A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build!

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 10-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #46
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So far so good, nice build.

I always kind of wondered what a CJ grill would look like on a TJ, between this a jscherb's work I now have a pretty good idea.

I probably missed your plans for the front fenders, but if you pulled those turn signals, and welded in some nice metal block off plates it would probably looks pretty sweet since you have the whole CJ look completed.

Just spit balling, regardless, nice work.

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...thread-985907/
Dad's Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-1474170/
OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...ngler-1008928/
JeepnBlake is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #47
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Blake! Yes I am installing high line fenders, which are scheduled to arrive today.

I COMPLETELY blame Hendrix for this(), but I discovered both of my rear axle shafts are bent! I had some vibes but I didn't really pay attention - guess it's gotten kind of common place with my vehicles. I let my wife drive it one afternoon, and I noticed a serious wobble out of the drivers rear. After seeing Hendrix's video, I did the same thing. Yep, bent, both sides. Bought and installed a set of Superior Discovery shafts, and voila! An excuse to buy aftermarket parts - dang!

The CV driveshaft I bought arrived - it's 7" too long!! Semi displeased with this, however the company gave me half my money back, which should be enough to have it shortened.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I found my passenger rear shock blew out. This really honks me off as I was hoping to sell the set of Rancho's to recoop some money when I lower it. Oh well. Put a old nasty rusted replacement on for the moment.

Too cold to change out from the old ragged soft top. My poor kids have to bundle up if I have to take them somewhere.
green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #48
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post

I COMPLETELY blame Hendrix for this(), but I discovered both of my rear axle shafts are bent! I had some vibes but I didn't really pay attention - guess it's gotten kind of common place with my vehicles. I let my wife drive it one afternoon, and I noticed a serious wobble out of the drivers rear. After seeing Hendrix's video, I did the same thing. Yep, bent, both sides. Bought and installed a set of Superior Discovery shafts, and voila! An excuse to buy aftermarket parts - dang!
Is Superior back in business ?

Quote:
The CV driveshaft I bought arrived - it's 7" too long!! Semi displeased with this, however the company gave me half my money back, which should be enough to have it shortened.
How the heck did that happen ? Make sure you take it somewhere that can shorten and balance it .

Quote:
Not sure if I mentioned it, but I found my passenger rear shock blew out. This really honks me off as I was hoping to sell the set of Rancho's to recoop some money when I lower it. Oh well. Put a old nasty rusted replacement on for the moment.
You can still sell the fronts to someone ,but I would check with them and see if they will warranty it ...see below .

Quote:
Limited Lifetime Warranty (limited to qualifying Rancho® products only)*
Tenneco warrants qualifying Rancho® products against defects in materials or workmanship (except finish) when used under normal operating conditions for as long as the products are installed on, and the original purchaser owns, the original vehicle on which they were installed.
The grey area is that your not the origional purchaser , but its worth the call as they seem to stand behind their product .
Quote:
Too cold to change out from the old ragged soft top. My poor kids have to bundle up if I have to take them somewhere.
Have you tried the dryer to warm up the top ? Do you have access to a garage ? I dont even have the windows in mine yet ...
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #49
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Is Superior back in business ?
Not sure, but they were purchased out of the classifieds section...used.

Quote:
How the heck did that happen ? Make sure you take it somewhere that can shorten and balance it .
Rough Country/Ebay. I suspect I was sold an LJ shaft. Agreed though, there is a business local that is apparently pretty awesome.

Quote:
You can still sell the fronts to someone ,but I would check with them and see if they will warranty it ...see below .

The grey area is that your not the origional purchaser , but its worth the call as they seem to stand behind their product .
Intriguing. I well check that out - you are the man!

Quote:
Have you tried the dryer to warm up the top ? Do you have access to a garage ? I dont even have the windows in mine yet ...
I do have a garage, and I do have a small space heater - not life or death at this junture. The back window is the only real issue - it's smoked! I did roll it down last night but it doesnt zip on either side..
Unread 10-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #50
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rubi rear flares installed finally!

High lines showed up yesterday...mock. Can you envision it?

Unread 10-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #51
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Those are going to look nice! Are you goin to color match them?

If I ever replace the Rokmens I'd go with those too!

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #52
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So much want ...
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #53
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Those are going to look nice! Are you goin to color match them?

If I ever replace the Rokmens I'd go with those too!
Thanks, I think so too! Well, this time around, no. Pet Peave # 572 of of mine is when you try to color match something and it's a shade off - such as my Highlined 01. So I am going to powdercoat them black. Besides, your's looks pretty neat!
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #54
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks, I think so too! Well, this time around, no. Pet Peave # 572 of of mine is when you try to color match something and it's a shade off - such as my Highlined 01. So I am going to powdercoat them black. Besides, your's looks pretty neat!
I am glad I am not the only one that has that pet peave.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #55
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

A good paint man can get the match dead on .
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #56
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yea I hear ya on the color matching being off. My half doors piss me off everytime I look at it. Thats why I will eventually (once its warm again) paint the whole rig, so then even if its a crap job it all at least matches...

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #57
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
I am glad I am not the only one that has that pet peave.
Oh my gosh, I have so many!

Quote:
A good paint man can get the match dead on .
I am not entirely sure how to respond to that, but I see your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post

Yea I hear ya on the color matching being off. My half doors piss me off everytime I look at it. Thats why I will eventually (once its warm again) paint the whole rig, so then even if its a crap job it all at least matches...
I'm just never happy. The fenders are supposedly at the powdercoat shop now, but I bet Im gonna wish I had attempted to color match.

I can say my buddy is whipping up a set of aluminum side panels that I am shipping off to a hot rod joint in Missouri where they will add louvers!

Got the new soft top on last night - now I wont have to hear the kids teeth chattering in the cold. lol.

And about my driveshaft. Currently, with a drop and 4" lift, it sits at about 15 1/4" I think. The one I bought that's too long - I was thinking of having it made at 14" collapsed. Think that will be ok? Obviously I plan to ditch the transfer case drop initially, but after I high line Ill lower to 2-3" of lift.

Unread 10-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #58
SKT
1981 CJ7 

Subscribed for more updates - it's looking good!

Click here to see thousands of 'Abandoned and Neglected' Jeeps rotting away...
SKT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #59
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you!

Anybody got one of these? I need an 03-06 style bracket that bolts this piece to the roll cage. I just need the bracket part that bolts to the cage above the seat belt. Drivers side if it matters:

Long story short I have issues.

$70 bucks to shorten and balance that stupid long drive shaft. I am sending it out tomorrow!
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #60
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I think I still have them , I will look tomorrow morning when I go out to the shop .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.