A Indiana Silvertone TJ & Trailer build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Indiana Silvertone TJ & Trailer build

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 12-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #16
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a little side project I have going on..and by side project I mean something that I don't work on - but I do glance at it on occasion. This picture is from August I think - the only thing I have done to it since this picture is I got my hands on a rust free tailgate and some hinges.

I'd like to get 3 more pristine condition Gambler wheels - some 35's, cut this right down the middle of the fender wheel - get another tub of the same length, butt the two ends together, and have them welded up - then paint Silverstone Metallic. Also like to have a basket that sits in front of the tub for extra storage.

This unfortunately takes serious back seat, (no pun intended)as I need to be working on projects that can net me a little profit. My goal is to start into it this coming spring hopefully.

Got this from Daveys Jeeps in Ohio. I have purchased 2 Jeeps and this back half from them - but please don't ask me to say anything nice about them.

It used to be a Rubicon, so I cutely refer to it as the Rubitrailer.

green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #17
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post

You have a pretty awesome build going yourself, so that means a lot thank you. I did see a few guys down there at TFTs with IndyORV stickers - one in particular I "might" have sold the Jeep to him in stock form.. a Moss Green TJ AEV Highlined and a 3.3(?)Cummins. I think I recall a pretty built White TJ, and then a super built Red TJ.

For the record I did say hello when we passed by, I would have stopped and chatted, but for whatever reason I was the trail gunner on one of the more lame trails I have been on there - which was ironically part of orange I believe.
Thanks man, I wasn't there that day but the green one belongs to Will....very cool guy and a very cool Jeep. That's a Cummins B3.3 under the hood and he machined all of the pulleys out of aluminum. You sure the red one wasn't a YJ?
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #18
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Thanks man, I wasn't there that day but the green one belongs to Will....very cool guy and a very cool Jeep. That's a Cummins B3.3 under the hood and he machined all of the pulleys out of aluminum. You sure the red one wasn't a YJ?
I supposed it could have been - I don't recall there being much left Jeep about it - i.e. almost buggy like I thought... Could easily be wrong.

5ish or so years ago I sold a 97 Moss Green sport to a guy from Southern Indiana/Indyish area. He told me he was going to put a Cummins in the Jeep, but wasn't going to be a 4bt due to their weight - and schooled me me about 3.3's. He was married and had a daughter. The Jeep was a 5 speed, a 44 rear, had a 2" body lift on it, oh and had a rebuilt title. It would be neat if it was the same guy - though I didn't actually own it, I simply sold it for another individual.
Unread 12-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #19
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, that's definitely him. And yeah, the red one was a YJ. That's JP.
Unread 12-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #20
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Huh, small world. They seemed friendly as we passed by!

Unrelated question. How do I change the title of my build? Typically you'd go into advanced options while editing the original thread. Tried this, but it didnt change. Thanks in advance.
Unread 12-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #21
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I do have a couple questions about the install.. From my understanding there are no directions with the Rokmen kit. I have heard the magic number to cut out of the hood is 3.25" from front to back - can someone who has done it verify this?

I'd really like to weld that lip back on the hood, like Hendrix did, but unfortunately I don't have a welder! I did also order the Rokmen hood pin deals.

Also, my vacuum canister is under the hood. I presume I am going to need to lengthen the hoses and drop that fellow somewhere on or near the look alike battery tray on the drivers side - can anyone confirm or deny this? I know the windshield washer reservoir is going to need to sit there as well however.
Yes, 3 1/4" was what I did. What Hendrix did is awesome, I like you have no welder, nor the skill to pull that off, plus then needing to repaint the hood. But that would be sick.

Vaccum canister, for the heater controls? If so I just left mine mounted on the inside of the battery tray supplied by Rokmen. Just ziptied it down good. And as you may have saw on mine, I put the washer bottle on the drivers side above the ABS tray. But if you have a manual, it may not fit there with the clutch master cylinder.

Today, if I have time I may be putting in the JK turn signals I've had sitting here for a while now as well too. Just the orange ones tho. Kinda wish I went with the clear.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #22
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Huh, small world. They seemed friendly as we passed by!

