A Indiana Silvertone TJ & Trailer build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Indiana Silvertone TJ & Trailer build

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #76
hboy828
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Good luck!
Build is looking great

Unread 04-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #77
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Kind of a funny picture... And not nearly as cool as others that you see, but thats what you get when I was driving down the road.. Took the Jeep to R&R Fabwerks in Sturgis Mi on Friday. The fenders are getting welded up - "might" be getting some cage work done, as well as some grill tube work. In hindsight, I would have gotten over my issues with Sinister Fab and ordered some tube fenders that were already done - game over.

Since the silver Jeep is gone for the week, pulled the trailer in the garage and hope to get a little work done to it. Pulled the fender flares off, took some of the scrap stuff I had in it to the scrap yard. This week the plan is to chop the thing in half and prepare the other back half to butt them up together. I gotta figure out how big the tub is going to be before I can do anything with the frame. Or at least thats how I would like it to work. We'll see how much I actually get done - we are trying to prepare our house to sell so I have a huge list of home improvements, and I need to put a radiator in a flipper XJ, so this is week is just jam packed!

Notice how the passenger side is pulled way out of wack? THANKS DAVEYS JEEPS FOR SCREWING ME!! Rant off.

green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #78
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I was kindly given a progress picture a bit ago....Sexy!

Unread 04-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #79
hboy828
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice ... I need to get them
Unread 04-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #80
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! Bet you're siked that they are finally getting welded up!

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #81
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Siked, that is funny, I haven't heard that in years! I used that term a lot in the 90's!
More...

Unread 04-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #82
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

The new fenders look killer , and you have a nice looking Jeep .

I am also building a wrangler trailer , I am curious as to how yours turns out .
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #83
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
The new fenders look killer , and you have a nice looking Jeep .

I am also building a wrangler trailer , I am curious as to how yours turns out .
Thanks a lot I appreciate it! I commented on your trailer thread myself - and I am watching how yours comes along as well. Truthfully I had it in my head I wanted to do it your way, leaving the entire wheel well intact. Unfortunately Daveys screwed me by giving me a bunk tub, so I am forced to cut it down the middle and go that route. Considerably smaller than I was hoping for, but it's whatever at this point.

I am constantly thinking of new mods.. Although I am sure at this moment what I am doing for a motor and trans, I am researching gears since it's pretty much inevitable. Can someone speak to me intelligently about this Jana K4 kit? Looks like bigger strong gears, bigger pinion bearing? I am not understanding how much extra it would cost than doing a normal gear upgrade. And I don't understand this girdle thing - do you have to do that? Is it worth it? Do you need to be "hardcore" to really see a benefit?

A benefit I currently see is that I already have the 3.73 and down case, but that is only a real benefit if I want to run a lunchbox. I at the very least want a full case detroit, but was really hoping to go selectable.

IIRC Connor has done it - I suppose I'll see if I can get him to chime in.
Unread 04-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #84
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Have you read his threads? http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/axles...l-housing.html

I have all of the parts but I haven't had time to set it all up yet. As for the load bolts, he's got a great explanation on what they do.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #85
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Have you read his threads? http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/axles...l-housing.html

I have all of the parts but I haven't had time to set it all up yet. As for the load bolts, he's got a great explanation on what they do.
Yes I have, missing/not understanding the items above. Thanks for your comment Connor!

Just got a update from the fab guy...

Unread 04-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #86
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
Thanks a lot I appreciate it! I commented on your trailer thread myself - and I am watching how yours comes along as well. Truthfully I had it in my head I wanted to do it your way, leaving the entire wheel well intact. Unfortunately Daveys screwed me by giving me a bunk tub, so I am forced to cut it down the middle and go that route. Considerably smaller than I was hoping for, but it's whatever at this point.
Why not get another tub to combine with yours ? I have some time off coming up , I hope to get the trailer roadworthy and licensed .

That is beautiful , almost a shame to paint over it .
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #87
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Currently the plan is cut it down the middle of the wheel well, then across. I have another tub lined up to do the same to, then I'll just butt the two ends together and game over. A buddy came over tonight and we lifted the tub off the frame, flipped the tub, and I hope to cut it up tomorrow. At any rate, I have to get it chopped and out of the way before its hauler comes back from the fab shop, which is hopefully Saturday.
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #88
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Before I give the teaser shot, can anybody tell me how they feel about those Rampage type tops? I previously thought they looked dumb, but after I thought about the functionality of them - it's kinda neat.

Jeep is done, and ready to be picked up. Going to Indy tomorrow to the Zoo, so hopefully saturday pickup is going to work for the guy?

Teaser:

Unread 04-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #89
Ryanw10
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fenders turned out great! I love my rokmens already, I also am a huge fan of the rampage top. Personally I think it looks great and you really cant beat the functionality of. Becomes a bikini top in minutes and all the windows can get stored right inside the top itself.
Ryanw10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #90
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I personally love mine as well. I keep it on year round and has been more than enough even in the winter. Does get a bit tight/stiff in the cold weather, but in the warmer months, taking the windows off is super quick and like mentioned, can store them right under the top.

If you're looking for a top that you will be taking on and off for the toplessness, I'd say to not get it, as it would be a pain to keep taking if off/putting it back on, but if you plan for it to be a bikini, then its perfect. I like the bikini because it keeps the sun off you and if it does rain, you have some cover.

Also fenders are looking real good! And bumper looks like it'll be cool too! I want to add a grille hoop to mine soon.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.