A Indiana Silvertone TJ & Trailer build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Indiana Silvertone TJ & Trailer build

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 04-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #91
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well... I do love the thought of the Rampage top, and truthfully since she is a garage queen she would most of the time just sit with the bikini part...BUT I can get another Smittybilt replacement canvas with tint for like $190, so I just dont think I can justify the extra cost of the rampage.

I need to order a top and rock sliders this week - Need to modify the ends of the sliders to fit around the rokmens, which I suspect is going to be a barrel of fun. Gotta test fit the inner fenders, get a place for everything under the hood, then off to paint. Still have to modify the hood a bit yet.

If someone could explain the birds and bees to me, I'd like to figure out how to make a love child with this Jeep.

green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #92
hboy828
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's sick
Unread 04-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #93
hboy828
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Are you color matching them, or painting them black?
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:36 AM   #94
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks bud! They are going to be color matched. Yesterday I ordered replacement canvas, rock sliders, and I "accidently" bid on a Warn gas tank skid and won it - . So I've spent $1200 in the last like 3 days I need to slow down for a bit.

Ironically/unfortunately I have the opportunity to buy back a PRISTINE 8274 winch I sold to a buddy a year or so ago for $600 bucks. It comes at a bad time, but I am not sure I can justify the cost of a winch since I am so awesome and never get stuck .

I am kinda thinking that $600 would be better spent getting my belly off the ground, or buying a Detroit/buying gears - etc.

Anywho, all for now. My lowrider is for sale in the Non Jeep section, and my flipper 01 Cherokee Limited is for sale in the Jeep section - somebody make my day and buy both!!!
Unread 04-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #95
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I am thinking about lowering the Jeep, but I wonder if it will be worth the time and money to do so... I have 2.5" RC coils now.. Pro Comp makes a 2" spring that I have had experience with - rides pretty good. Teraflex has a 2" spring but those baring the name are silly expensive. To my knowledge there are no manufacturers of 1-1.5" lift springs. I've been doing some research and the Rubicon spring thing looks to be a myth. Higher spring rate yes - might add something small over stock in the rear, typically nothing in the front. I could raise the coil mounts on the frame - but it's not worth it to me. Meh.

Soft top came yesterday. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to explain the gas tank skid to the wife - she doesn't know about that quite yet.

EDIT* Wonder if the 2.5" RC springs for a 4 popper would have a different rate and get me 1.5-1.75" of lift? Hmm.
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #96
Ryanw10
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I believe h&r makes a 1" lift spring, I do not really have any info but it might be something to look into
Ryanw10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #97
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanw10 View Post
I believe h&r makes a 1" lift spring, I do not really have any info but it might be something to look into
Well I'll be! Bam, I am going to check it out, thanks a lot!
Unread 04-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #98
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I don't the spring rate for the 4cyl is any different. It wasn't even asked when I ordered my springs. You may be perfect once the winch in installed though.....
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #99
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well this idea came about well over a year ago, had quite a few stumbles, then has been sitting for a few months. With 2 kids who are getting bigger and need to take more stuff, this basket idea came about. As we all know there is ZERO room behind the back seat.

This is a prototype - back story - a buddy and I are kinda in the works to start a business if you will mass producing various items, this was kinda idea numero uno. Now that it's on here - not sure how I feel about it.

Anyway, the base part bolts to the tailgate, and the top frame part is removable, the basket is a Bestop brand basket. It may end up on the trailer project, but we'll see I suppose. Once items are on the basket, there will be quite a bit of weight hanging off the factory hinges, and I don't think they'll be up to the task. Of course I do have a kinda custom tire carrierin the works, but that might be a while as I have MUCHO to do.

Again - PROTOTYPE... Sorry for the cell phone pics.

Isn't this just the cutest...

In other related news. Left work early on Friday to arrive home BEFORE my wife to find the Warn gas tank skid on the porch - BAM!

Waiting on sliders - gotta mock before fenders can go for paint. I did not time any of that right unfortunately.
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #100
Ryanw10
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
Well I'll be! Bam, I am going to check it out, thanks a lot!
No problem! im thinking about getting them myself sometime
Ryanw10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #101
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Little to update.

Have the drivers side wiring tucked into the grill and the JK fog all hooked up. Passenger side I have to splice in a new plug due to damage.

Rear spreader bar painted.

Top and side windows on - back window yet to go. Been cool and rainy, and it was super tough to get on - hoping it stretches as is, no hot sun to work with.

Rock sliders showed up - wrong ones, not what I ordered. So currently fighting with E-Auto grilles off ebay to get me the right ones. Think I am going to go forward with finish mounting the fenders, I can't waste anymore time - I want to be driving this thing soon.

Stupid good deals. I am buying something today that I didn't want, but it fell in my lap for a smoking hot deal. Here is a hint - It's a major city in Michigan.
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #102
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

You bought a grand rapids locker?
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #103
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
You bought a grand rapids locker?
That made me laugh! DING DING DING, we have a winner! Going to pick up said "G-Rap" locker right now!
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #104
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

good looking Jeep.

any significant weight in the basket might be of concern though...

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #105
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post
good looking Jeep.

any significant weight in the basket might be of concern though...
I was thinking a cooler and maybe bag chairs, but can you define your concern?

I have to stop buying stuff until I sell a rig or two, I'm burning through my jeep money here recently.

I had to have it though...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.