A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 09-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build!

Well, love it or hate it, but I have a new build.

I just brought home a awfully unique Rubicon. It's an 05 with Auto, AC, Cruise, and has 47k miles. It has banks exhaust, banks cold air, 4" Teraflex lift with all 8 adjustable control arms, ARB rear bumper, mismatched tires, a kickin sound system, and oh yeah, a CJ Grill! The Jeep is painted some silver Ferrari color - Ill have to go back through my texts and get the paint code for those who get chubby's over that sort of thing.

First off is getting rid of the stuff I don't want/like. Swap out the 4" coils with either 1" H&R's or a 2", sell wheels and tires(NONE of the tires match), sell ARB bumper, sell flares, sell/trade hard top for soft top, sell trade slider upper doors, remove fog lights, sell fenders.

Next, add an adjustable front track bar, currie steering, currie antirock, high lines, unknown bumpers, 35" Kevlars with most likely steelies, undecided on CJ or JK turns - yeah I know. Cage, full soft doors, Soft top, thats all I have for now..

Two problems I have noticed that need addressed:

1. The rear track bar bracket is aftermarket, and is stupid tall - when I lower it I am thinking I am going to have issues - big issues... Ill get pictures.

2. While I am new to this, I don't think the front locker is working. The front diff light just flashes - the rear stays solid. Any ideas here? Without making me work for it, anybody mind posting the little trick needed to get the lockers to activate while in 4 high? Also, is there a way to run the front and rear lockers individually?

All for now, here are a few pictures. These fog lights are apparently some sort of BMW model. While they are stupid bright, they are in the way of where my fogs will go upon high line..

I'd love to hear your comments!

Current Picture: 2/24/14

green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #2
IAreKyle

Looks like a great platform to start from. My only question is have you ever considered metalcloaks over the high lines?
IAreKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #3
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

That looks like a great score! Color is pretty sweet too!

For the lockers look here:

http://www.wanderingtrail.com/Mods/T...ker_Defeat.htm

Too check if the pump is good, put it in 4LO and then put the key on, but don't turn over. Hit the locker switch once for the rear locker, you will hear the pump run for a couple secs. Then hit it again for the front. Should hear the pump just like the rear, so if it ain't working then its busted, but if it continuously runs you got a leak some where.

If you got a leak take the air line off the barb on the diff. Put finger over air line. That way you can narrow down where the leak is, either inside or outside the diff. I personally had problems right at the barbs that the air line attaches to on the diffs, they were rotted out.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #4
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good....I like the plans.

That CJ grill just looks odd on it, though. Maybe it'll grow on me once you redo the turn signals.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

That definitely is unique. I like the color and your future plans for it
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post

That CJ grill just looks odd on it, though. Maybe it'll grow on me once you redo the turn signals.
Looks like a DJ grill instead of CJ since it appears to curve back at the top and with the space above and to the outside of the headlights.
Unread 09-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like a solid rig , though the grille is throwing me . Wheres the parts tubs for the trailer ?
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #8
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAreKyle View Post
Looks like a great platform to start from. My only question is have you ever considered metalcloaks over the high lines?
I haven't, I don't like them. I was thinking of Rokmen, but they no longer make a flared fender. Sinister fab no longer makes fenders. Tnt customs are like 900 bucks, same with genright. So I think I'm going PSC defenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
That looks like a great score! Color is pretty sweet too!

For the lockers look here:

http://www.wanderingtrail.com/Mods/T...ker_Defeat.htm

Too check if the pump is good, put it in 4LO and then put the key on, but don't turn over. Hit the locker switch once for the rear locker, you will hear the pump run for a couple secs. Then hit it again for the front. Should hear the pump just like the rear, so if it ain't working then its busted, but if it continuously runs you got a leak some where.

If you got a leak take the air line off the barb on the diff. Put finger over air line. That way you can narrow down where the leak is, either inside or outside the diff. I personally had problems right at the barbs that the air line attaches to on the diffs, they were rotted out.
You rock, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Looks good....I like the plans.

Thanks. I'll try to dazzle you. I measured the holes tonight and they are way too big for the Jk turns. I'll have to locate some CJ turns and see what's up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
That definitely is unique. I like the color and your future plans for it
Thanks Lu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Looks like a DJ grill instead of CJ since it appears to curve back at the top and with the space above and to the outside of the headlights.
Nope, it's legit. Here is a DJ grill from my basement.(wall art)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Looks like a solid rig , though the grille is throwing me . Wheres the parts tubs for the trailer ?
In the scrap yard.
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #9
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
y

Nope, it's legit. Here is a DJ grill from my basement.(wall art)
Gotcha. The 7 slots gave it away as the CJ. But your picture does show the two things I pointed out.
Unread 09-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Gotcha. The 7 slots gave it away as the CJ. But your picture does show the two things I pointed out.
I see what you are saying, however CJ headlights are closer together than TJ lights(grill overall narrower), I think maybe giving it the look you are thinking about? Either way, I just work here.

On another note, I discovered the front track bar is adjustable, possibly teraflex. It adjusts in the middle. Not a flex monster, but whatever it works.

Also I may have slightly exaggerated, the rear track bar bracket may not be as tall as I originally thought.. I'll have to flex out and see. According to the Internet machine, it looks like it might be a teraflex bracket.
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #11
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Front locker: Ok, so I pulled the hose off the front diff, put my finger over the end and the pump did not shut off. I then pulled the small hose off the pump and put my finger over it, it also did not shut off. Does this mean the bump is bad?

Ordered: PSC High Line fenders with 3" flare(steel), PSC inner fenders, CJ turn signals, 1 - D44 Solid Diff Cover.

Sold: The 5 mismatched tires and wheels.

Removed: Silly wide fender flares

Installed: The front frame cover over the sway bar, Pristine rubi wheels and 265 MTZ's left over from the last flip.(sold as of this coming weekend)

Considering: 2" Pro comp coil springs, 35" KM2's over 35" Kevlars.

I'll leave you with a photo. She's awkward looking, but before she becomes a real lady she'll have to endure some ridicule.

Unread 10-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #12
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Not wasting much time huh !

Plans for that huge bumper ?
Unread 10-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #13
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

oh my lord those turn signals are ridiculous - they look like nipples haha. I'm diggin the CJ grill though, I think it will look great highlined/flat fenders.

Thank god you sold those absurd fender flares

Have you looked at MC's front trackbar? I went with them because of clearance issues with the currie trackbar on the D44 with skids - just something to research
Unread 10-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #14
MA88XJDude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I would say itís the center section of a regular CJ grill grafted into a TJ grill frame. Defiantly not an original CJ grill, the shape would not fit at all.

Very Unique!
Build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...build-1066682/
MASSKRAWLERS.COM
MA88XJDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #15
Gcraig
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sweet jeep, love the grill
Gcraig is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.