Unrelated question. How do I change the title of my build? Typically you'd go into advanced options while editing the original thread. Tried this, but it didnt change. Thanks in advance.
PM spyder6.
Unread 12-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #23
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Yes, 3 1/4" was what I did. What Hendrix did is awesome, I like you have no welder, nor the skill to pull that off, plus then needing to repaint the hood. But that would be sick.

Vaccum canister, for the heater controls? If so I just left mine mounted on the inside of the battery tray supplied by Rokmen. Just ziptied it down good. And as you may have saw on mine, I put the washer bottle on the drivers side above the ABS tray. But if you have a manual, it may not fit there with the clutch master cylinder.

Today, if I have time I may be putting in the JK turn signals I've had sitting here for a while now as well too. Just the orange ones tho. Kinda wish I went with the clear.
Great, thanks for the confirmation! Sick indeed.

My bad I meant evap canister.

I have done CJ turns several times, and I do love the nostalgic look of them, but I am far from an electrical guy. I love the fact that these things are plug and play, and an easy install.
Unread 12-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #24
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My bad I meant evap canister.

I have done CJ turns several times, and I do love the nostalgic look of them, but I am far from an electrical guy. I love the fact that these things are plug and play, and an easy install.
Ahh, gotcha. I got an '03 so mine is in the rear pass. wheel well, so can't help ya there.

And I hear ya on the electrical part. Not my favorite thing and usually screw up. Plug n play will be nice.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 12-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #25
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Wife went shopping for a few hours so I put the kids to bed and went out for some dad time... Random internet guy +1, me 0. I just bought this T section of a Rockhard cage, and just my luck all the threads are rusty and in poor condition. I went ahead and left it in there, certainly isn't going anywhere, so Ill have to get my hands on a tap set and clean all the threads up.

Went ahead and threw the top back up so the Jeep would be useable in an emergency situation.. We are supposed to get dumped on friday/saturday with snow..

Good thing I didn't pay much for this.

Here is the canister thing. I looked under the hood and saw this situation, got slightly discouraged. Gonna have to figure out what the heck I can do with that thing. Hoping I can bypass it somehow.

Unread 01-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #26
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

You ever get them Rokmen fenders in yet?

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #27
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I emailed them Wednesday I think, heard back today. They are supposedly going to be shipping out on Monday.

I am picking up a flipper TJ hopefully this weekend, so I'll be robbing a fender, the flares, and rock sliders from ole silver.

Also got a great deal on a old style JCRoffroad swing out tire carrier. It wasn't really the direction I was headed, but it was really cheap so why not? It is going to add quite a bit of extra weight, so I might have to get my hands on a set of those coil spring relocator deals.
Unread 01-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #28
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Evap canister questions...two part.

1. Not related to this build, but rather my rubitrailer build. How the heck do you remove the Evap canister on 03 and up? I must be missing a bolt and I can't find any info how to remove. EDIT* figured this out.

2. Evap canister is under the hood on my 01. I've read conflicting info if I really need it or not? If yes is there a good way to relocate?

Thanks.
Unread 01-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #29
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ok...super sad nobody has answered my canister question...

None the less, although lame, I can report my rokmen order finally showed up. Pretty spiffy if I must say so. I am taking the day off work for my birthday, so I expect to start tearing apart on January 23rd. The flares, the good fender, rock sliders, and possibly the top are going onto a TJ I picked up the other night.

That means new parts for the ole girl....aww dang!. So I'll remove fenders, chop the sides of the hood, top of the hood for psc louver, front of hood for hood pins, and finish up tapping the rock hard cage. Driving other TJ to buddies shop to have a non-winch version of a bumper similar to Hendrix's, some tube work if I'm lucky.. $1 says I actually accomplish like 1/4 of that.

All for now.
Unread 01-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #30
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Can't be of any real help on the Evap, but I think if you remove it completely it will throw a code/light on dash. But maybe it can be bypassed/made into a bit smaller package, like what a few guys have done with the 03+.

Also can't wait to see the fenders and hood louver on there! I really want to get one of the louvers as well!

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.