A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build! - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-24-2014, 05:40 AM   #166
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Looks good.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin View Post
I've been following most of your build thread but can't remember if you have adjustable rears for the pinion angle. Other than that I think you've got everything.

I'm just a few steps behind you - I've got the UCF ultra high, lopro, BL, and savvy upper rears.

Also - not sure how bad the salt is by you but I use fluidfilm twice a year and you wouldn't believe how much of a replant it is for the salt. I sprayed it on a couple weeks ago and I've been DD'ing my jeep and not one nasty piece of salt grime is stuck anywhere to the undercarriage of my jeep. I love the stuff

I use mobil 75w-140 front and rear
Awesome, well thanks for saying something. You have a build thread going for your Jeep? Feel free to stop by and comment any time. Thanks for answering my question on lube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
I really dig that rear bumper! I need to look into something like this eventually.
Thanks! Yes you do. But first, for the love of Tom Brady, do that locker switch mod. 5 minutes dude, I am telling you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
X2 , super clean looking .
Thanks Greg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Just admiring that bumper again. A Savvy GTS would look mighty fine under there. I know a guy who'll have one for sale in a month or two...
Ironically Dan-the-Man I was admiring the pictures myself thinking how dumb the gas tank looks now.. Then I thought to myself, self, if I install that 1" body lift I could get a savvy gts and get hella clearance - and the aluminum would match my other aluminum parts. Intriguing eh?

green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 08:00 AM   #167
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sharp bumper man, the gas tank definitely needs to go up now.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #168
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

When you have very little going on, one small item can give quite a thrill. Potentially boring for some, but a small update. I am having some buyers remorse, but at least I finally have a tow point in the rear again.

Otherwise no new info. Still waiting on the front bumper. Turns out the brake bender thing didnt have the tooling to do the bends I wanted, so we had to change the design a bit. Still hoping that all gets lasered out yet today but I doubt it.

Probably wait until spring to do something with the tummy, and hopefully have a deal worked out with my new BFF and his Savvy GTS.
Unread 01-31-2014, 10:06 AM   #169
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That rear bumper looks slick! What are you having buyers remorse over?
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 12:26 PM   #170
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

X2 looks great! That would def be one I'd look at getting, when I want a rear bumper.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #171
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Man that bumper looks slick!

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 06:55 PM   #172
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Buyers remorse ?
Unread 02-03-2014, 07:44 AM   #173
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
That rear bumper looks slick! What are you having buyers remorse over?
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Buyers remorse ?
Eh, I'm just not thrilled about having $375 wrapped up in it when I could have built a stereotypical box tube bumper for less than $100. Could have used that extra money elsewhere - Defender rear flares, gears, GTS, etc. Nevertheless it does look good, and I'm the only one in the area with one like it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
X2 looks great! That would def be one I'd look at getting, when I want a rear bumper.
Thanks! You have a lot of stuff sitting around to install, better get to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Man that bumper looks slick!
Thanks!
Unread 02-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #174
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I debated posting this cuz its far from awesome, but whatever. Color commentary provided by my buddies 10 year old.

Unread 02-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #175
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Only temporary, but finally rid of that awful stock bumper. My laser buddy still hasn't whipped up my permanent one, AND turns out he can't do acute angles, so the design will change a smidge.. It's still sans d-ring mounts, capped ends, and tube work.(grill hoop and small winch bar)

I'll snap a few more pictures later today when I can get the jeep out..

Figured out my passenger side antirock arm was loose. I fear one or both of those items is stripped. That my force my hand to purchase the aluminum arms quicker than I would have liked. We'll see.
Unread 02-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #176
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Other pictures as promised..

Probably can't tell I removed the banks sticker from the steering skid...I hate stickers. I also threw some paint on the skid while I was there.

Unread 02-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #177
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Since I have to put the silly 1" body lift in to run a flat belly, I am going to lower the Jeep again. Going to go with the 1" spring lift via H & R.

My rear track bar is the only problem, it is designed for a 4" lift, and will in no way work with 1" lift. Due to the bends of the track bar, I currently cant get my finger in between the top of the track bar and the cross member above it.. Maybe I could flip it end for end though, Ill have to check that out.

Anybody know of a company that makes a double adjustable track bar with heims for a low lift application? Wonder if I could make one?

For the moment I'm planning on running some take off JK shocks - and those may even be a smidge long.
Unread 02-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #178
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
Since I have to put the silly 1" body lift in to run a flat belly, I am going to lower the Jeep again. Going to go with the 1" spring lift via H & R.

My rear track bar is the only problem, it is designed for a 4" lift, and will in no way work with 1" lift. Due to the bends of the track bar, I currently cant get my finger in between the top of the track bar and the cross member above it.. Maybe I could flip it end for end though, Ill have to check that out.

Anybody know of a company that makes a double adjustable track bar with heims for a low lift application? Wonder if I could make one?

For the moment I'm planning on running some take off JK shocks - and those may even be a smidge long.
I'd recommend no less than 2" springs.
Unread 02-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #179
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
I'd recommend no less than 2" springs.
Why is that?
Unread 02-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #180
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
Why is that?
I ran 2" of lift on 35' on my first trip out before adding another 1" BL because I was rubbing so badly in the back. You'll probably need a lot of bump in back if you drop to 1" springs...which if you don't mind isn't a bad thing just that up travel is hard to come by. Even more so if you want to keep your rear flares on.

In the front 1" springs should be fine.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.