Unread 05-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #133
AngryTJ
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

nice build! I've wanted a trailer myself for some time...maybe one day I'll build one

Tarantula_TJ Build

2015 Colorado Trip
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #134
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Sweet tag along! Going to look slick with it all painted to match
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #135
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Lou, thanks MoonyJohn!

Well, now that I am currently driving the TJ daily while I am building a Cherokee, I recall I had a BIG problem with the ole girl:

DEPENDING ON OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE, all my gauges will go nuts, then completely quit. If it's cool or cold, I can make it 30 minutes or more. If it's hot they'll pop in a few minutes. Typically they won't be back until the next day.

I've tried grounds, different batteries, unplugging this and that then plugging back in, electrical grease, etc.

I'd like to get some input from some others on it. I made a post on another site and a few people were saying there is a repair plug available from the dealer that gets soldered into where the old plug goes into the cluster....can anyone confirm or deny this?

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=238652

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.