JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Builds (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/)
-   -   A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/indiana-cj-rubicon-build-1633121/)

green50gt 09-28-2013 10:13 PM

A Indiana CJ Rubicon Build!
 
Well, love it or hate it, but I have a new build.

I just brought home a awfully unique Rubicon. It's an 05 with Auto, AC, Cruise, and has 47k miles. It has banks exhaust, banks cold air, 4" Teraflex lift with all 8 adjustable control arms, ARB rear bumper, mismatched tires, a kickin sound system, and oh yeah, a CJ Grill! The Jeep is painted some silver Ferrari color - Ill have to go back through my texts and get the paint code for those who get chubby's over that sort of thing.

First off is getting rid of the stuff I don't want/like. Swap out the 4" coils with either 1" H&R's or a 2", sell wheels and tires(NONE of the tires match), sell ARB bumper, sell flares, sell/trade hard top for soft top, sell trade slider upper doors, remove fog lights, sell fenders.

Next, add an adjustable front track bar, currie steering, currie antirock, high lines, unknown bumpers, 35" Kevlars with most likely steelies, undecided on CJ or JK turns - yeah I know. Cage, full soft doors, Soft top, thats all I have for now..

Two problems I have noticed that need addressed:

1. The rear track bar bracket is aftermarket, and is stupid tall - when I lower it I am thinking I am going to have issues - big issues... Ill get pictures.

2. While I am new to this, I don't think the front locker is working. The front diff light just flashes - the rear stays solid. Any ideas here? Without making me work for it, anybody mind posting the little trick needed to get the lockers to activate while in 4 high? Also, is there a way to run the front and rear lockers individually?

All for now, here are a few pictures. These fog lights are apparently some sort of BMW model. While they are stupid bright, they are in the way of where my fogs will go upon high line..

I'd love to hear your comments!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps47abc579.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps7c12e77c.jpg





Current Picture: 2/24/14

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...psledbaava.jpg


IAreKyle 09-29-2013 05:43 AM

Looks like a great platform to start from. My only question is have you ever considered metalcloaks over the high lines?

janesy86 09-29-2013 06:40 AM

That looks like a great score! Color is pretty sweet too!

For the lockers look here:

http://www.wanderingtrail.com/Mods/T...ker_Defeat.htm

Too check if the pump is good, put it in 4LO and then put the key on, but don't turn over. Hit the locker switch once for the rear locker, you will hear the pump run for a couple secs. Then hit it again for the front. Should hear the pump just like the rear, so if it ain't working then its busted, but if it continuously runs you got a leak some where.

If you got a leak take the air line off the barb on the diff. Put finger over air line. That way you can narrow down where the leak is, either inside or outside the diff. I personally had problems right at the barbs that the air line attaches to on the diffs, they were rotted out.

Imped 09-29-2013 06:58 AM

Looks good....I like the plans.

That CJ grill just looks odd on it, though. Maybe it'll grow on me once you redo the turn signals.

AngryTJ 09-29-2013 10:30 AM

That definitely is unique. I like the color and your future plans for it

dayriesw 09-29-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imped (Post 16403809)

That CJ grill just looks odd on it, though. Maybe it'll grow on me once you redo the turn signals.

Looks like a DJ grill instead of CJ since it appears to curve back at the top and with the space above and to the outside of the headlights.

G Beasley 09-29-2013 01:17 PM

Looks like a solid rig , though the grille is throwing me . Wheres the parts tubs for the trailer ?

green50gt 09-29-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAreKyle (Post 16403153)
Looks like a great platform to start from. My only question is have you ever considered metalcloaks over the high lines?

I haven't, I don't like them. I was thinking of Rokmen, but they no longer make a flared fender. Sinister fab no longer makes fenders. Tnt customs are like 900 bucks, same with genright. So I think I'm going PSC defenders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by janesy86 (Post 16403617)
That looks like a great score! Color is pretty sweet too!

