A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #31
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

410s and 35s with a 4-1 tcase are perfectly fine both on and offroad

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #32
IH8PEPL
Just like the plate says

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Except on hills... ask me how I know.
IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #33
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL
Except on hills... ask me how I know.
Haha 4th gear and your good.

Forgot to ask if its manual ?
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #34
IH8PEPL
Just like the plate says

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha 4th gear and your good.

Forgot to ask if its manual ?
Automatic, and its a dog... We do have some monster hills that are a 500-900 foot elevation change, I have to mash the skinny pedal to the floor to even go 55.
Unread 10-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #35
IH8PEPL
Just like the plate says

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
I do love the color of your rig.
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #36
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I wasn't happy with mine on 33's and 4.10's when we hit the Rocky's , I cant wait to re-gear now that I am on 35's.

[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/just-another-lj-build-1055533/] Just another LJ build[/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/moab-utah-june-1st-june-14th-2013-a-1444235/]June 2013 Moab Trip [/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/tj-wrangler-trailer-build-1427938/]Wrangler tub trailer build[/url]
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #37
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Looks like a DJ grill instead of CJ since it appears to curve back at the top and with the space above and to the outside of the headlights.
definitely not a DJ grill..The DJ grills only had 5 slots, I may be highly confused(prolly just drunk) about a lot of things but this im certain...lol..

but I like the way it looks just maybe not those foglights...

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #38
IH8PEPL
Just like the plate says

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
definitely not a DJ grill..The DJ grills only had 5 slots, I may be highly confused(prolly just drunk) about a lot of things but this im certain...lol..
Early DJ5s used CJ5/CJ7 grills till they decided to put the inline 6 into them, the easy solution was to use the longer (protrudes forward) 5 slot grill to get the engine to fit.
Unread 10-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #39
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Anywho, Yes, mine is an Auto. With bald 33's and either going up a hill, or into the wind it downshifts frequently.

4wd emailed me this morning and said they sent my order directly to PSC to save on shipping time, and PSC will apparently be sending to me directly..

Tires are in, plans are to go get them installed Wednesday.

Need to sell stuff, nobody buying anything, which is making things go a bit differently than I'd like..

All for now.
green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #40
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Turn OD off. Makes it better. I can live with my rig as is, but hills can suck sometimes depending on what speed I'm at.

I really want to regear, but can't justify the $$ for my rig being mainly a trail rig, with occasional cruising around, which is usually to the trails, haha.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #41
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post

Need to sell stuff, nobody buying anything, which is making things go a bit differently than I'd like..
It brings out the crazies , but have you tried Craigs List ?

[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/just-another-lj-build-1055533/] Just another LJ build[/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/moab-utah-june-1st-june-14th-2013-a-1444235/]June 2013 Moab Trip [/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/tj-wrangler-trailer-build-1427938/]Wrangler tub trailer build[/url]
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #42
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Turn OD off. Makes it better. I can live with my rig as is, but hills can suck sometimes depending on what speed I'm at.

I really want to regear, but can't justify the $$ for my rig being mainly a trail rig, with occasional cruising around, which is usually to the trails, haha.
Duely noted, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
It brings out the crazies , but have you tried Craigs List ?
Yeah, thats where I usually start. I just have a couple big ticket items that are going to take a while if they sell at all, such as the hardtop which shouldnt be terrible, and the ARB rear bumper situation - that however is going to take a special kind of person.

Last night I got some baseline info to go off of, I am fairly impressed. I truthfully have half a mind to leave the 4" springs and have quite a bit of axle movement..

I believe both the rear uptravel and downtravel are limited to the shocks, too long on the stuff side, too short on the down side.

If I was two inches shorter, in the front I could remove the bumps, and have nice tuckage in the high lines. In the rear if I massaged the rear of the fenders and leave bump alone - I should be good to go.(about 1" until bump still) The front shocks would have to be slightly shorter, and the rear about the only way for perfection would be outboarding to get both the up and down I'd like..

The front locker DEFINITELY does not work. Rear locks in, and light goes solid - front just blinks. I tried climbing a wall and had open diff action!
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #43
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Probably last picture update for a while. Got the KM2's mounted yesterday, and washed it. Tires seem to ride pretty nice, very little weight to get them balanced, and are relatively quiet. So far so good.

If anybody knows of one, I need a soft top frame, possibly a tailgate bar - but I have everything else.

It's really really tall! I am happy with the overall look however. Rear flares, the PSC highlines and slammed on the ground is going to make this thing pop.

Unread 10-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #44
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

The CJ turns are now fully functional. Previous owner epoxied one of the turn signal sockets into a housing.. Tried to save it, didn't, had to quickly locate another. Fun.

Hardtop sold, ragged soft top and $$ taken in exchange. new canvas ordered today, going to run the soft zip uppers and sell the glass uppers.

Rear Rubi flares acquired. At the paint shop getting tastefully trimmed, and painted oe style.

CV driveshaft ordered. Will allow me to remove the transfer case drop and possibly do a flat belly down the road.

Was all set to order 2.5" RC coils today, but back undecided about lift amount. Wish the 3" savvy coils weren't so expensive..

No high lines yet.

Thinking of installing a trail rated badge for Conner!

All for now.
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #45
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post
Early DJ5s used CJ5/CJ7 grills till they decided to put the inline 6 into them, the easy solution was to use the longer (protrudes forward) 5 slot grill to get the engine to fit.
ha you are correct sir...I had forgotten about the grill change in 71 when they quit using the chevy nova 4banger and went to the amc 6's...I bow my head to your memory!!!...lol...I still wanna know where I can find a 1976 dj5-e electruck electric model or maybe a 64-65 surrey gala.... right now tho ive got my eye on a 1954 chevy COE wrecker...ill never get one tho they hard to find..i know where one is for a decent price but too far away

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.