A Indiana Silvertone TJ & Trailer build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Indiana Silvertone TJ & Trailer build

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #31
Prspallone
1982 CJ7 

Looking GOOD! You got to love the Badlands though.

Prspallone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #32
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Can't be of any real help on the Evap, but I think if you remove it completely it will throw a code/light on dash. But maybe it can be bypassed/made into a bit smaller package, like what a few guys have done with the 03+.

Also can't wait to see the fenders and hood louver on there! I really want to get one of the louvers as well!
Do you have a link to said making into a smaller package? That would even be helpful truthfully..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prspallone View Post
Looking GOOD! You got to love the Badlands though.
Thank you! Yes, always a good time. What is semi-disappointing to me is how quickly the terrain changes out there. One time you can go and have a nice little obstacle, then the next time it's worn down so much that its nothing. But at least for the most part the rock obstacles don't vary that much, which is what I prefer anyway.
green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #33
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

When I highlined a friends Jeep we just laid the canister on its side and bolted it down. If you remove it, you will get a check engine light.

forumrunner_20130118_133531.jpg
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #34
Prspallone
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
Thank you! Yes, always a good time. What is semi-disappointing to me is how quickly the terrain changes out there. One time you can go and have a nice little obstacle, then the next time it's worn down so much that its nothing. But at least for the most part the rock obstacles don't vary that much, which is what I prefer anyway.
OHHH PSHHH! You know what it's like living in the "flatlands" (Illinois)? Everytime time you see a dirt pile you get excited!
Prspallone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:07 AM   #35
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
Do you have a link to said making into a smaller package? That would even be helpful truthfully..
Heading out to go skiing and don't know exactly where, but I know Imped did it, and Idaho-Jeep as well. Try searching within their thread.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #36
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ok well, small update. I had to stay home with my son today as he has another bout with strep. I decided to grow a pair and go work in the garage for a short time - IT'S 5 DEGREES TODAY!!

Fender flare removed, all the inner fender cuts unbolted and sitting there. Need to remove the rock slider, then just a few bolts and the drivers fender is out.

See the tiny little heater thing there next to the Jeep? Funny huh? I just about had to insert that into my rectum to get any warmth out of it - lol - otherwise it was a complete waste.

Tomorrow for my scheduled day off - 32nd birthday, I hope to have a portable salamander heater at my disposal - we'll see.

Just for giggles this was the last few weeks has gotten me - I tapped 12 holes so this cage thing could be bolted in.

Good day! My plan is to have both sliders and both fenders off tomorrow. We'll see!
Unread 01-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #37
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well, overall good day. Both fenders removed, sliders removed, hood accessories removed, PSC "mock up", moved it out to sweep, and cleaned her up a bit.

Ready to start cutting. But I suspect I wont get to that for a while - not until it warms up a bit anyway.

I am overly excited about this hot mess!

Unread 01-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #38
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

You are making silver TJ owners everywhere proud!

Looking great!!
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #39
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
You are making silver TJ owners everywhere proud!

Looking great!!
Thanks bud, I appreciate the kind words! I'd like to see a pic of your silver TJ sometime!

Who knew, tinkered with the Jeep for a couple minutes tonight. Made this goofy little tool set at 3.25" that I could run and make a semi-strait line for cutting - as you can tell I am still about as shakey as they come.. None the less, shes ready to get chopped. I may attempt that this weekend.

And because Janesy had me thinking - wanted to see where my tire coverage is/was. The factory Gambler wheel has 5.5" of backspace - minus 1.25" on the spidertrax spacers, I am at 4.25" of backspace. Rubi flare at 4" wide, I don't have a whole lot sticking out - which I like.

Lastly - a little JK'esq mod coming soon. A buddy of mine cut the hinges off the windshield brackets, then welded them shut(in no particular order of course). It will be painted the color of the body with the rest of items to be painted soon. He did it to his TJ and if you're good it will take a double take to figure it out.. Could be i'm living under a rock, but I've only noticed it on his Jeep. It's not like I fold my windshield down anyway..

Unread 01-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #40
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice little contraption for marking the hood! Once you make that first cut, its not so bad and will look great once you get the hilines on!

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 02-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #41
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

You end up cutting the hood yet? Going to make some more progress this weekend?

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 02-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #42
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Lol, no, I'm a wuss, it's been too cold. Truthfully I don't see much progress until at the very least it stays in the 30s or 40s. I am brainstorming though on what to do about the fenders - I don't have a welder, or even appropriate wiring to run a welder. So I'm stuck with someone bringing a generator style welder over, or trailering it somewhere to be welded up.

Woe is me huh.
Unread 02-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #43
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I hear ya. Working on the Jeep in the cold in no fun. And I was in the same boat as you with welding the fenders, right now I don't have my own welder, but I was lucky enough that my neighbor welds for a living and loves to help out.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 02-07-2013, 05:55 AM   #44
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing to report - still cold - still snow. Here is the "quick" project that is getting a bunch of parts off ole silver. The passenger front fender was repainted white, it will go here, fender flares, rock sliders, and the soft top. I've got a set 5 Gamblers coming with some sort of 31" Goodyear tires - similar to duratracs, that will be replacing these donuts. After that gonna have the rest of the front clip painted, "flush" the cooling system, and be sending this ole girl on her merry way - right in time for people are getting their tax checks!

Unread 02-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #45
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I am not going to mention anything about the white Jeep so I don't stray too far from the silver build.. None the less. Here is 10 minutes of work tonight after work..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.