A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build!

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 10-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #16
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
Not wasting much time huh !

Plans for that huge bumper ?
Nada. Selling it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin View Post
oh my lord those turn signals are ridiculous - they look like nipples haha. I'm diggin the CJ grill though, I think it will look great highlined/flat fenders.

Thank god you sold those absurd fender flares

Have you looked at MC's front trackbar? I went with them because of clearance issues with the currie trackbar on the D44 with skids - just something to research
Those arent turn signals... The flares haven't sold yet, but yes removed as soon as I could. Nope, this apparently already has a adjustable trac bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA88XJDude View Post
I would say it’s the center section of a regular CJ grill grafted into a TJ grill frame. Defiantly not an original CJ grill, the shape would not fit at all.

Very Unique!
Correct, the statement is not to be taken literally. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcraig View Post
Sweet jeep, love the grill
Thanks! Can't wait to get the CJ turns in!

green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #17
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA88XJDude View Post
I would say itís the center section of a regular CJ grill grafted into a TJ grill frame. Defiantly not an original CJ grill, the shape would not fit at all.

Very Unique!
I agree. Cool idea, but I think it look alot better if the lights were recessed into the grill like a TJ.

I do love the color of the Jeep.
IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #18
Timido
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Are you driving the jeep in 4 low while you are turning on the lockers? Sometimes the locker is just not lined up. You could allways switch the output lines on the pumps and turn on both lockers to test the pump. I had a pump fail on mine. Temp fix you could run the lockers off one pump with a T if you needed to
Timido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #19
JeepinAaron
2003 WJ 

Nice. I dig the grill and color. Also I like the direction you are going. Subscribed.
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #20
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timido View Post
Are you driving the jeep in 4 low while you are turning on the lockers? Sometimes the locker is just not lined up. You could allways switch the output lines on the pumps and turn on both lockers to test the pump. I had a pump fail on mine. Temp fix you could run the lockers off one pump with a T if you needed to
Yes, while on the initial test drive I tried it out while moving. The other testing when the key was on(not running)like Jansey suggested. From everything I've read the pump should kick off when you put your finger over the hole. I've been searching off and on all day, I've yet to find out what symptoms a bad pump has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinAaron View Post
Nice. I dig the grill and color. Also I like the direction you are going. Subscribed.
Thanks a bunch. Might be ordering more parts tomorrow, we'll see.
Unread 10-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #21
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I may have a leak in my line but for what it's worth my pump stays on when locked even when I turn the jeep off.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #22
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
I may have a leak in my line but for what it's worth my pump stays on when locked even when I turn the jeep off.
Which ever locker it is - front or back - does the light go solid or does it blink? My back goes solid, the front blinks, and I am sure it isn't engaging..
Unread 10-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #23
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If I'm not mistaken mine blink until engaged then are solid and then blink when I turn them off until they are fully unlocked and the light turns off.

Unread 10-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #24
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yea, I don't know about the locker not shutting off when you cover the output.

My rear locker, just like Lu stated has developed an air leak, but so minimal that the locker will lock fine, just when I turn my key off with locker still engaged the pump will run.

Lights should blink until locker is engaged. After that solid. Kinda strange what you have going on.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #25
Timido
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I replaced 1pump. I fixed lines. My lockers seemed to work when it was convenient not when I needed them. I sold the working lockers and pumps and put Arbs and their pump in. Hit the switch and they are locked. The factory lockers work ok. They are finiky.
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #26
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken mine blink until engaged then are solid and then blink when I turn them off until they are fully unlocked and the light turns off.
Yes, I believe that is how it's supposed to work. I presume my front pump is just out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Yea, I don't know about the locker not shutting off when you cover the output.

My rear locker, just like Lu stated has developed an air leak, but so minimal that the locker will lock fine, just when I turn my key off with locker still engaged the pump will run.

Lights should blink until locker is engaged. After that solid. Kinda strange what you have going on.
GREAT, I love having strange problems, NOT. I am going to try the T thing one of these days just to verify everything in the front diff is ok. Or switch the lines on the pumps. There is a big line coming off the bump, then the smaller one. What does the bigger one do? I was only messing with the small one.

Quote:
I replaced 1pump. I fixed lines. My lockers seemed to work when it was convenient not when I needed them. I sold the working lockers and pumps and put Arbs and their pump in. Hit the switch and they are locked. The factory lockers work ok. They are finiky.
But you ran some sort of regulator to get the PSI down to 5PSI, yes? How much is a ARB compressor?

Those who followed my last build know I had all sort of problems both accquiring and getting my high line fenders going. This build isn't starting off that hot as well. 4wd hardware says my fenders are on a 2 week back order - at least - so yeah there is that.

My CJ turn signals showed up yesterday. I brought them to work to sandblast today, and I am going to cut out the back so that my factory pigtail/plug will plug right into them - then I don't have to do any splicing and whatnot.(I don't do wiring)

Otherwise no updates persay. Selling/trading the rubi wheels and tires this weekend for a set of cragar soft 8's and some low tread duratracs - this will get me by a few days until my tires come in - which I hope to order saturday.

It's gonna be stupid tall for at least a few weeks - I want to get the high lines on it before I lower it I think.
Unread 10-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #27
Timido
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I sold both lockers and pumps while they were in good working order. I ended up getting half of the money for the ARB lockers and medium pump from the sale of the stock rubicon pumps and lockers. The stock ones have their purpose but I have seen several of them fail. I can swap axles shafts and joints on the trail easy but I don't want to be stranded with an exploded locker 300 miles from home. I took one of my old stock pumps apart after it failed. I bent the crimped part over and cleaned and used very low pressure air to blow all the dust and dirt out of it. It worked after that for about a year. It gave up again and I ended up replacing it with a new $125 one.
Unread 10-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #28
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I sold both lockers and pumps while they were in good working order. I ended up getting half of the money for the ARB lockers and medium pump from the sale of the stock rubicon pumps and lockers. The stock ones have their purpose but I have seen several of them fail. I can swap axles shafts and joints on the trail easy but I don't want to be stranded with an exploded locker 300 miles from home. I took one of my old stock pumps apart after it failed. I bent the crimped part over and cleaned and used very low pressure air to blow all the dust and dirt out of it. It worked after that for about a year. It gave up again and I ended up replacing it with a new $125 one.
Oh....you replaced the lockers as well? I was thinking you just replaced the pumps...I had heard of people doing that. I ain't got the monies fo dat!

Here are the temporary tires with the steeliness I'm going to run. Picked these up this morning. I'll roll with a spare 33 for a short time(until something sells). Went to discount and ordered 4 - 35" KM2's!

And here are my modified CJ turn signal housings...super ugly, but it will get the job done! I hope to pop these in tomorrow.
Unread 10-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #29
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

already looks much better...also fix that last photo because you double posted the same photo of the rear of the jeep

Unread 10-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #30
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
already looks much better...also fix that last photo because you double posted the same photo of the rear of the jeep
Thanks Lu, and fixed.

I am kind of having second thoughts about running 35's.. Ill have to regear where 33's are tolerable with 4.10's, clearance issues to bother with, eh, maybe it's just my mood.

Here are the CJ turns mocked up. What do you think about the coloring? I painted the housings black - was going to grab some silver and paint the insides for reflection type purposes, but forgot. Might look kinda neat, I don't know.

Picture it high lined and lowered...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.