A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 11-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #76
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rigs lookin' sharp man, love those fenders!

When I regear, I'm going 5.13's. No reason not to with the auto.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #77
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Rigs lookin' sharp man, love those fenders!

When I regear, I'm going 5.13's. No reason not to with the auto.
Thanks buddy! My buddy text me and let me know my side panels are done, so I'll pick those up on the way home tomorrow. "New" locker pump was in the mailbox today, so I'm excited to get that going.

Antirock is installed, did a little testing, plenty more movement to go!

I like the grill even more now that the stock sway bar is gone.

On bump in this corner

More to go here

About 1" from hitting bump, current shock roughly 2" from full compression.

I just think this one is cute

With all that said and pictured, if I'm trying to calculate what needs to be done when it's roughly 2" lower.. In front I should be able to simply remove the bumps and have no clearance issues.

In back, I'll have to trim out the rear fender well, not sure about the bumps just yet. This wheel and tire combo has a smidge less backspace than my last LCG TJ so I may have to do something different with flares..

I've got the antirock links cut as far down as they go, so 2" lower I think I can keep them out of the inner fenders. If not, in the past I've had shorter links made by a local machine shop. My only clearance fear is the aftermarket welded on rear track bar bracket. I feel like its gonna want to pop through the floor, but I'll test the other side hopefully tomorrow in its current state.
green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #78
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Guess who has a real live, fully functional rubicon? That's right...me! I'm so excited I could pee a little!

New pump actually wasn't plug and play, I had to grind a ear off the plug, but whatever it works!

Think this had something to do with the pump not working right?
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #79
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt
Guess who has a real live, fully functional rubicon? That's right...me! I'm so excited I could pee a little! New pump actually wasn't plug and play, I had to grind a ear off the plug, but whatever it works! Think this had something to do with the pump not working right?
Haha glad it's working again. I like the grille more now with those fenders. A nice bumper and winch will complete the package
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #80
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Haha glad it's working again. I like the grille more now with those fenders. A nice bumper and winch will complete the package
Thanks Lu! I couldn't agree more about the grill - like it a lot now. We'll see what happens when I get the grill hoop bent up. Yes a bumper is in the works, unfortunately it is going to be a few weeks before it get's lasered out - my buddy is pretty busy with actual paying jobs.

Temporary side panels are in:

Stopped by a fellows house yesterday to see what he was up to - took a picture for irony.

Unread 11-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #81
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

To those that read this: Please let me know if you run into any great black friday deals on gears - I am going to have to pull the trigger, this thing is brutal to drive.

I am leaning 4.88's, although most of the deals I have been finding are 5.13's..

Thanks.
Unread 11-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #82
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Roughly 2" lower, and it rides 13 million times better than it did. Next pics will be from the Badlands offroad park! Oh, and besides lowering it, we did that locker switch mod where the lockers can be used in any transfer case position! Thats just plain cool!

BEFORE:

AFTER: (can only really tell in the rear, IMO)

Unread 11-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #83
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks really good lowered , have fun at the Badlands . As to the gears http://www.northridge4x4.com/ has 10% off all gear packages through this weekend .
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #84
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Looks really good lowered , have fun at the Badlands . As to the gears http://www.northridge4x4.com/ has 10% off all gear packages through this weekend .
Thanks Greg! Ok, so I am back on 5.13's I guess. Havent purchased anything though. Found a great deal on all the fixin's on another site but now it appears the dude flaked out on me.

Those who know more about this, please help me disect.
So I had it aligned, obviously, and I knew ahead of time the caster was way out of wack because it was wondering badly. So I can look at the axle and see that is fine. However, some questions:

1. If at the bottom if it says in red "not within spec", why am I still seeing a value in red?
2. Vs. Right and Left. Why do the values not match? EVERYTHING in regards to my suspension is adjustable.
3. Is everything ok and I am just nit picking?

Unread 12-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #85
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

At first I hated the CJ grill, but once you switched out the turn signals and fenders, it worked. I like where you're going with this.

Looks like our paths may cross this Saturday. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #86
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Amen! Let's do this thing! If there isn't any snow, then I at least hope the ground is soft.

Some testing now that it has been lowered. Still more to go here, but the antirock gets into the inner fender. I "hope" to have time to try to trim the shaft down on the link before I go wheeling.

All good here. On bump, ever so slight rubbing.

I presume this is all she's got out of droop, which is fine by me
Unread 12-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #87
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Please take those turd caps of the front bumper

...otherwise looking good
Unread 12-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #88
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
Please take those turd caps of the front bumper

...otherwise looking good
What if I get into an accident, then I'm in trouble!

My new steel should be getting laser'd out any day now... Which reminds me, I better get a hold of my laser buddy!
Unread 12-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #89
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt
What if I get into an accident, then I'm in trouble! My new steel should be getting laser'd out any day now... Which reminds me, I better get a hold of my laser buddy!
Nice meeting you today! Love the cj grill!

You have a laser buddy huh? Hint hint...

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #90
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't see you today....but then again my Jeep was parked for half the day. So you wouldn't have know what to look for to find me anyway.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.