For the lockers look here:

http://www.wanderingtrail.com/Mods/T...ker_Defeat.htm

Too check if the pump is good, put it in 4LO and then put the key on, but don't turn over. Hit the locker switch once for the rear locker, you will hear the pump run for a couple secs. Then hit it again for the front. Should hear the pump just like the rear, so if it ain't working then its busted, but if it continuously runs you got a leak some where.

If you got a leak take the air line off the barb on the diff. Put finger over air line. That way you can narrow down where the leak is, either inside or outside the diff. I personally had problems right at the barbs that the air line attaches to on the diffs, they were rotted out.

You rock, thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imped (Post 16403809)
Looks good....I like the plans.

That CJ grill just looks odd on it, though. Maybe it'll grow on me once you redo the turn signals.

Thanks. I'll try to dazzle you. I measured the holes tonight and they are way too big for the Jk turns. I'll have to locate some CJ turns and see what's up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryTJ (Post 16408049)
That definitely is unique. I like the color and your future plans for it

Thanks Lu!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayriesw (Post 16409217)
Looks like a DJ grill instead of CJ since it appears to curve back at the top and with the space above and to the outside of the headlights.

Nope, it's legit. Here is a DJ grill from my basement.(wall art)
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps27de2898.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by G Beasley (Post 16411865)
Looks like a solid rig , though the grille is throwing me . Wheres the parts tubs for the trailer ?

In the scrap yard.

dayriesw 09-29-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green50gt (Post 16419705)
y

Nope, it's legit. Here is a DJ grill from my basement.(wall art)

Gotcha. The 7 slots gave it away as the CJ. But your picture does show the two things I pointed out.

green50gt 09-29-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayriesw (Post 16419841)
Gotcha. The 7 slots gave it away as the CJ. But your picture does show the two things I pointed out.

I see what you are saying, however CJ headlights are closer together than TJ lights(grill overall narrower), I think maybe giving it the look you are thinking about? Either way, I just work here. :cheers2:

On another note, I discovered the front track bar is adjustable, possibly teraflex. It adjusts in the middle. Not a flex monster, but whatever it works.

Also I may have slightly exaggerated, the rear track bar bracket may not be as tall as I originally thought.. I'll have to flex out and see. According to the Internet machine, it looks like it might be a teraflex bracket.

green50gt 10-01-2013 08:45 AM

Front locker: Ok, so I pulled the hose off the front diff, put my finger over the end and the pump did not shut off. I then pulled the small hose off the pump and put my finger over it, it also did not shut off. Does this mean the bump is bad?

Ordered: PSC High Line fenders with 3" flare(steel), PSC inner fenders, CJ turn signals, 1 - D44 Solid Diff Cover.

Sold: The 5 mismatched tires and wheels.

Removed: Silly wide fender flares

Installed: The front frame cover over the sway bar, Pristine rubi wheels and 265 MTZ's left over from the last flip.(sold as of this coming weekend)

Considering: 2" Pro comp coil springs, 35" KM2's over 35" Kevlars.

I'll leave you with a photo. She's awkward looking, but before she becomes a real lady she'll have to endure some ridicule.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps92c91b58.jpg

gspup 10-01-2013 09:34 AM

Not wasting much time huh ! :D

Plans for that huge bumper ?

Tonellin 10-01-2013 01:25 PM

oh my lord those turn signals are ridiculous - they look like nipples haha. I'm diggin the CJ grill though, I think it will look great highlined/flat fenders.

Thank god you sold those absurd fender flares

Have you looked at MC's front trackbar? I went with them because of clearance issues with the currie trackbar on the D44 with skids - just something to research

MA88XJDude 10-01-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayriesw (Post 16409217)
Looks like a DJ grill instead of CJ since it appears to curve back at the top and with the space above and to the outside of the headlights.

I would say itís the center section of a regular CJ grill grafted into a TJ grill frame. Defiantly not an original CJ grill, the shape would not fit at all.

Very Unique!

Gcraig 10-01-2013 04:11 PM

Sweet jeep, love the grill


The time now is 10:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.